Adding Insult to Injury

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
What could be worse than a heifer getting her head stuck in a corral panel? How 'bout subsequently getting hunched by a steer? Poor Snickers had a bad morning! Fortunately, I have awesome neighbors that showed up within minutes of my frantic call and got her out with a boomer, stretching the pipes just enough to push her down and get her head out. Probably wouldn't work on heavy duty panels, but this is the portable corral I keep in the pasture with the weaners. She's a little traumatized, but otherwise fine. Never a dull moment!!! But not how I wanted to start my morning.IMG_20231031_083112955.jpgIMG_20231031_083222639.jpgIMG_20231031_083916788.jpgIMG_20231031_083953632.jpgIMG_20231031_084044588.jpg

Yes, never a dull moment. I wouldn't trade any of it (well, maybe some of it). We had yearling heifer get caught up in a hay ring last winter. Me and youngest son took a day off work to put her down and into the freezer.

(I showed your post and pictures to my darlin. She told me not to get any bright ideas)

What could be worse than a heifer getting her head stuck in a corral panel? How 'bout subsequently getting hunched by a steer? Poor Snickers had a bad morning! Fortunately, I have awesome neighbors that showed up within minutes of my frantic call and got her out with a boomer, stretching the pipes just enough to push her down and get her head out. Probably wouldn't work on heavy duty panels, but this is the portable corral I keep in the pasture with the weaners. She's a little traumatized, but otherwise fine. Never a dull moment!!! But not how I wanted to start my morning.View attachment 36534View attachment 36535View attachment 36536View attachment 36537View attachment 36538
If a bovine cannot tear it up they will crap on it.

What could be worse than a heifer getting her head stuck in a corral panel? How 'bout subsequently getting hunched by a steer? Poor Snickers had a bad morning! Fortunately, I have awesome neighbors that showed up within minutes of my frantic call and got her out with a boomer, stretching the pipes just enough to push her down and get her head out. Probably wouldn't work on heavy duty panels, but this is the portable corral I keep in the pasture with the weaners. She's a little traumatized, but otherwise fine. Never a dull moment!!! But not how I wanted to start my morning.View attachment 36534View attachment 36535View attachment 36536View attachment 36537View attachment 36538
I couldn't help but laugh at the second picture!!! Could've been worse. Could've been a BULL gettin' er dun!
Yes, never a dull moment. I wouldn't trade any of it (well, maybe some of it). We had yearling heifer get caught up in a hay ring last winter. Me and youngest son took a day off work to put her down and into the freezer.

(I showed your post and pictures to my darlin. She told me not to get any bright ideas)
Better tell her not to get her head stuck in a gate?? 🤣

Poor Snickers!
That's the new pet name for my wife. We're having fun with it, so far however, she said she's not going with me to check cows and game cameras anymore. Says she's afraid to get close to the gates.
I told her if she's not going to fulfill her duties as gate opener, then I'm not going to be her jar opener.

can't help but smile at the second pic. glad all turned out well foe you. any second thoughts on maybe should have kept that steer for a bull?

can't help but smile at the second pic. glad all turned out well foe you. any second thoughts on maybe should have kept that steer for a bull?
I have a lot of steers this year that still think they're bulls! Neighbor with adjoining fence is feeding out 5 steers and a lot of them meet up at the fence and bellow, blow snot, puff up and do the sideways bull stance. But no, only on a rare occasion do we keep one intact and that's specifically when someone approaches us prior to calving (or shortly thereafter) and wants to buy one.

I've seen a lot of memes depicting the 2nd pic, but never thought I'd be in a "holy cow, whip out my camera!" situation.:ROFLMAO:

Well, it was a steer. Maybe it was the wife that was getting bright idea of how to alter your attitude...
I've already been "steered". After six kids, her speed and agility, and ability to hide improved greatly. She sent me to the plumber for a re-route. Now she's easier to catch, sometimes.

That's the new pet name for my wife. We're having fun with it, so far however, she said she's not going with me to check cows and game cameras anymore. Says she's afraid to get close to the gates.
I told her if she's not going to fulfill her duties as gate opener, then I'm not going to be her jar opener.
Saw this factory sticker on a squeeze chute head gate once "Not for human use". Guess they have to cover all possibilities for liability reasons.

She must be a good chick to put up with your sense of humour Ouachita.

Ken

She must be a good chick to put up with your sense of humour Ouachita.

Ken
I know my humor is twisted, and I sometimes offend people. That is never my intention, but I do understand that collateral damage will occur.

I love life and don't have time for emotionally constipated people. Fortunate for me (and her), my wife and I get along great.

We are full of piss and vinegar, but also very serious folks when opportunity presents. Give me a chance shot.

I know my humor is twisted, and I sometimes offend people. That is never my intention, but I do understand that collateral damage will occur.

I love life and don't have time for emotionally constipated people. Fortunate for me (and her), my wife and I get along great.

We are full of piss and vinegar, but also very serious folks when opportunity presents. Give me a chance shot.
I like your sense of humor Ouachita. My sense of humor can be a bit warped sometime.

Ken

That should've been an easy one!
Don't know how long she had been under there. I couldn't pick the table up by myself and drag her out at the same time so a neighbor came over to help. Calf had a little trouble walking at first be after a few minutes she went on to find her mom. Stupid cattle.