Restaurants make too much profit

Help Support CattleToday:

Dash,
Just do it, and remember if cash out exceeds cash in, you can make up the difference in volume. You can probably even get subsidies

I don't know D, I'm thinkin the price of beef is about to skyrocket since anything that doesn't grade choice or above is apparently gonna get outlawed. Maybe Ouachitas plan could still work though...

I hear those subsidies can be tough to get though, Jo has been working on that phone thing for years now without any results.

All I'm saying is, if you are choosing to fail by design, fail big like the big boys do it. This will exponentially increase your eligibility for a handout to subsidize your failure. Sorta like an attaboy for trying; here, have some free money. Go dash go!

Probably get more free money if you have some middle eastern dishes....

Call it Too Big to Falafel. Be sure and charge extra to be environmentally friendly.... wait a minute... i think i finally understand why it's called being green.

Just make sure you serve liquor, coffee and soda that's where the profit comes from.
M5 is a master butcher so he can cut his own steaks.
M5's Pasture to Plate Restaurant.

Drzr":2o7lgi13 said:
Dishes, forks, knives, spoons, water, soap, employees, toilet paper, paper towels, chairs, tables, ac/heat, dissatisfied customers who you have to RECOOK meals for, cups, glasses, straws, insurance, salt pepper, sugar, artificial sweeteners, DIFFERENT kinds steak sauce, salad dressings, cash register, credit card machines and fees and paper, uniforms, cleaning supplies,

Everyone seems to be forgetting property taxes. A neighbor owns a restaurant. He's retired but has a good manager running things. This neighbor tells me his property taxes run $37,000 a year! Maybe he's shooting me a line. Maybe not. That's a lot of nickels. Over $700 a week just to own the building and equipment. If a walk in freezer breaks down, its a maintenance cost. But property taxes are simply a loss of revenue.

M dash how many steaks do you have to sell to pay $700 a week in property tax?

backhoeboogie":2rjkkox6 said:
Drzr":2rjkkox6 said:
Dishes, forks, knives, spoons, water, soap, employees, toilet paper, paper towels, chairs, tables, ac/heat, dissatisfied customers who you have to RECOOK meals for, cups, glasses, straws, insurance, salt pepper, sugar, artificial sweeteners, DIFFERENT kinds steak sauce, salad dressings, cash register, credit card machines and fees and paper, uniforms, cleaning supplies,

Everyone seems to be forgetting property taxes. A neighbor owns a restaurant. He's retired but has a good manager running things. This neighbor tells me his property taxes run $37,000 a year! Maybe he's shooting me a line. Maybe not. That's a lot of nickels. Over $700 a week just to own the building and equipment. If a walk in freezer breaks down, its a maintenance cost. But property taxes are simply a loss of revenue.

M dash how many steaks do you have to sell to pay $700 a week in property tax?

I don't know but give me some time to look it up on the internet. That all it takes to be an expert, Yaknow!

M-5":k22ux5np said:
Y'all just don't understand it's all about quality and volume. I've seen it on TV so it's got to be true. Like I said I've been eating nearly 50 yrs so I think I'm qualified. Ron , all I've had today is a little sweet tea at lunch and a bunch of water. I just feel good and my gbaby is here life is good. I also could be a NASCAR driver because I watch it on TV and been driving since I was 12.
Now that I think about it, you're right.
I'm pretty sure I can fly an airplane or be a brain surgeon too, just from watching Sky King and Ben Casey.
Push forward on the yoke, the trees get bigger. Pull back on the yoke, and the trees get smaller. Pull back too far and the trees get bigger again.
How am I doin?

greybeard":2zy8urmh said:
M-5":2zy8urmh said:
Y'all just don't understand it's all about quality and volume. I've seen it on TV so it's got to be true. Like I said I've been eating nearly 50 yrs so I think I'm qualified. Ron , all I've had today is a little sweet tea at lunch and a bunch of water. I just feel good and my gbaby is here life is good. I also could be a NASCAR driver because I watch it on TV and been driving since I was 12.
Now that I think about it, you're right.
I'm pretty sure I can fly an airplane or be a brain surgeon too, just from watching Sky King and Ben Casey.
Push forward on the yoke, the trees get bigger. Pull back on the yoke, and the trees get smaller. Pull back too far and the trees get bigger again.
How am I doin?

Doesn't work. I watched every episode of Kung Fu back in the 70's. Everyone was always kicking my azz.

cowgirl8":1dy14yos said:
People are obviously ok with what they charge or they'd have no business. I fix this overcharge by never eating out. I feel much better with that cash in my pocket rather than a few minutes of chewing.

True. Everything costs too much, but it apparently doesn't bother anybody. Sometimes there is an hour wait at some of those steak houses, and there are times when I'm one of the knuckle-heads waiting in line.

M-5
the M stands for Mmmmmmmm good
the dash means your in and out fast, tables changing out every 45 min
5 well that's how much your steak costs

M-5":3i92hjob said:
I don't know but give me some time to look it up on the internet. That all it takes to be an expert,

Or a french model.
5cd9bdd28650fc93bc22bee882c69621.jpg

Latest posts