Round 2 Ike

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I am about to wear out the ladder boarding an un boarding windows.
We dodged the bullet in south east Texas last time looks like another round of fun on the way.
Models have the storm going in from Sabine Pass to Corpus Christi.

It might lose strength as it goes. You really can't take chances, though. I am kinda glad I live someplace where we don't get those things.

My sis in St Francisville, La hasn't had power since last Tuesday. They have the ice box and vitals running off of a generator and two neighbor's ice boxes setting in their garage. "Gasoline is expensive" she tells me. The generator uses 14 gallons a day. They expect no power for another 5 days and feel fortunate because some will be without power for another month.

And here comes IKE !! She is truly hoping she gets the detour this time.

CB...will you folks stay at home and ride it out or load up and move inland hopefully away from the thing ??

TexasBred":21va67wm said:
CB...will you folks stay at home and ride it out or load up and move inland hopefully away from the thing ??
We will saddle up and be here, after Rita I didn't have one fence that wasn't down somewhere.

backhoeboogie":dbbiq4ct said:
My sis in St Francisville, La hasn't had power since last Tuesday. They have the ice box and vitals running off of a generator and two neighbor's ice boxes setting in their garage. "Gasoline is expensive" she tells me. The generator uses 14 gallons a day. They expect no power for another 5 days and feel fortunate because some will be without power for another month.

And here comes IKE !! She is truly hoping she gets the detour this time.

A buddy's boy in Baton Rouge is using 4 gallons in 12 hours. Gas ain't easy to come buy as he waited 45 min the last time. School is back in session so they had to go back.

Caustic Burno":1ionyx3w said:
I am about to wear out the ladder boarding an un boarding windows.
We dodged the bullet in south east Texas last time looks like another round of fun on the way.
Models have the storm going in from Sabine Pass to Corpus Christi.

good luck to you. I'll pray it goes to somewhere else.

Hurricanes are one of those tings you don't wish on somebody else, buut boy we could do without one here. We got limbs and trash piled up 6' high all along the streets everywhere waiting to be picked up. If we get another one soon, man its gonna be bad. The flooding would be horrendous because everything would be clogged up from all the existing debris. Just in case, I still have plywood windows! :cboy: Ain't taking em down anytime soon, just in case. The sandbags are growing on me too. Kinda look decorative now!

Horticattleman":1hl258ga said:
Hurricanes are one of those tings you don't wish on somebody else, buut boy we could do without one here. We got limbs and trash piled up 6' high all along the streets everywhere waiting to be picked up. If we get another one soon, man its gonna be bad. The flooding would be horrendous because everything would be clogged up from all the existing debris. Just in case, I still have plywood windows! :cboy: Ain't taking em down anytime soon, just in case. The sandbags are growing on me too. Kinda look decorative now!

Man I know thats right there is just nothing about one that is good. Looks like we are lucking out and the storm is going to pull further south in Texas. Our luck is someone else's misfortune.

Yep...South Texas and Northern Mexico it appears.....you'd think it was coming here...gasoline was $3.499 this morning and $3.759 at lunch.

TexasBred":16w932ep said:
1982vett":16w932ep said:
Wonder what the chance of getting another 1/4 inch of rain is. :(

10-20% (maybe)....hey I got 6/10 last night. :banana: :banana:
Yep, the usual 20% of nothing. We got 1/10th last night. Don't know where it came from but two thunderstorms blew up about 1/4 mile apart, kind of railroad tracked us except one got a little to close and we got a tenth. Some rainmaker probably got in trouble for that. :lol:

We got 3/10ths yesterday, and a couple of sprinkles today.

Last I heard they are talking about Texas / Mexico border. I wouldn't mind some rain!

You know that the path will probably change two or three times before landfall. Take care everyone in it's path!

1982vett":30xcj7j5 said:
Wonder what the chance of getting another 1/4 inch of rain is. :(

I actually got a decent rain yesterday. Coletrane ate the rain gauge, but I'd say we got at least an inch. Probably more. I hear we are in for more later this week.

Cheer up, Vette. I know that's hard to do as you pastures turn into crispy critters.

Latest posts