Roseanne Barr TV show Canceled

Help Support CattleToday:

I read this and LMAO

Sanofi, which produces the prescription sedative used to treat insomnia, has very politely issued its own clarification: Roseanne's racist tweet was not a result of the drug. "People of all races, religions and nationalities work at Sanofi every day to improve the lives of people around the world," the company said. "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

heaven forbid we say something bad in todays perfect society.

ddd75":315myn0m said:
heaven forbid we say something bad in todays perfect society.
Racist tweets have no place in this world.
But..... in the larger scheme of things;
You keep that up ddd75, you WILL be picked up, hauled under guard to a Joint Interrogation and Debriefing Center, and eventually sent to a re-education/fun/joy 'camp'.
You will however, receive a mood ring, some flowers and lots of superbrownies at the entrance gate to keep you mellowed out and under control..

Rule1046, part A, Sec B para 2 states that all tweets, board comments, instagrams (et al) will be reported, filtered, noted, and compiled, then sent to the appropriate authorities by NSA instituted & mandated algorithms and the name of the offending party added to The List.
Barr's glaring error, was that she was not all inclusive in her comment. Had she simply said "Planet of the Apes had a baby and they named it the human race", the The Others in their matching gray suits would have smiled, nodded knowingly and she would have gotten a raise out of the deal.

Outside of govt, free speech now has consequences as, 3 1/2 decades late, we have now fully entered the Orwellian/dystopian age of Nineteen Eighty Four.

TennesseeTuxedo":d4l4omjq said:
CPA in my office building drove to work one day and ran over 2 mailboxes, nearly hit several cars, careened in and out of traffic causing other people to run off the road to avoid him. When he got to the office he collapsed in the parking lot and 911 was called. He was completely out of sorts and unsteady on his feet. His speech was slurred and he was incoherent.

We all assumed he had suffered a stroke.

Turns out he had a bad reaction to Ambien. He'd been taking it for years on a regular basis.
Beer use to do me that way...especially lots of beer. lolol

She had a serious traumatic brain injury at age 16 and was institutionalized for quite some time. She has had mental health issues (possibly relating to the TBI) for many years. To me, it seems to have grown worse as she got older. I actually read her 1989 memoir. It was well-written and bitingly funny. She has clearly gone off the rails along the way.
Shame everyone else lost their jobs. Maybe they could have rebooted it without her (a la House of Cards).Wanda Sykes (funny comedian/actor) was a writer for the show. They could have had Roseanne hit by an Acme piano, then had Dan meet Wanda at a grief support group. Hijinks ensue. (Yes, I gave this too much thought....)

True Grit Farms":zw0ncx2c said:
Never cared for Roseanne to mouthy for my taste, but I don't think this is the way freedom of speech is supposed to work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... li=BBnb7Kz

Double standards? yes please.

Comedian? Insulting people? YOU DON"T SAY!?!?!? Oh boo hooo.. someone get me a tissue and a safe space.

Former White House spokesman Anthony Scaramucci said, "When I was called a human pinkie ring and a goombah while in the @Whitehouse that was deemed acceptable comedy. Double standard. We better stop the macro punishments for micro aggressions soon. She made a joke in poor taste move on."

"The irony of Disney canning Roseanne while continuing to employ some of the industries biggest racist and race baiting frauds like Jemele Hill, Bomani Jones, Steve A Smith is not lost on most," tweeted former major league pitcher Curt Schilling. "Oh and at the same time hiring a scum of a human in Keith Olbermann."

Joy Reid gets a pass
Joy Behar gets a pass
Jimmy Kimmel gets a pass
Stephen Colbert gets a pass
George Soros gets a pass

Roseanne? CANCELLED

"I'm a black man and I stand with @therealroseanne!" tweeted conservative commentator Oliver McGee. "Yes, she made a horrible joke and she apologized. I see comedians, actors, etc make the same jokes and get applauded for it. This is outrageous."

"Keep your chip up my friend," McGee told Barr. He also called for a boycott of ABC.

"Roseanne made some racist comments, apologized for it and her show was taken off the air. Joy Behar, Joy Reid and Jimmy Kimmel make racist comments, constantly attack this administration for their beliefs in god and yet they still have a platform with no recourse. LIBERAL BIAS!" said Students for Trump Chairman Ryan Fournier. '''

"Can you imagine having your whole day (or week if you're a Liberal) ruined because someone insulted you," tweeted radio host Bill Mitchell. "Man, that has to be an awful existence. Living as a snowflake on a planet with a sun." ''

I'm not sure how saying someone looks like a child of "Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes" is racist.

I thought "Muslim Brotherhood" was supposed to be a "good" thing and Liberals say we are descended from apes?

What am I missing here?

True Grit Farms":262tsspa said:
Never cared for Roseanne to mouthy for my taste, but I don't think this is the way freedom of speech is supposed to work.

This is exactly how it's supposed to work. She is an employee of ABC. She is free to say what she wants. They don't care for what she said, so they are free to fire her which they did. This is no different than you wanting the NFL to make their players stand for the anthem, just a different circumstance.

They must have forgotten about all in the family or the Jeffersons back in the 70s, a lot of racial remarks on them shows, folks must of had thicker skin back then.

Bestoutwest":25aaw3vs said:
True Grit Farms":25aaw3vs said:

This is exactly how it's supposed to work. She is an employee of ABC. She is free to say what she wants. They don't care for what she said, so they are free to fire her which they did. This is no different than you wanting the NFL to make their players stand for the anthem, just a different circumstance.

Really? Disrespecting the flag is disrespecting the US of A. I can't imagine all hoopla if the NFL would of fired any of those players for kneeling. Look how much grief the NFL is getting because a team won't hire a wanna be running QB.

True Grit Farms":23lw6bci said:
Bestoutwest":23lw6bci said:
True Grit Farms":23lw6bci said:

Really? Disrespecting the flag is disrespecting the US of A. I can't imagine all hoopla if the NFL would of fired any of those players for kneeling. Look how much grief the NFL is getting because a team won't hire a wanna be running QB.

No,no. I'm not talking about the politics behind the anthem protest. I meant that the owners obviously didn't have a problem with it, so therefore, they allowed it. If they didn't like it, then, I believe, they had the right to fire/trade/cut the player in question.

Kaepernick is over priced. He comes with too much baggage, and isn't worth the money he wants. I think there's a lot more to the story than just his protesting, but that's another discussion.

haase":263tytpo said:
They must have forgotten about all in the family or the Jeffersons back in the 70s, a lot of racial remarks on them shows, folks must of had thicker skin back then.

All in the Family was meant as satire. It was a left leaning show that was meant to show the stupidity of racism. I think that's the difference. Rosanne was not being satirical with her remark. Comparing black folks to monkeys is a racist sentiment from a bygone era. Same thing with black face, and the backlash that has faced recently.

Latest posts