Restaurant bill ridiculous

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":3kuh833p said:
John SD":3kuh833p said:
Ryder":3kuh833p said:
Scheduled to eat with a group Sat.
I usually drink tea and never paid attention to the price.
We were talking about it and my wife told me how much a glass of tea was.
I think I like water just fine now.

Depending on the time of day or the weather I usually get coffee or ice tea with a meal. I need all the caffeine I can get! 8)
Coffee after the meal with me. It's free if you buy lunch.

Coffee is $1.50 most places here with free refills.

Local drive-in charges half price for ice tea re-fills. Seems kinda chintzy to me. :p

Depending on the time of day or the weather I usually get coffee or ice tea with a meal. I need all the caffeine I can get! 8)[/quote]
Coffee after the meal with me. It's free if you buy lunch.[/quote]

Coffee is $1.50 most places here with free refills.

Local drive-in charges half price for ice tea re-fills. Seems kinda chintzy to me. :p[/quote]

Especially when their cost for a refill is about a nickel.

Me, and the wife and kids got caught out tonight, at supper time. Went to a drive thru. I told everybody they could have one thing of the dollar menu. Well it's a value menu now. Total for 5 of us was almost $10. Got down the road, and my sandwich wasn't in the bag. They win again.

Bigfoot":hq0jees2 said:
Me, and the wife and kids got caught out tonight, at supper time. Went to a drive thru. I told everybody they could have one thing of the dollar menu. Well it's a value menu now. Total for 5 of us was almost $10. Got down the road, and my sandwich wasn't in the bag. They win again.

Never pull out without confirming your order. That's rule #1.

TennesseeTuxedo":2juewya6 said:
Bigfoot":2juewya6 said:

I wasn't even made at them, I knew better than what I did. You would think that with one simple job to do, they'd get right.

Bigfoot":ccu9h93d said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ccu9h93d said:
Bigfoot":ccu9h93d said:

I wasn't even made at them, I knew better than what I did. You would think that with one simple job to do, they'd get right.
at 15 bucks an hour they wouldn;t have done any better

Caustic Burno":39uxt9f2 said:
Ya'll must be rich to spend all this money to eat.

I'm not, so instead of feeling rich, I kinda feel like an "idiot." I was testing to see if it was normal to feel like a basket case to pay that much to eat. I realize there is good food and bad food, but there is only so much a person can do to a piece of meat to make it good.

I don't believe I ever ate in a restaurant of this type when I was growing up, it was usually fast food on occasion. I believe the first type of restaurant that came close to this that I ate at was Ponderosa. I ate at other steak houses and remember when $35 would feed 3 or 4 people, and I thought that was ridiculous. My grandparents would probably have had me committed to an institution for paying $35 to eat out.

At prices these days, they would certainly think I had lost my mind.

herofan":3c4w01gb said:
Caustic Burno":3c4w01gb said:

I'm not, so instead of feeling rich, I kinda feel like an "idiot." I was testing to see if it was normal to feel like a basket case to pay that much to eat. I realize there is good food and bad food, but there is only so much a person can do to a piece of meat to make it good.

I don't believe I ever ate in a restaurant of this type when I was growing up, it was usually fast food on occasion. I believe the first type of restaurant that came close to this that I ate at was Ponderosa. I ate at other steak houses and remember when $35 would feed 3 or 4 people, and I thought that was ridiculous. My grandparents would probably have had me committed to an institution for paying $35 to eat out.

That's funny since my grandma would have paid at least $35 to eat a chicken that someone else killed, plucked, gutted, cut up, and fried for her. That was her idea of heaven and after living that lifestyle I tend to agree.

3waycross":2r62z1kr said:
That's funny since my grandma would have paid at least $35 to eat a chicken that someone else killed, plucked, gutted, cut up, and fried for her. That was her idea of heaven and after living that lifestyle I tend to agree.
Convenience does have value !! They would all shyt if they knew what we pay for gas now yet we don't bat an eye.

TexasBred":3ly3uvzj said:
3waycross":3ly3uvzj said:
Convenience does have value !! They would all shyt if they knew what we pay for gas now yet we don't bat an eye.

You may not bat an eye but I flat out get queasy watching that counter spin round and round.

TennesseeTuxedo":6ln6jtys said:
TexasBred":6ln6jtys said:
3waycross":6ln6jtys said:

You may not bat an eye but I flat out get queasy watching that counter spin round and round.

If you got the tariff, refinery tax, pipeline tax, tank farm tax, service station tax, and finally the pump tax off
it wouldn't be so bad. Since the Feds have pushed higher mileage vehicles the hogs at trough are losing revenue.
There are talking about adding a big tax hike.

Any one going through Lindale Texas needs to eat at Pettys. They are open three times a day. 3 hours for breakfast three hours for lunch and three hours for dinner. Great country food. 2 vegs. meat chicken fried steak, catfish and roast your choice. served with rolls cornbread tea and dessert. $8.50. Guarantee you will not go away hungry.

3waycross":1gsffbyr said:
herofan":1gsffbyr said:
Caustic Burno":1gsffbyr said:

I see what you mean, and I guess I'm that way with some things, but not my grandparents. My grandmother, at age 80, would probably have went out in a blizzard and chased a chicken for an hour before she would have paid $35 for one already prepared.

That's funny since my grandma would have paid at least $35 to eat a chicken that someone else killed, plucked, gutted, cut up, and fried for her. That was her idea of heaven and after living that lifestyle I tend to agree.[/quote]

I see what you mean, and I guess I'm that way with some things, but not my grandparents. My grandmother, at age 80, would probably have went out in a blizzard and chased a chicken for an hour before she would have paid $35 for one already prepared.[/quote]

Oh I ain't sayin she wasn't frugal. I still remember my uncle and aunt taking her to the top steak house in Kansas City and telling her to order anything she wanted. She ordered fried chicken. My aunt was mortified and asked her why she would do that. Her reply was because she didn't have to do anything to it but eat it,