Red Brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
Posted this a while back still looking. My brother in law interested in looking for red brangus. Anybody know some located couple hrs radius of TN AL line?

midtncattle":bq45bxim said:
Posted this a while back still looking. My brother in law interested in looking for red brangus. Anybody know some located couple hrs radius of TN AL line?
There is a reason you are still looking. Red Brangus are hard to find, there just ain't a lot of em out there and the ones I have seen ain't been the best quality around here.

There is a Red Brangus Breeders Association. You might go to their website and see if they show a list of breeders.

Isomade":1k5d615v said:
midtncattle":1k5d615v said:
There is a reason you are still looking. Red Brangus are hard to find, there just ain't a lot of em out there and the ones I have seen ain't been the best quality around here.

Why do you think the quality hasn't reached that of the blacks? I would guess the red color has limited the number of breeders trying to develop high quality genes. Most people focusing on black cattle. I sure would like to get a few Reds that were quality of blacks I have seen.

We looked on associations webpage and the members within a reasonable distance to us didn't have females available at this time.

We are in no hurry, just playing around.

There is a Brangus breeder in Fairmount GA. Salacoa farms or something like that. Their sale was covered on this website a couople of months ago. I don't know about their colors but it might be a place to look.

thendrix":ds7yreo8 said:
There is a Brangus breeder in Fairmount GA. Salacoa farms or something like that. Their sale was covered on this website a couople of months ago. I don't know about their colors but it might be a place to look.
black,,, and if you dont market them right they"ll just run em through as another brahman cross,, which is essentially what they are.. but you want be rewarded for it....

25 years ago there was some good ones in SW Ar, NW La and E Tx. Haven't seen any in the last few years I've been looking. Back then I wanted to run char bulls on RB mamas and have a RB bull to make replacements. Could just buy stock from BRG and JDH and make your own.

jedstivers":j30ok4iv said:
25 years ago there was some good ones in SW Ar, NW La and E Tx. Haven't seen any in the last few years I've been looking. Back then I wanted to run char bulls on RB mamas and have a RB bull to make replacements. Could just buy stock from BRG and JDH and make your own.

Char bull on RB is what we were thinking. That growing your would take a while. What percent brimmer are most red brangus?

ET makes since. Hadn't thought much about that, breed red angus cow et to a 50/50 brimmer red angus bull. Then just wait 14 months till calf, if heifer, is ready to breed. No wonder not many red brangus!

jedstivers":3etr7q4z said:
ALACOWMAN":3etr7q4z said:
just like black, 3/8 brahman
Can't they be a mix up 3/8, 5/8? Or do they have to be exact?
well purebred of both is 3/8 -5/8.... you can mix em as you want more brahman in the deep south less upper.... where he's at purebred would work perfect wouldnt want any more brahman in em than that

jedstivers":1alg8j0m said:
ALACOWMAN":1alg8j0m said:
just like black, 3/8 brahman
Can't they be a mix up 3/8, 5/8? Or do they have to be exact?
3/8 brahman, 5/8 angus....a bit more angus and you have an "ultrablack"....anymore brahman and you just have a boney a$$ mean bytch.

Latest posts