Citizens arrest

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot. The sheriff of Robertson County told me when the senior lady backed her car into my parked truck, that because Kentucky is a no-fault state, the officers "do not make a determination of fault " on a motor vehicle accident report. Furthermore, the right to sue for damages is forfeited. That does not mean you cannot receive a settlement from his insurance. I received an award from her insurance company. I don't understand the no-fault law. In my case, it was contradictory to what the sheriff said.

greybeard":1bh3pm5e said:
Why no 'Leaving the scene of an accident" and "failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle" ?

I'm not sure. I've been expecting a call from the Commonwealth Attorney office (DA in most states I'd guess). They haven't called yet.

Bigfoot":1pm7w7ru said:
greybeard":1pm7w7ru said:
Why no 'Leaving the scene of an accident" and "failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle" ?

I'm not sure. I've been expecting a call from the Commonwealth Attorney office (DA in most states I'd guess). They haven't called yet.

If it is like here you will be waiting a long time on that call.

Caustic Burno":2z4loxix said:
Bigfoot":2z4loxix said:
greybeard":2z4loxix said:

I normally wouldn't follow the jail web site this closely, but there has been 29 people arrested since midnight. Sounds like they're busy today.

Bigfoot":1awiknzp said:
Caustic Burno":1awiknzp said:
Bigfoot":1awiknzp said:

I normally wouldn't follow the jail web site this closely, but there has been 29 people arrested since midnight. Sounds like they're busy today.

most of them are prolly just smoking hay

Son of Butch":80grjn4k said:
Bigfoot":80grjn4k said:
I found out a little while ago, he does have insurance... but no license. Not sure how that will play out.
Driving with no license combined with property damage is possibly why he was taken into custody.
One or the other usually wouldn't do it.

I don't know about Kentucky, but in most places leaving the scene of an accident (hit-and-run) is frowned on too.

greybeard":2wuhom3s said:
Needs proof.... leaving scene of what accident?
Minor property damage only needs to be reported in a reasonable time... not immediately.

Story could be... other car crossed over and side swiped me. I pulled over 1/2 mile down the road, that car was
out of sight and I assumed my scratches might buff out, so continued on my way planning to report it when I arrived
at work/destination with better lighting to asses any damage.

Then 5 miles down the road an individual with apparent road rage driving a pick up truck I've never seen before
came from a side road driving like a bat out he// and started chasing me. I then waited in my car for sheriff to arrive
to sort it all out.

And the dog ate my license renewal forms. :cry2:

Son of Butch":1zyaimxn said:
greybeard":1zyaimxn said:
Minor property damage only needs to be reported in a reasonable time... not immediately.

Story could be... other car crossed over and side swiped me. I pulled over 1/2 mile down the road, that car was
out of sight and I assumed my scratches might buff out, so continued on my way planning to report it when I arrived

Then 5 miles down the road an individual with apparent road rage driving a pick up truck I've never seen before
came from a side road driving like a bat out he// and started chasing me. I then waited in my car for sheriff to arrive
to sort it all out.

:clap:

Son of Butch":2hs996p3 said:
greybeard":2hs996p3 said:

to sort it all out.

An asteroid may come barreling out of the Kuiper Belt and crash right thru my roof tonight at mach 10, instantly vaporizing myself and wife...might...it could happen..sure.

When the police did arrive, I answered all questions clearly and concisely. I was calm and well spoken. Totally in control of my emotions. The perp, not so much. When he ran our names for priors, mine came back clean as a whistle. The other gentlemans appeared to fill the screen twice. I was allowed to go finish feeding cows/horses. He got chauffeured to the iron bar bed and breakfast.

The way the ball bounces, he will either A. Not show up for a court date. B. Have all charges dropped. C. Plead guilty to something considerably less than what he is charged with now.

Still not sure, that he wasn't drunk. It not, then he's one of those guys that has drank himself stupid. He had no control of the vehicle. As attested to by crashing in to my wife and daughter, and witnessed by me. Just a matter of time, until he is the direct cause of tragedy, at which point it will be too late.

I'm also glad, he chose to sit in his vehicle. In my experience, a loser has nothing to lose. If we had put our hands on each other, or the hog leg had to be drawn, this situation would be totally different. Thankfully, the situation defused itself.

Bigfoot":2a402evp said:
When the police did arrive, I answered all questions clearly and concisely. I was calm and well spoken. Totally in control of my emotions. The perp, not so much. When he ran our names for priors, mine came back clean as a whistle. The other gentlemans appeared to fill the screen twice. I was allowed to go finish feeding cows/horses. He got chauffeured to the iron bar bed and breakfast.

The way the ball bounces, he will either A. Not show up for a court date. B. Have all charges dropped. C. Plead guilty to something considerably less than what he is charged with now.

Still not sure, that he wasn't drunk. It not, then he's one of those guys that has drank himself stupid. He had no control of the vehicle. As attested to by crashing in to my wife and daughter, and witnessed by me. Just a matter of time, until he is the direct cause of tragedy, at which point it will be too late.

I'm also glad, he chose to sit in his vehicle. In my experience, a loser has nothing to lose. If we had put our hands on each other, or the hog leg had to be drawn, this situation would be totally different. Thankfully, the situation defused itself.

That right there was a thought I had. I spent a minute thinking about what I would have done. I decided, I probably would not try to run him down unless the stakes were higher. If he had hurt someone close to me, then I would pursue him and I would want to be armed.

Bright Raven":2p3davqq said:
Bigfoot":2p3davqq said:

That right there was a thought I had. I spent a minute thinking about what I would have done. I decided, I probably would not try to run him down unless the stakes were higher. If he had hurt someone close to me, then I would pursue him and I would want to be armed.

Yes, after having the whole day to think about it, a couple of thousand dollars in property damage did not constitute the chance I took----------I'm 100% sincere, when I say, that I started out just trying to keep a visual on him, until the actual law could make a stop. I foolishly decided to bring a stop to it myself.

I strongly suggest nobody try anything like this. It was a 100 to 1 shot, that something bad didn't go wrong. How foolish I would feel tonight, if he or I had gotten injured. At my age, and experience, I should have known better.

Bigfoot":173c9jc1 said:
Bright Raven":173c9jc1 said:
Bigfoot":173c9jc1 said:

Yes, after having the whole day to think about it, a couple of thousand dollars in property damage did not constitute the chance I took----------I'm 100% sincere, when I say, that I started out just trying to keep a visual on him, until the actual law could make a stop. I foolishly decided to bring a stop to it myself.

I strongly suggest nobody try anything like this. It was a 100 to 1 shot, that something bad didn't go wrong. How foolish I would feel tonight, if he or I had gotten injured. At my age, and experience, I should have known better.

Bigfoot next time he may hit your family head on, or someone else's family. You probably saved someone's life yesterday, if everyone would do this our families would be safer on the streets. This guy needs a bullet behind the ear, it's only a matter of time before he kills his self, someone or someone kills him.

Bigfoot":3n1kfwtt said:
I found out a little while ago, he does have insurance (with one of those no agent places that advertises on TV), but no license. Not sure how that will play out.

Settled in to a feeling of just glad nobody was injured. Could have easily been a head on collision.

I was on the phone, with the EOC for part of the journey. I mostly just wanted to stay close, and keep visual contact until an officer could come. He literally almost hit every car we met. I decided I had to put a stop to it.

I had a guy take out 9 panels of fence last summer that had insurance, but no license. His insurance did pay for the damages. YMMV.

True Grit Farms":27wybvsb said:
Bigfoot":27wybvsb said:
Bright Raven":27wybvsb said:

Bigfoot next time he may hit your family head on, or someone else's family. You probably saved someone's life yesterday, if everyone would do this our families would be safer on the streets. This guy needs a bullet behind the ear, it's only a matter of time before he kills his self, someone or someone kills him.

My dad said the same thing.

hillbilly beef man":22sseac6 said:
Bigfoot":22sseac6 said:
I found out a little while ago, he does have insurance (with one of those no agent places that advertises on TV), but no license. Not sure how that will play out.

Settled in to a feeling of just glad nobody was injured. Could have easily been a head on collision.

I was on the phone, with the EOC for part of the journey. I mostly just wanted to stay close, and keep visual contact until an officer could come. He literally almost hit every car we met. I decided I had to put a stop to it.

I had a guy take out 9 panels of fence last summer that had insurance, but no license. His insurance did pay for the damages. YMMV.

Stuff like this, is why our insurance is so high.

Latest posts