Fall has been canceled this year

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
We have had an extended summer. No rain and temperature over 80 degrees. That is 20 degrees above normal which is generally about 60 degrees this time of year. So it is finally breaking. Saturday and Sunday are forecast to be around 60. But them there is a chance of snow on Monday. So it looks like we are going straight from summer to winter. This is really a shame because fall is my favorite season and I will miss not having fall this year.

We have 12-14 inches of snow on the ground currently. Then supposed to hit 50 by the weekend.
Hope you got a lot of rock in your ground. Thats the worse part of snow here is it is 1 day of pretty snow, 2 days of a dirty mess and 2 weeks of knee deep mud.

It has been a great fall here. I'm not complaining one bit, but we are supposed to get some snow Sunday or Monday. I'm glad I got my cows home before it got cold. Last year was not bad, but we did have a snow storm a couple days before we shipped, and the year before the same, but way colder; it never got above freezing when we gathered two years ago. I don't like being a human popsicle.

We had a cool front come in early yesterday morning. It's supposed to be down in the low 40's tonight. Of course they're predicting it to be back up to 86° by Sunday.

Latest posts