Bill Gates owns the most farm land

Help Support CattleToday:

Ah, @Bez , I am with you. I have read several accounts of the "Fall of Venezuela...", differing accounts of what happened.... yet they all pretty much come down to the same conclusion. It really is a sad thing. 30 years and that country went from pretty darn wonderful , to one of the most mis managed, sad, and SCARED countries... and all broke but the chosen few.
There is a group of people that I am friends with, small homesteader types, that are all thinking along the same lines as far as being more self sufficient, growing and preserving their own food, having "backup" of things, being able to survive..... Many in this group though are in the 60+ age range..... because we had to earn our way the hard way.... make do or do without..... And I am lucky in alot of ways, because even though he does not practice the self sufficient lifestyle the way I do, at least my son is a worker and does not think that it is okay to waste things. He talks about his girlfriend, and how wasteful she is and that he says a few things now and then, but that if it is her money buying it, that it is not his place to criticize.... if she doesn't want to hear it, then he leaves it alone. But that he seldom gets an extra meal when they go out because her daughter is the pickiest eater, and wastes so much that he can practically eat what she does not.... and they do not believe in leftovers, and won't take home things from a restaurant, so he eats for free on the leftovers because he will not throw out food. Little things like that so many people just don't think of or consider. I usually always have enough left from a meal out, to have a second one at home.... Money has come too easy to many.... if nothing else in the handout of "aid packages" to the "poor oppressed people"...... I have said for many years that this country is going to have to get real hungry for some of these "you owe me" people start to realize that NOTHING is really free....and then there is going to be chaos from the have nots trying to steal from the ones that have because they have been far-sighted enough to look to the future and plan and provide for themselves and their family....

No, he is looking for a high return portfolio, and has deep pockets to play the long game.
Farm land mixes well with stock (shares) because there is not a strong positive correlation in returns.
He has averaged 11% per year over an extended period.
He wants a high return and the control of the farmland to stuff his agenda and the "fake meat" crap down our throats.... saying you get used to the different taste of it.... YUCK..... yes he can play the long game, and like so many of those crooks and moneyed people, he can use it to his advantage....It is a CONTROL game no matter what he is getting into....

Ah, @Bez , I am with you. I have read several accounts of the "Fall of Venezuela...", differing accounts of what happened.... yet they all pretty much come down to the same conclusion. It really is a sad thing. 30 years and that country went from pretty darn wonderful , to one of the most mis managed, sad, and SCARED countries... and all broke but the chosen few.
There is a group of people that I am friends with, small homesteader types, that are all thinking along the same lines as far as being more self sufficient, growing and preserving their own food, having "backup" of things, being able to survive..... Many in this group though are in the 60+ age range..... because we had to earn our way the hard way.... make do or do without..... And I am lucky in alot of ways, because even though he does not practice the self sufficient lifestyle the way I do, at least my son is a worker and does not think that it is okay to waste things. He talks about his girlfriend, and how wasteful she is and that he says a few things now and then, but that if it is her money buying it, that it is not his place to criticize.... if she doesn't want to hear it, then he leaves it alone. But that he seldom gets an extra meal when they go out because her daughter is the pickiest eater, and wastes so much that he can practically eat what she does not.... and they do not believe in leftovers, and won't take home things from a restaurant, so he eats for free on the leftovers because he will not throw out food. Little things like that so many people just don't think of or consider. I usually always have enough left from a meal out, to have a second one at home.... Money has come too easy to many.... if nothing else in the handout of "aid packages" to the "poor oppressed people"...... I have said for many years that this country is going to have to get real hungry for some of these "you owe me" people start to realize that NOTHING is really free....and then there is going to be chaos from the have nots trying to steal from the ones that have because they have been far-sighted enough to look to the future and plan and provide for themselves and their family....
Jan, your description of your son's situation tell me he needs to find another woman or he will be in the same fix for a LONG time. If he can't have a conversation about her habits now, he never will, and he'll be the passive slave!

I am not happy with the girlfriend.... but I do not have to live with her. She does work and pays all her own bills. He has kept all his farm business separate from her and she keeps all her stuff separate. At least she is not a financial "leech". There are things he talks over with me about finances that he says she does not know.... so you know, he is over 45, and not a kid.... so has to live his own life. Don't see what he sees in her in alot of ways, but she has a daughter, and son always wanted a family..... Her sister is a widow, with 2 kids, the little boy is coming 2, and son loves the interactions with the kids.... so if he can deal with it, it is his business. She likes me and so it is hard for me because I cannot be a b%#$h to her or lose my son's respect since she has never done anything directly nasty to me. He knows I am not thrilled with it, but that is all I can say. I do not have to live in that household. If it starts to affect the "bottom line" of our farming.... in a real detrimental way, then I have cause to say something.
They have discussed her habits, and those of her daughter's especially the eating part..... but as he said to me, it's not my kid, not my fight. I cannot tell her how to raise her daughter, and if she doesn't like my suggestions, then it is my place to just be quiet.

If she was a lazy person, a user financially, or an outright bi@*h, then I would get loud about it. He accepts her as she is, and so I have to. I do not live there and do not have to tolerate her on a daily basis.

Seems you and I are on the same page. Self sufficiency is important. I am seeing Canada fall and slide downhill rapidly. Those in the city think that "free" money is easy to take. But they do not seem to understand that there is no free money.
It comes from the workers wallets as the government has NO money. It takes from the working man and woman and gives to those who sit and wait for it to arrive.
My best.

The part that baffles me is there are plenty of those out there, including some on here, that continue to vote in these people that promote these handouts and poor fiscal management. They work for a living and still support this nonsense.

I am seeing Canada fall and slide downhill rapidly. Those in the city think that "free" money is easy to take. But they do not seem to understand that there is no free money.
Many moons ago I took an intro Economics class taught by a South American grad student. He laughed at his student's naive world views. He thought increasing the US debt was a wonderful thing, because the US could borrow as much money as it wanted at low rates. His homeland could not do this.

The question is how long this US currency status will last? I think somewhere in China commie tools are working on scenarios to replace the US dollar.

Last edited:
Something is definetly going on. Phillip dies, Liz is single again and Bill is getting a divorce! On top of that O'Biden shut down
the pipeline so Buffet could keep his tanker cars full of oil. Watch for "Plugs" to turn on Israel and the grapes will turn sour in a hurry.
Being me ain't easy folks!

Bill just transferred another 850 million to Melinda, bringing it up to 4 billion transferred and dropping his net worth to 125 billion. Oh the problems of the rich.
Without a prenup as long as she has been married to him, kids involved. He might as well split it down the middle and give her the better half.