Red Brangus x Char and Red Angus x Charbray.

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Woke up before daylight this morning, and instead of getting the ole lady up to fix breakfast, I slipped out and went to the Waffle House. When I got in, there was Dan, the guy I got those Brown/Swiss/Braunveih recip cows from. He told me Bo had made him a hell of an offer for Frank, $8k. He said "Man,.I wish you would buy him though. Pay me $4k or whatever you think he is worth, and I will even take payments." I said I want him as bad as I have any horse, but he will be better off and reach his potential with Bo.

So I said tell me about those red Brangus x Chars Clay ( @Sthrncwboy ) was telling me you had up in Trenton. He said hell I am riding up there when I get done, just ride with me, I plan on being back at 10 or so. On the way up he showed me pics and stats on the red angus and red brangus bulls he used. DAMN!

Every year they do not necessarily register all the calves they have. Dan said not that there is anything wrong with them, but often they may breed one of their most expensive bulls to some of their top donor cows, Or AI one of their top donor cows to several of their bulls, etc. Once the calves are born, they may pick out the best heifer or best bull calf to register, and sell the rest of them as commercial Char cattle. They sell heifers open or bred, and Dan will AI them if you want them bred, to whatever bull you want. These are all private sales, but the customers know they are getting what would be a 5 figure cow if registered , for $3k . Same with a bull..you get one for $5k that would be high 5 figures if he was registered. They have about 30 Char cows up there that they didn't sell as heifers that he custom breeds for you for replacement heifers. He has 25 Charbray cows that belong to him personally that he got on a trade for 2 Highbrow colts in 2019. He has bred them the last 2 years to that old school Fleckvieh bull he has in the tank.

This year the 2yr old Char heifers that are calving now were bred to that red Angus bull. They are sold and he will deliver them once he gets them bred again, to the red Brangus, as a 3 in 1 deal. The Char cows are bred to that Red Brangus for replacement heifers. They have about 30 of these cows and the client wanted 50, so Dan just bred his Charbrays to a red Angus, and accomplished the same thing. The only difference I could see this morning, at a week or so old, and 3 new ones this morning, was a slight difference in color. They are a light orange..or at least I call them orange...and the Charbray calves may be a tad darker. all of them NICE calves that is gonna make someone some damned good brood cows. I met a man last year that was breeding his Charolais to Red Angus..some of the nicest cows I had seen. He said he was about to breed the CHar cows to a Hereford for a fellow for this year;s fall calves. 2 of his own Charbray didn't have calves and he said would calve 1st of February. One is bred to the red Brangus and one to a Fleckveih.

Woke up before daylight this morning, and instead of getting the ole lady up to fix breakfast, I slipped out and went to the Waffle House. When I got in, there was Dan, the guy I got those Brown/Swiss/Braunveih recip cows from. He told me Bo had made him a hell of an offer for Frank, $8k. He said "Man,.I wish you would buy him though. Pay me $4k or whatever you think he is worth, and I will even take payments." I said I want him as bad as I have any horse, but he will be better off and reach his potential with Bo.

So I said tell me about those red Brangus x Chars Clay ( @Sthrncwboy ) was telling me you had up in Trenton. He said hell I am riding up there when I get done, just ride with me, I plan on being back at 10 or so. On the way up he showed me pics and stats on the red angus and red brangus bulls he used. DAMN!

Every year they do not necessarily register all the calves they have. Dan said not that there is anything wrong with them, but often they may breed one of their most expensive bulls to some of their top donor cows, Or AI one of their top donor cows to several of their bulls, etc. Once the calves are born, they may pick out the best heifer or best bull calf to register, and sell the rest of them as commercial Char cattle. They sell heifers open or bred, and Dan will AI them if you want them bred, to whatever bull you want. These are all private sales, but the customers know they are getting what would be a 5 figure cow if registered , for $3k . Same with a bull..you get one for $5k that would be high 5 figures if he was registered. They have about 30 Char cows up there that they didn't sell as heifers that he custom breeds for you for replacement heifers. He has 25 Charbray cows that belong to him personally that he got on a trade for 2 Highbrow colts in 2019. He has bred them the last 2 years to that old school Fleckvieh bull he has in the tank.

This year the 2yr old Char heifers that are calving now were bred to that red Angus bull. They are sold and he will deliver them once he gets them bred again, to the red Brangus, as a 3 in 1 deal. The Char cows are bred to that Red Brangus for replacement heifers. They have about 30 of these cows and the client wanted 50, so Dan just bred his Charbrays to a red Angus, and accomplished the same thing. The only difference I could see this morning, at a week or so old, and 3 new ones this morning, was a slight difference in color. They are a light orange..or at least I call them orange...and the Charbray calves may be a tad darker. all of them NICE calves that is gonna make someone some damned good brood cows. I met a man last year that was breeding his Charolais to Red Angus..some of the nicest cows I had seen. He said he was about to breed the CHar cows to a Hereford for a fellow for this year;s fall calves. 2 of his own Charbray didn't have calves and he said would calve 1st of February. One is bred to the red Brangus and one to a Fleckveih.
I told ya! Best set of red cattle I have seen in forever. Then again, considering the Rollins Charolais dams and those 2 bulls, how could they not be? Did he say anything about selling those Charbray to, or custom breeding them to Chianina for Mr. Smith? When I saw them, I said Dan, didn't you help take those Brown Swiss you sold Warren down to Cordele? He said in that slow Texas drawl he has: "Yep" and Dan, did he tell you why Smith bought those 80 brahmas and what his plans were, and did you see the Chianina/Brahma heifer Warren sold him? Dan: "yep" Well Dan, did you tell them about these Charbray? He sat there for a minute and said:' Well no, I didn't think about it." Did you mention it to him?

I am going to help him haul those fall '21 heifers up there this week, the ones he just bred to polled Herefords. There are about 50 he said, and gonna use his trailer and the farm trailer. And gonna help him AI those Char 1st calf heifers bred to the Red Angus to the buyer, and haul the pairs to the buyer I assume 1st of April. About July 4th weekend I am gonna help him and a couple of his amigos sort the Charbray and Char calves and haul them to the buyer. And Saturday he wants me to come up there and help him tag and give shots to ALL of those calves. I asked him if he had a buyer for the red Brangus calf and the Flechveih calf two of his Charbray were gonna have soon. He said : "Nope. Was gonna sell them but now they ain't for sale, unless you want to sell them" I said huh, whacha talkin' 'bout, Willis? He said "By the time we get done delivering those calves in July, it will be about time to wean those two, and I figured I'd just let you take them to your place"!

I saw Sid at sorting practice today and she told me about Frank. She was kinda sad you didn't keep him, too. Call me tomorrow, man, or FB message me. I don't see me getting on here very much. There used to be a lot of good info on here going back years and even last year. But too many trolls on here that don't know cattle nor do they wanna learn anything, just stir the pot. The ones that are a wealth of information on here just don't say much anymore...because they don't want to be attacked, mocked ridiculed etc. Or just exchange information with each other on the PM's. As a guest I didn't know about them, but once I joined, I get all kinds of messages, warning me about this or that idiot, and sharing actual wisdom about a lot of topics. some even ask advice or opinions from me!! LOL

I told ya! Best set of red cattle I have seen in forever. Then again, considering the Rollins Charolais dams and those 2 bulls, how could they not be? Did he say anything about selling those Charbray to, or custom breeding them to Chianina for Mr. Smith? When I saw them, I said Dan, didn't you help take those Brown Swiss you sold Warren down to Cordele? He said in that slow Texas drawl he has: "Yep" and Dan, did he tell you why Smith bought those 80 brahmas and what his plans were, and did you see the Chianina/Brahma heifer Warren sold him? Dan: "yep" Well Dan, did you tell them about these Charbray? He sat there for a minute and said:' Well no, I didn't think about it." Did you mention it to him?

I am going to help him haul those fall '21 heifers up there this week, the ones he just bred to polled Herefords. There are about 50 he said, and gonna use his trailer and the farm trailer. And gonna help him AI those Char 1st calf heifers bred to the Red Angus to the buyer, and haul the pairs to the buyer I assume 1st of April. About July 4th weekend I am gonna help him and a couple of his amigos sort the Charbray and Char calves and haul them to the buyer. And Saturday he wants me to come up there and help him tag and give shots to ALL of those calves. I asked him if he had a buyer for the red Brangus calf and the Flechveih calf two of his Charbray were gonna have soon. He said : "Nope. Was gonna sell them but now they ain't for sale, unless you want to sell them" I said huh, whacha talkin' 'bout, Willis? He said "By the time we get done delivering those calves in July, it will be about time to wean those two, and I figured I'd just let you take them to your place"!

I saw Sid at sorting practice today and she told me about Frank. She was kinda sad you didn't keep him, too. Call me tomorrow, man, or FB message me. I don't see me getting on here very much. There used to be a lot of good info on here going back years and even last year. But too many trolls on here that don't know cattle nor do they wanna learn anything, just stir the pot. The ones that are a wealth of information on here just don't say much anymore...because they don't want to be attacked, mocked ridiculed etc. Or just exchange information with each other on the PM's. As a guest I didn't know about them, but once I joined, I get all kinds of messages, warning me about this or that idiot, and sharing actual wisdom about a lot of topics. some even ask advice or opinions from me!! LOL
Yep. I asked him about them, and he said he'd sell them bred to the Chianina of Wayne;s choice. So after y'all get done hauling those heifers ion July, you gonna take those 25 Charbray to Wayne.
Those 2 free calves might not be so free! LOL

Ypu need to stand down. These idiots do this for attention. Ignore them like the rest of us do. Don't let them sucker you into getting restricted. And don't let them inhibit your participating. Again, they are mostly ignored.

I am going to help him haul those fall '21 heifers up there this week, the ones he just bred to polled Herefords.
If y'all haven't already took them up there, how about taking a pic of those Charbray and Charolais cows with the red calves? Or, weren't you gonna help them tag and vaccinate etc the calves this Saturday? People on here like to see pics. Knee is killing me this week, but the ole lady has some prednisone left over from her last flu/Covid episode after Christmas. I might pop a handful and load Smoke up and come help y'all Saturday.

Latest posts