Arrest him

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
On our way home from town there was 2 state police cars blocking off old hwy 30. Another stater came up behind us. I asked what was up. He said they had a report of a guy on the train with an AR15. We turned around and went back to where we could get on I-84. When we went by this site on the freeway I counted 9 cop cars. Turned out there was a man riding an empty freight car. He had a camera with telephoto lens not a gun. Someone driving on the freeway about 15 miles southeast of where the train finally stopped called in to report a man with a gun. The train rider was arrested and charged with second degree trespass.

Could you imagine what was going through that poor b*stard's mind when he was mobbed by police thinking he had a rifle?
I was thinking both sides of it. Where they stopped the train it is an open hay field probably 200 yards from the road down to the train tracks. The cops thinking this guy has a rifle and we have all the cover that 12 inch tall alfalfa provides. And the guy thinking why are all these cops coming after me with guns drawn.
It is right by Matt's house. Before I found out what happened I thought: A. That Matt final slipped off the edge. Not that far off if you know Matt. B. Matt was out in the field shooting gophers and someone off the freeway called him in as a terrorist. C. Matt was in the house taking a nap. Wakes up to cops every where with guns drawn. That could start a gun battle of its own.

I just talked to the neighbor. His wife use to be one of the 991 operators here. He says the phone reports from drivers on the freeway are constant. "I saw someone wearing tall boots carrying a rifle" Are you sure it wasn't someone wearing irrigation boots carrying a shovel? There is a big fire with flame and smoke everywhere. You sure it isn't a rancher burning weeds in an irrigation ditch? The freeway here is a constant flow of out of state plates. City people from all over the country headed to Portland or Seattle to visit their friends and family

I just talked to the neighbor. His wife use to be one of the 991 operators here. He says the phone reports from drivers on the freeway are constant. "I saw someone wearing tall boots carrying a rifle" Are you sure it wasn't someone wearing irrigation boots carrying a shovel? There is a big fire with flame and smoke everywhere. You sure it isn't a rancher burning weeds in an irrigation ditch? The freeway here is a constant flow of out of state plates. City people from all over the country headed to Portland or Seattle to visit their friends and family
Is it illegal to carry a long gun in public in Oregon?

Oregon Open Carry: Laws, Requirements, Application & Online Training

You can open carry in Oregon if you are at least eighteen years old or more without having a felony record and a state or federal prohibition to possess firearms. Open Carry Laws In Oregon? Oregon is a permissive open carry state, and you do not need a state license to carry a firearm openly.

The Dems are busy trying to whittle away at gun rights with measure 114 but it will go all the way to the Supreme Court.

9 cop cars there on a Wednesday afternoon. That is pretty much every cop in the county on duty. There is only 8 sheriff deputies total. I have been told and they are very aware that us ranchers are their back up. In a county that is bigger than the state of Delaware it is pretty easy to have the only other deputy to be well over an hour away.

I was thinking both sides of it. Where they stopped the train it is an open hay field probably 200 yards from the road down to the train tracks. The cops thinking this guy has a rifle and we have all the cover that 12 inch tall alfalfa provides. And the guy thinking why are all these cops coming after me with guns drawn.
It is right by Matt's house. Before I found out what happened I thought: A. That Matt final slipped off the edge. Not that far off if you know Matt. B. Matt was out in the field shooting gophers and someone off the freeway called him in as a terrorist. C. Matt was in the house taking a nap. Wakes up to cops every where with guns drawn. That could start a gun battle of its own.
Wonder what size magazine he had in that camera????

Latest posts