Restaurant bill ridiculous

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":186j240z said:
The only thing worse than a bad waitress, is a nasty bathroom when it comes to the restaurant business.

Oh, there's worse things. Much worse things! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: ;-)

3waycross":2bkwxs95 said:
highgrit":2bkwxs95 said:
The only thing worse than a bad waitress, is a nasty bathroom when it comes to the restaurant business.

Oh, there's worse things. Much worse things! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: ;-)

Yep, there is. I had mine leased out for 6 months before selling it to the guy. When we got down to it there were appliances he didn't need/want so I hauled them to my new kitchen. When the guys unloaded them there was mold growing on some of those things. Never went back to his place to eat again. Don't know how he's still up and running.

Little curly hair in your food is never a good thing either. But I was told never serve anything you won't eat yourself. I've sent some seafood out that I wasn't proud of that's for sure. Fresh seafood is not supposed to be thawed out. The special of the day is supposed to run out, but you never tell someone your out of something on the menu.

We can't use our kitchen for 2 days and i don't feel like grilling so we went out this evening to Applebee's. I've been there twice and both times the food was good and the service was pretty good. Tonight, not so much. We got our appetizer and I had to get our own app plates and silverware to eat off from the waiters station. When our food came, my steak was way over cooked and the fried shrimp actually burnt. The steal was served on one of those cast iron hot plates and it was obvious lookin at the potatoe wedges that it had all set on the hot plate for too long. Sent it all back, which I have never done. By the time I got my food again, everyone else was done. And I asked for cocktail sauce twice for the shrimp and never got it.
Needless to say the waitress got just enough of a tip to know she needs to step up her game.

The Mrs. and I rarely eat out and then it is Subway when we are on the road.
Most of the time traveling the Mrs. will pack us a lunch.
Been to a steakhouse once in my life on my dime. That is the reason I have
two freezers.
I am tighter than a crabs ass and that is waterproof.
I refuse to pay for one meal what we can buy a weeks worth of groceries.

ALACOWMAN":myjfump9 said:
TexasBred":myjfump9 said:
ALACOWMAN":myjfump9 said:
When a 4 weight calf brings over a grand , I feel a little hypocritical complaining ....
Absolutely !! Like a fine whiskey, a fine steak has never sold for what it's worth. We eat out a couple times a week. I'm absolutely going to order what I want !!!! If you don't or can't you're in the wrong place anyway. I do enjoy a burger from Whataburger every couple of weeks.
Wish we had a whataburger here,out side of homemade you can't get one worth a dam anymore....

Around here you can pay $15-$25 for a homemade style burger at a restaurant.

Just came back from across the railroad tracks at this little hole in the wall place. Today they had OXtail over rice, cabbage, and sliced sweet potatoes and fried corn bread. 13.04- worth ever penny and I need a nap.

M5farm":38hgtoo5 said:
Just came back from across the railroad tracks at this little hole in the wall place. Today they had OXtail over rice, cabbage, and sliced sweet potatoes and fried corn bread. 13.04- worth ever penny and I need a nap.
Consider your self lucky if a nap is all you need. :lol:

M5farm":27nctl3a said:

That's waaaayyy too rich for my wallet.

I try to spend $5.00 or less a day on lunch. Today I had a Greek Gyro wrap with water for $5.46 inc tax.

OX tail? Yuck!

Scheduled to eat with a group Sat.
I usually drink tea and never paid attention to the price.
We were talking about it and my wife told me how much a glass of tea was.
I think I like water just fine now.

Ryder":12y31zom said:

Depending on the time of day or the weather I usually get coffee or ice tea with a meal. I need all the caffeine I can get! 8)

John SD":5lpoywqo said:
Ryder":5lpoywqo said:

Depending on the time of day or the weather I usually get coffee or ice tea with a meal. I need all the caffeine I can get! 8)
Coffee after the meal with me. It's free if you buy lunch.

TennesseeTuxedo":5kmu0at5 said:
M5farm":5kmu0at5 said:

That's waaaayyy too rich for my wallet.

I try to spend $5.00 or less a day on lunch. Today I had a Greek Gyro wrap with water for $5.46 inc tax.

OX tail? Yuck!

Don't knock it till to try it. I was headed to the hotdog place where I get 2 for 3 dollars and just decided to stop there for lunch cause I saw one of my contractors trucks there. so Its an expense item today.

Ryder":394ubgyb said:
been doing that for a couple of years now. Tea in most places is so weak you can hardly taste it so I order water. Sometimes add a pkg of sweet and low and squeeze a little lemon in it. All "no charge"....for now anyway. Wouldn't be surprised is some places don't soon start charging for water.

TexasBred":3oef1gam said:
Ryder":3oef1gam said:
been doing that for a couple of years now. Tea in most places is so weak you can hardly taste it so I order water. Sometimes add a pkg of sweet and low and squeeze a little lemon in it. All "no charge"....for now anyway. Wouldn't be surprised is some places don't soon start charging for water.

I've been ordering water with extra lemon about the last 6 or 7 years and making my own lemonade at the table. Good stuff.

TexasBred":pvl1deoh said:
Ryder":pvl1deoh said:

I don't mind 2bucks for tea (with free refill) if I know its good cause I'm gonna drink no less than 4 glasses. and most places will give you a togo cup to take a glass home or on the road.

M5farm":3pd5rb8y said:
I don't mind 2bucks for tea (with free refill) if I know its good cause I'm gonna drink no less than 4 glasses. and most places will give you a togo cup to take a glass home or on the road.
I would be up all night peeing.....I have to stop at 4 beers already.

M5farm":3mc6bl5g said:
TexasBred":3mc6bl5g said:
Ryder":3mc6bl5g said:

The nicer places around here charge upwards of $2,75-$3.00 for cokes and tea.