Reoccurring Thief How to Catch him?

Help Support CattleToday:

you have to think about everything. how many are there, for instance? i know if i was going to steal something (and you never know nowadays since i've gone sorta crazy) i would make me a mask/hat out of some panty hose. that kindof distorts your face and i'm not sure if you could identify me on camera. in that case you would need a baseball bat so you could hit me the head and then kick me in the gut like *ugh! ugh!*. take that you stupid freakin cow!! um, i mean thief. dont forget the body slam..

Beefy":p3jqkivy said:
you have to think about everything. how many are there, for instance? i know if i was going to steal something (and you never know nowadays since i've gone sorta crazy) i would make me a mask/hat out of some panty hose. that kindof distorts your face and i'm not sure if you could identify me on camera. in that case you would need a baseball bat so you could hit me the head and then kick me in the gut like *ugh! ugh!*. take that you stupid freakin cow!! um, i mean thief.

Beefy, you need a rest...a loooooong rest....Cozumel....I recommend Cozumel...

Alice

Alice":2wtmrt9j said:
Beefy":2wtmrt9j said:
you have to think about everything. how many are there, for instance? i know if i was going to steal something (and you never know nowadays since i've gone sorta crazy) i would make me a mask/hat out of some panty hose. that kindof distorts your face and i'm not sure if you could identify me on camera. in that case you would need a baseball bat so you could hit me the head and then kick me in the gut like *ugh! ugh!*. take that you stupid freakin cow!! um, i mean thief.

Beefy, you need a rest...a loooooong rest....Cozumel....I recommend Cozumel...

Alice

Bad choice, Alice. Cozumel(sp?) requires air travel, and who knows how Beefy will respond to that in his current agitated state? I would suggest repeated deep breaths, accompanied by some sort of tranquilizer/mood stabilizer while laying in a hammock overlooking the beautiful pond/lake on his property. Of course, it goes without saying that all cattle should strictly be kept out of sight/hearing. ;-) Once his overwrought nerves have been soothed a bit, he might be able to handle the plane ride to Cozumel(sp?) for a long vacation.

msscamp":lo5k5y2s said:

gaah.gif

Beefy if you are for hire, I would pay you to take care of the situation, in your present mood I might even feel a little sorry for the thiefs :lol:

Beefy":r48kpwhw said:
msscamp":r48kpwhw said:

gaah.gif

Oops - sorry Beefy. :( Remember - deep breaths! Please make sure all of your windows are closed in case the offending creatures should take to vocaliziing. ;-) I would really hate for you to experience further meltdown.

aplusmnt":1pipvpcu said:
Lammie":1pipvpcu said:
cattlemom":1pipvpcu said:
aplus,

A guy near us had someone who kept breaking into his shed. He rigged some kind of contraption up on the door that snapped and broke the theif's finger. When he started screaming it woke the guy up and he was able to catch the theif - the kicker is it was his brother in law....

In another case nearby a cattleman kept losing baby calves from his field. He set up camp one night in an old shed on his place. He alerted the theives when they showed up and they went for the gun in their gun rack. He shot first and killed the guy with a shotgun. The jury acquitted him b/c he was trying to protect his means to make a living.

I am suprised that something like that would even come to trial. Especially if he thought his own life was in danger.

Aplus, what are the laws in Kansas about the means you can take to protect your property? Just curious. I would be madder than be nice if I were you. :mad: I hate a thief!

Not really sure about the laws. I just always figured you better make sure they are in your house before you shoot but not really sure how liberal they are in property protection. I am going to start looking it up.

Talk to the local law enforcement about it. Give them a "hypothetical" or two and see what they say, off record, of course. It helps if you know one of those guys personally. I know it has gotten me out of a pickle or two. I bet that there are all kinds of folks getting stolen from around you. Is meth bad around your area? I guess it is everywhere. Even Kansas!

Lammie":p3dlx7w0 said:
aplusmnt":p3dlx7w0 said:
Lammie":p3dlx7w0 said:
cattlemom":p3dlx7w0 said:
aplus,

A guy near us had someone who kept breaking into his shed. He rigged some kind of contraption up on the door that snapped and broke the theif's finger. When he started screaming it woke the guy up and he was able to catch the theif - the kicker is it was his brother in law....

In another case nearby a cattleman kept losing baby calves from his field. He set up camp one night in an old shed on his place. He alerted the theives when they showed up and they went for the gun in their gun rack. He shot first and killed the guy with a shotgun. The jury acquitted him b/c he was trying to protect his means to make a living.

I am suprised that something like that would even come to trial. Especially if he thought his own life was in danger.

Aplus, what are the laws in Kansas about the means you can take to protect your property? Just curious. I would be madder than be nice if I were you. :mad: I hate a thief!

Not really sure about the laws. I just always figured you better make sure they are in your house before you shoot but not really sure how liberal they are in property protection. I am going to start looking it up.

Talk to the local law enforcement about it. Give them a "hypothetical" or two and see what they say, off record, of course. It helps if you know one of those guys personally. I know it has gotten me out of a pickle or two. I bet that there are all kinds of folks getting stolen from around you. Is meth bad around your area? I guess it is everywhere. Even Kansas!

Yea we are in a pretty bad meth county, and one with a high unemployment rate and we are just a few miles from one of the worse counties in Missouri for meth. We get a lot of visiting Missouri thieves also.

aplusmnt":2uq41tms said:
Some good ideas! I know I should not be putting stuff over there, and one day I will just use it for hay, hopefully no one will steal that.

No they won't steal hay as it would be to much work. The folks you speak of will just burn it down.

Do the camera thing. Once you piss them off you will need it even more.

Whatever you do, be careful. A cornered thief can turn dangerous. Plus, find out the laws on such things in your area. As we all know, sometimes the law gives the criminal more rights than the victim.

After further reflection, put a small sign at the end of the road that says something about the property being monitored by surveillance devices. Put a dummy camera housing on a post near by in plain view with a lock on it. Put another at the barn. They will get the picture as they are usually paranoid of going back to jail.

Put up a real trail camera if you want.

$200 in loses today with no one caught my cost you less in the future.

Wewild":2rvxtgs3 said:
After further reflection, put a small sign at the end of the road that says something about the property being monitored by surveillance devices. Put a dummy camera housing on a post near by in plain view with a lock on it. Put another at the barn. They will get the picture as they are usually paranoid of going back to jail.

Put up a real trail camera if you want.

$200 in loses today with no one caught my cost you less in the future.

this is probably the best advice I've seen yet!

some of the other things would make them mad and you don't want to make them mad enough that they feel they have to get even

as Bez says - a box of matches is a real problem if you've ticked someone off.... :mad:

be careful if you tick them off and they know your house is down the lane, they may come and hurt one of the kids, as in a drive by, take care and don't do anything stupid on the spur of the moment, we want to talk to you not about you. once again Take care...Chris.

chrisy":2ugbcfr5 said:
they may come and hurt one of the kids, as in a drive by, take care and don't do anything stupid on the spur of the moment, we want to talk to you not about you. once again Take care...Chris.

Drive by's usually originate in urban areas. I'm sure he appreciates your concern but I'm sure a drive by shooting hadn't entered his mind.

If it has it is much different from here. If it happened here my previous advice would be thrown out the window.

Sometimes I wish it was just open season on meth heads. :mad: It is a terrible plague on this nation. Families, respectable families, too, being torn apart. It is a real shame.

Lammie":ybc14ajx said:
Sometimes I wish it was just open season on meth heads. :mad: It is a terrible plague on this nation. Families, respectable families, too, being torn apart. It is a real shame.

Here in this county, the main reason CPS removes children from their homes is because of meth. It is a scourge.

Alice

Alice":22zwdz3g said:
Here in this county, the main reason CPS removes children from their homes is because of meth. It is a scourge.

Alice

I think over here we helped invent the drug resistant stafff infections that are going on and just will just get increasingly worse.

I do understand all the concern, because today you never know the stupidity of people. But I will do my best to make sure they understand it is in their best interest to stay away from my home in the future ;-)

aplusmnt":28vdf0sf said:
But I will do my best to make sure they understand it is in their best interest to stay away from my home in the future ;-)

I hope it works. It is kinda sad that we have to do something that is foreign to us.

here in kansas you cant shoot someone that is on your property like you can down in kansas. must be all the cops here in kansas we had our barn and alot of the shop cleaned out when we were at the ohio expo. and we had video cameras that you could see the persons face. the cops had the fingerprints that matched a guys who lived about 10 miles away. but no they didnt have enough evidence to follow through on it. good luck with the pigs(cops)

Latest posts