Restaurant bill ridiculous

Help Support CattleToday:

Dating a woman who has worked tables will teach a man to tip more than the minimum. She will watch and judge, for sure. And you'll hear about it at some point.
The true cost of the in home cook can't be analyzed until the judge tells you what it was.

What a lot of people don't know is the server is actually only earning $2.13 an hour from the restaurant. The bulk of their wages are the tips.

At our monthly restaurant meetings my Dad would always remind the waitresses that they work for tips. And make the point perfectly clear, that the customer comes first not a cigarette. I always ask for a waitress and will wait to be seated just to have a female wait on us. It's hard to believe how mismanaged some of these restaurants are now a days.

When we go out to eat it's only to a ocuple of local places. We now the watresses, they've always treated us exceptionally well. Now I'll tip 2 bucks instead of my old standby 1.

TennesseeTuxedo":njm64fxt said:
dun":njm64fxt said:
When we go out to eat it's only to a ocuple of local places. We now the watresses, they've always treated us exceptionally well. Now I'll tip 2 bucks instead of my old standby 1.

You are all heart dun.
Inflation yah know!

dun":13mw5bc7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":13mw5bc7 said:
dun":13mw5bc7 said:

You are all heart dun.
Inflation yah know!

Yes, but slow down just a little Mr. Rockefeller.

john250":1l794m1p said:
Dating a woman who has worked tables will teach a man to tip more than the minimum. She will watch and judge, for sure. And you'll hear about it at some point.
The true cost of the in home cook can't be analyzed until the judge tells you what it was.
:nod: I pushed that one to the limits but I've finally figured it out and was lucky enough to do so before a judge told me. Now when she asks me politely if I'd like to go to dinner, I either offer to make dinner myself or we go to dinner... no matter what my day was like. I don't bytch about the bill and I'm a big tipper unless SHE complains about the service. If she asks if I want ice-cream after dinner I make sure I want some dam ice cream too.

dun":16iipm91 said:

Seriously Dun, You should spend more than $10 on her. I assume that's the bill from the tip you leave.

We eat out every Sunday at lunch and several times during the week. After teaching school for forty-two years and doing all my cooking and housework , plus rearing a daughter, I think I deserve it. Now we spend every morning except Sunday looking after cows. So it is hard to come in and prepare lunch.
We have doctor's appointments several times a month. I spend every afternoon with my mother who is in assisted living and take her to her doctors' appointments. I have very little time to cook anymore. I love to cook and have quite a collection of cookbooks.

When our daughter was little, we ate out very little. Only for special occasions or celebrations, and it was usually at Shoney's or McDonald's where she liked to eat.

I am thankful that we can eat out a lot now. My husband never complains about the cost. If you figure up how much groceries cost and the time that it takes to prepare a meal and clean up the kitchen, it may be cheaper to eat out especially when it's only two people.

The price of a steak is expensive, but what can you expect with cattle prices at all time highs.

Williamsv":7iyf5mi1 said:
We eat out every Sunday at lunch and several times during the week. After teaching school for forty-two years and doing all my cooking and housework , plus rearing a daughter, I think I deserve it. Now we spend every morning except Sunday looking after cows. So it is hard to come in and prepare lunch.
We have doctor's appointments several times a month. I spend every afternoon with my mother who is in assisted living and take her to her doctors' appointments. I have very little time to cook anymore. I love to cook and have quite a collection of cookbooks.

When our daughter was little, we ate out very little. Only for special occasions or celebrations, and it was usually at Shoney's or McDonald's where she liked to eat.

I am thankful that we can eat out a lot now. My husband never complains about the cost. If you figure up how much groceries cost and the time that it takes to prepare a meal and clean up the kitchen, it may be cheaper to eat out especially when it's only two people.

The price of a steak is expensive, but what can you expect with cattle prices at all time highs.

You mention eating out on Sundays. Does anyone on CT remember when there was blue laws that prevented any business opening and doing business on Sunday. I do and it was not bad. Forced the family to plan ahead for Sunday. Also created a lot of family time.

I don't agree with that Hurleyjd. I believe in the separation of church and state. You can't have it your way just because it's nice and good for the family. Some folks don't believe in God, and we shouldn't try and force religion down their throats. I don't want anyone telling me I can't worship any time I please. Or take my guns away.

Try to find a car dealership open on a Sunday. Still some of those laws around. I have no memory of every business being closed, but I do remember my mother being mad as a dickens that she couldn't buy pantyhose one Sunday.

Williamsv":2pmlgzx5 said:
If you figure up how much groceries cost and the time that it takes to prepare a meal and clean up the kitchen, it may be cheaper to eat out especially when it's only two people.

I know that is the current philosophy among a lot of people these days; it may be true at times, but I don't always buy it. I think it all depends on one's grocery shopping strategy, what you eat at home, and what you eat at restaurants. I know it certainly wouldn't cost me $78 dollars for a meal at home, at least not every time. Even fast food is ridiculous for what you actually get. It seems like every time I go through a drive through it tears a $20 and then some all to pieces. I went by Arby's once and ordered some roast beef sandwiches and had trouble breathing after I heard the price.

I can fry my own egg and such cheaper at home than I can swing by McDonalds in the morning. I can fix a big pot of vegetable soup cheaper than I can eat out, and a big pot will last more than one meal. I can buy several chicken legs for $4.00 at our grocery. Throw in a little corn on the cob and a box of stove top, and I've eaten cheaper again.

I guess I tend to eat simple at home if it's just a routine day

highgrit":2tqqyyul said:
I don't agree with that Hurleyjd. I believe in the separation of church and state. You can't have it your way just because it's nice and good for the family. Some folks don't believe in God, and we shouldn't try and force religion down their throats. I don't want anyone telling me I can't worship any time I please. Or take my guns away.
Read it again Leroy....nobody tried to tell you when you could worship....only that the restaurant woudn't be open when you got out of church on Sunday. We have services 7 days a week. The "supposed" separation of church and state was intended to limit gov't .....not churches.

TennesseeTuxedo":3jbo0ltj said:
Hero, please don't take this the wrong way but if there is anyone who needs to get out more it's you my friend.

I'm glad you made that great psychological diagnosis, please, tell me more. Let me guess, something about my menu seemed strange to you.

Please fill me in on some of the great places you get out to.

herofan":5y5zp0gd said:
TennesseeTuxedo":5y5zp0gd said:
Hero, please don't take this the wrong way but if there is anyone who needs to get out more it's you my friend.

I'm glad you made that great psychological diagnosis, please, tell me more. Let me guess, something about my menu seemed strange to you.

LOL! Nah, you're doing just fine all by yourself. ;-)

greybeard":r9vmel8p said:
To really decide whether it is cost effective to dine out these days, we need more information and data.
I'd like to see a cost analysis of the cost of a family's eating out 1 night/week compared to......... the more realistic TRUE upkeep cost of keeping a spouse/cook/head bottle washer/babysitter/gate opener/companion for the whole week.

(Personal "fringe benefits" don't count)

Might be less expensive to eat out every meal.........
:hide:

We eat out about once/week, usually at a Mexican food restaurant or a burger place. Avg bill for the 2 of us at the Mexican place is around $20+tip. ("plant your corn early next year" normally suffices to cover the gratuity)
My wife and I do the same thing, other than the tip.. she loves Mexican and they seem to have better waiters than any other place. For the both of us it usually runs about $24 including tip I usually leave about $4.00. It helps that we have started just ordering water, caffeine keeps both of us up.

Latest posts