REG ANGUS BULL X BEEFMASTER HEIFERS

Help Support CattleToday:

alot of brangus cows have big floppy navals.the beefmaster will also tighten that up as well.

bigbull338":n85jh6ff said:
alot of brangus cows have big floppy navals.the beefmaster will also tighten that up as well.
I don't know about that. A Brahman composite tighten up another Brahman composite's leather?

if they are bred to tighten them up yes.the beefmaster breeders have worked to tighten up the sheaths.so stepped on tallywhackers are less of a problem.

Go to the bull pic page that Sky started and look at my bull he is pretty tight, or if you want to see really tight go look at Casey Beefmaster. In my earlier post I threw out some breeders who have tighter cattle who you could use even with a brangus.

I would love to post a picture of my beefmaster angus calf born yesterday and my six month old calves that I will be selling in a few weeks. I have not learned how to post yet. Maybe I can figure it out one day. I use my iPad to take pictures. I will get the camera out and see what I can do. Thanks for your interest.

Williamsv":3dmsw3ty said:
I would love to post a picture of my beefmaster angus calf born yesterday and my six month old calves that I will be selling in a few weeks. I have not learned how to post yet. Maybe I can figure it out one day. I use my iPad to take pictures. I will get the camera out and see what I can do. Thanks for your interest.
The secret is to get it loaded on photobucket or anywhere on the interweb where you can get the url. Then just hit that Img button on the post function of CT and put the url between the two pic url[img].

I'd sure like to see it..

HDRider":3b9sdl5p said:
I expect this is what you mean by too much leather.. And this is a purebred Beefmaster show calf.

103-L.jpg
I'll take leather like that any day... She's got the meat to go with it.. She not a problem ...

It's all about what you personally like and want to see on your cattle.
I love Brahmans, so extra leather would not bother me a bit unless my buyers frowned upon it.
I try to keep my Brangus tighter skinned than many of you in (say) Texas, because our show judges don't like it and we will get docked for it at the sales here.

If it was not for that, I wouldn't care. I personally think it makes them purdier! :D

A bull buyer contacted my friend, (a fellow breeder) awhile back. He wanted an Ultra black bull. My friend told him that all he had was a Brangus bull for sale right now. The buyer "wanted a discount for it being a Brangus." He said, "Brangus should be cheaper just because they are Brangus." :mad:
Unfortunately buyers here want the good traits that Brahman brings to the table, but not "the look." :roll:

ALACOWMAN":24p5m7ga said:
HDRider":24p5m7ga said:
I expect this is what you mean by too much leather.. And this is a purebred Beefmaster show calf.

103-L.jpg
I'll take leather like that any day... She's got the meat to go with it.. She not a problem ...
This heifer has probably had a lot of feed put in front of her. You can darn near put "meat" on anything for a price.

branguscowgirl":38x4kp3k said:
ALACOWMAN":38x4kp3k said:
HDRider":38x4kp3k said:

103-L.jpg
This heifer has probably had a lot of feed put in front of her. You can darn near put "meat" on anything for a price.
you can put fat on darn near anything..you start taking leather off beefmaster you begin to take away their strong suits ...that loose hide is great for cooling...and that halter is snug...

shes loose..never fill that out. its beyond what the beefmaster breed id about. it works good here in the heat but it really isn't a trait we want in the breed..its too much

RPanguscattle":d7d5yq7u said:
Currently have a Reg Angus bull on about 25 head of angus/brangus cows. Interested in purchasing some young beefmaster heifers to breed to angus bull? wanting some more frame and meat on my cows, What is everyone's opinion? Or should I do vise versa buy BEEFMASTER bull and breed to angus cows? all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Y'all, Rolly

Which cow fits your area better? IMO you need to fit cows to environment first.
Either way you do it, it's a great cross.

Latest posts