Roseanne Barr TV show Canceled

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2pd1gwku said:
greybeard":2pd1gwku said:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Never cared for Roseanne to mouthy for my taste, but I don't think this is the way freedom of speech is supposed to work.

This is EXACTLY how freedom of speech is supposed to work.
The 1st Amendment does not tell The People what they can do. It only tells GOVT what they cannot do. It protects speech from censorship by the govt.
Congress shall make no law ......... abridging the freedom of speech
That is all it says about freedom of speech, protecting it from govt control
For all other speech, there are supposed to be consequences within society and the workplace..

The other 'original' amendments in what we refer to as The Bill of Rights do the same...protect us FROM govt...

in before the lock...

EXCELLENT !!!!!!
To clarify a little..because of the power sharing clauses of our constitution, SCOTUS has confirmed and re-affirmed that the word "Congress" also means any part of govt..State, county and local govt.

herofan":touomf7e said:
Bestoutwest":touomf7e said:
haase":touomf7e said:
They must have forgotten about all in the family or the Jeffersons back in the 70s, a lot of racial remarks on them shows, folks must of had thicker skin back then.

All in the Family was meant as satire. It was a left leaning show that was meant to show the stupidity of racism. I think that's the difference. Rosanne was not being satirical with her remark. Comparing black folks to monkeys is a racist sentiment from a bygone era. Same thing with black face, and the backlash that has faced recently.

Maybe she was just comparing Jarrett to the character based on her looks. Can anyone really look at Dr. Zira from the older Planet of the Apes movies and honestly say there is not a resemblance? Isn't that similar to the Trump/Orangutan comparison? Does that still make it racist?

No. Just, stop. JC on a popsicle, what is wrong with people.
Stop.comparing.black.people.to.apes.
It's not that hard.

ddd75":2f7fxvou said:
i like how Tom Arnold can call President Trump "white trash" but thats OK.

Hey now, I never called him white trash. Oh you mean the other Tom Arnold.

You would have to reside in the Universe Cthulhu Mythos to not realize that some people are offended being compared to Primates. We all understand the offense. However, on a purely scientific basis, no offense is justified. The evolutionary history of man and other primates is well known even by lay scientist.

In fact, the common plan for all organic life bears a remarkable similarity. All vertebrates are built on a bilateral symmetric plan. Have two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, four appendages, a head and tail, etc.

No human should hold any offense at being compared to a primate anymore than they should be compared to a cow. The entire Science of Comparative Anatomy is based solely on that practice!

IF evolution were true, it would also imply some races have not evolved as far as another and a cause for offense
by those that disagree. So you're saying one race is closer to a monkey than another?

Evolutionists have confused Adaptive Mutation with evolution.

Bright Raven" No human should hold any offense at being compared to a primate anymore than they should be compared to a cow. The entire Science of Comparative Anatomy is based solely on that practice![/quote said:
I have learned in life that comparing a woman to a cow will get a man into a lot of trouble. Heifer doesn't work either.

Son of Butch":n0egpga6 said:
IF evolution were true, it would also imply some races have not evolved as far as another and a cause for offense
by those that disagree. So you're saying one race is closer to a monkey than another?

Evolutionists have confused Adaptive Mutation with evolution.
Must be something in that Ky water Son of Butch. That deep south hasn't changed much I guess.

by melking » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 am

At the risk of public shame and ridicule, I agree with TT. Why can't someone be racist if they want?
They can, as long as they just as happily accept the consequences for it.

melking":3uhigxew said:
At the risk of public shame and ridicule, I agree with TT. Why can't someone be racist if they want?

They can. It is seen often. Do you mean, why can't someone be a racist and they be judged as acceptable?

Bright Raven":250v7n3z said:
melking":250v7n3z said:

They can. It is seen often. Do you mean, why can't someone be a racist and they be judged as acceptable?

Acceptance by society is a fickle itch. Today, anything seems to be acceptable if you believe what you see in the media.

Butch, the point of my post is that all life on the planet shares common characteristics.

Homo sapiens are closer in phylogeny to orangutans than they are to wolverines. It would seem impossible to say a race of Homo sapiens is closer to an ancestral species.

Bright Raven":314h0u44 said:
Son of Butch":314h0u44 said:
So you're saying one race is closer to a monkey than another?

I did not come close to saying that. So no.

Is it possible Ron? You gotta be nuts not to be a little racist. Kids are going to do whatever they want, but I sure as heck don't want mine to marry or have kids outside of their race. If it was to happen I'd have to move on and accept the consequences, but I'm fairly it sure wouldn't change the way I think.

True Grit Farms":3kce83cg said:
Bright Raven":3kce83cg said:
Son of Butch":3kce83cg said:

Is it possible Ron? You gotta be nuts not to be a little racist. Kids are going to do whatever they want, but I sure as heck don't want mine to marry or have kids outside of their race. If it was to happen I'd have to move on and accept the consequences, but I'm fairly it sure wouldn't change the way I think.

Just like prejudice, everyone harbors some degree of racism. Candidly, I don't see any difference between races of human. I see more distinction between individuals than I do between races.

Bright Raven":3txbeipr said:
Butch, the point of my post is that all life on the planet shares common characteristics.

Homo sapiens are closer in phylogeny to orangutans than they are to wolverines. It would seem impossible to say a race of Homo sapiens is closer to an ancestral species.
No one cares about the science. It's the principal/meaning of the words quoted.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2o02tjuf said:
Bright Raven":2o02tjuf said:

No one cares about the science. It's the principal/meaning of the words quoted.

The words she used and the intended meaning of the words indicate that her intent was to insult. My point is that such comparisons in science are totally acceptable.

True Grit Farms":3bf5d8dc said:
Bright Raven":3bf5d8dc said:
Son of Butch":3bf5d8dc said:

True, and I would say there are many black people who feel the very same way. If you've ever seen any of Muhammad Ali's old interviews, he would certainly have agreed.

Latest posts