Real small heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a heifer that was accidently bred at 5 mo's, we had to pull the calf but no C-section like the vet predicted. Heifer was short on milk so we supplemented with replacer, she mothered it well though, and fed it what she had. Calf hasn't amounted to much but the heifer kept on growing good, not stunted. She is bred back and will be having her second calf soon, she'll be just over 2 yrs old when she has that second calf. She had better be able to feed this one.

:lol: one of my neighbors bought some grass calves from, somewhere...
they were 500 lb. heifers. a week or so after he got them he went to feed one morning and two of them had calved! one of the calves died right away the second one lived a couple days. my first question was they must have been bred also!
if'n i hadn't seen it with my own eyes i probably had not believed it either!
:lol:

buckaroo_bif":2ajyrg6l said:
:lol: one of my neighbors bought some grass calves from, somewhere...
they were 500 lb. heifers. a week or so after he got them he went to feed one morning and two of them had calved! one of the calves died right away the second one lived a couple days. my first question was they must have been bred also!
if'n i hadn't seen it with my own eyes i probably had not believed it either!
:lol:

Are you saying you did see that with your own eyes???

Craig-TX

sure nuff did craig his pens are right down the road from us. i drive by there everday. i always eyeball his pens on my way by in the mornings and sure enough there was a little calf standing out in the pen with these little 500 lb. heifers!!
gol durndest thing i ever seen :lol:

i had to stop in for a double take even!! :shock:

Good luck with her redfish. Post a picture of her and her calf. I am an eternal optimist. Let us know how she does.

Latest posts