Red Angus bull: Brown Redemption

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
Anybody have any thoughts or experience with this bull?
We just bought 25 SimAngus heifers AIed to him. He looks good and his numbers indicate that he should be a real easy calver. Too young for accuracy to be high, though.

looks like he has a heck of a set of numbers and being a P707 son I wouldn't worry to much about the accuracy, we just AIed our heifers to Accelerated Genetics Brown Nice and Easy 2 weeks ago today! Are the heifers you bought red?

rRandel":3dum2peg said:
looks like he has a heck of a set of numbers and being a P707 son I wouldn't worry to much about the accuracy, we just AIed our heifers to Accelerated Genetics Brown Nice and Easy 2 weeks ago today! Are the heifers you bought red?
Only the pretty ones; the rest are black.

A friend of mine AIed a bunch of heifers to him last year. Real easy calver and the one thing he mentioned was they came really early so I would be prepared a couple weeks ahead if they were anything like his. I haven't seen the calves, but he sounded happy with them last time I talked to him.

Cibster":2938ridd said:
A friend of mine AIed a bunch of heifers to him last year. Real easy calver and the one thing he mentioned was they came really early so I would be prepared a couple weeks ahead if they were anything like his. I haven't seen the calves, but he sounded happy with them last time I talked to him.
Thanks for the info!

I have had several calves out of him this spring. Still waiting on the last one. All have calved on their own except for a pair of twins which were very easy pulls. I knew she had twins in her, She was showing a bag for about an hour so I went ahead and pulled. The ones I have witnessed give birth shoot right out once the head clears. Calves are usually up within 30 minutes, some have been up in as little as 5! Birth weights have run from 56-69 pounds. Twins were 56 and 62 pounds. These are all out of second calvers. I will be using him again. Calves look awesome!

Forgot to add that so far all have calved a week early compared to their due date on my genex calendar.

Latest posts