Reoccurring Thief How to Catch him?

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusLimoX":285gr0l6 said:
Alice":285gr0l6 said:
I can remember growing up that my mother would not allow us to refer to law officers as cops. She said it carried a negative connotation and was insulting. We had to refer to them as policemen, law officers, officer's of the law...you get my drift.

To this day, when I use the word cop, I get this funny taste in my mouth...kinda like soap. So, I rarely use that word at all.

Alice

Personally never minded that term Alice , I always thought it was a long used reference to Constable On Patrol, from Chrisy's country, the land of Peel.

Chrisy, your hubby does a job that few could handle for too long. He is special, and the others that manage the creeps while in custody - well they are all everyday heroes. Most folks will never be able to comprehend this.

The word 'COP' means to seize, so the phrase 'It's a fair Cop Guv', when someone was arrested got twisted into the Police being called 'Coppers'. Then later into slang being shortened to 'Cop/Cops'..... there endeth the lesson into the word 'Cop'
Peelers...Bobby's....Cops.....Rozzers...Wooden Tops....Pigs all terms used here at one time or another...all thanks to our founder of the Police Force 'Sir Robert Peel'

My Hubby a hero he will get a big head (no bigger head) should I tell him, he has been in this line of business for 12 years now and just seems to take it in his stride. When we came over to meet his family last year, he found out his Father had done the same sort of thing in the Louisiana Federal State Prison. Strange how he never knew him but came to do a simular job.

chrisy":x2l9zwo6 said:
AngusLimoX":x2l9zwo6 said:
Alice":x2l9zwo6 said:
I can remember growing up that my mother would not allow us to refer to law officers as cops. She said it carried a negative connotation and was insulting. We had to refer to them as policemen, law officers, officer's of the law...you get my drift.

To this day, when I use the word cop, I get this funny taste in my mouth...kinda like soap. So, I rarely use that word at all.

Alice

Personally never minded that term Alice , I always thought it was a long used reference to Constable On Patrol, from Chrisy's country, the land of Peel.

Chrisy, your hubby does a job that few could handle for too long. He is special, and the others that manage the creeps while in custody - well they are all everyday heroes. Most folks will never be able to comprehend this.

The word 'COP' means to seize, so the phrase 'It's a fair Cop Guv', when someone was arrested got twisted into the Police being called 'Coppers'. Then later into slang being shortened to 'Cop/Cops'..... there endeth the lesson into the word 'Cop'
Peelers...Bobby's....Cops.....Rozzers...Wooden Tops....Pigs all terms used here at one time or another...all thanks to our founder of the Police Force 'Sir Robert Peel'

My Hubby a hero he will get a big head (no bigger head) should I tell him, he has been in this line of business for 12 years now and just seems to take it in his stride. When we came over to meet his family last year, he found out his Father had done the same sort of thing in the Louisiana Federal State Prison. Strange how he never knew him but came to do a simular job.

That's pretty much the way I remember mother explaning it to me, Chris. She especially hated the term copper. She said it was a deragatory term that was used a lot during prohibition by gangsters and those that frequented the speak easys...ya' know, those "kinds" of people. 8)

Alice

Latest posts