TV Series

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Anybody following this? Is it any good, portrayed well?

https://www.agriculture.com/news/livestock/the-american-farm-tv-series-to-tell-great-untold-story-of-farmers

I opened your link the people looked like the Duck Dynasty bunch. I did open and read the link about can a rancher be paid for carbon credits if they rotational graze.

hurleyjd said:
I opened your link the people looked like the Duck Dynasty bunch. I did open and read the link about can a rancher be paid for carbon credits if they rotational graze.
I missed that, what did it say? Could you get more credits if you don't graze at all?

ga.prime said:
hurleyjd said:
I missed that, what did it say? Could you get more credits if you don't graze at all?
Several articles at the bottom of the article, you have to scroll past the article that Alison posted. Try to link you up here.
https://www.agriculture.com/news/livestock/montana-ranchers-can-now-get-paid-to-sequester-carbon-using-rotational-grazing

ga.prime said:
hurleyjd said:
I did open and read the link about a rancher can be paid for carbon credits if they rotational graze.
I missed that, what did it say?
Could you get more credits if you don't graze at all?
Program only available in Montana to ranches that intensively graze to switch to rotational grazing.

1 ton credit $15
3 acres of rotational grazing = 1 ton credit or $5 acre

All you need to do is provide the labor, the additional fencing and water sources to make it work.
Then move the cows every few days, document each move date and the acres grazed vs acres rested. Sign up current acres grazed for the program, turn in your records for approval and get paid the following year. ie: 640 acres grazed x $5 = $3,200 easy peasy.

Son of Butch said:
ga.prime said:
hurleyjd said:
I did open and read the link about a rancher can be paid for carbon credits if they rotational graze.
I missed that, what did it say?
Could you get more credits if you don't graze at all?
Program only available in Montana to ranches that intensively graze to switch to rotational grazing.

1 ton credit $15
3 acres of rotational grazing = 1 ton credit or $5 acre

All you need to do is provide the labor, the additional fencing and water sources to make it work.
Then move the cows every few days, document each move date and the acres grazed vs acres rested. Sign up current acres grazed for the program, turn in your records for approval and get paid the following year. ie: 640 acres grazed x $5 = $3,200 easy peasy.
So to get the rancher's participation in this Green Revolution is to give them some green.

If its the show I'm thinking of I watched a few episodes and it pretty much made real farmers look bad. A show that followed a farmer that really produces wouldn't be exciting enough for TV land. I watched a show a few years back called Rancher, Farmer, Fisherman that was very interesting but not enough drama for more than 1 episode. Guess nobody wants to see an old boy cutting or moving hay until it's cool enough to check cows on a 100* day or a Farmer studying soil samples and wondering if it's going to rain tomorrow.

Any so called reality show is going to be dramatized. Nothing is as good as it looks or as bad as it looks.

I tried watching one with cattlemen. It reminded me of how much of my own work I need to catch up on, so I shut it off and headed outside. I am usually on here either when it's too dark for chores, or in the middle of the day when it's too hot to work.