real estate license

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
Does anyone here have their real estate license ?
I been thinking I may give selling ranch real estate a try
I don't know what it takes to get your license or even if it is worth it ?

Ain't no amount of money worth being in call 24/7 to deal with a bunch of idiot tire kickers.

hooknline":2x6xf9c5 said:
Ain't no amount of money worth being in call 24/7 to deal with a bunch of idiot tire kickers.

You just described my current job
Most are good ol boys that I'd call friends but the few that make my life miserable are always my best customer so I have to put up with it

I thought about becoming an licensed agent but not selling anything but it didnt work out that way. I would say yes its worth it if you have time to do it. The reason I wanted to was I wanted to see any land in my area that became available first on the mls before its released to the public when I was on my land buying spree. I have been a day late and dollar short on some properties and it really sucked. If you become an agent here you will more than likely have to work under a company unless you are willing to spend alot of money and get your own agency going. I couldn't find an agency that would just let me be an agent and not truly sell.

Not to much involved, get a brokers license too that is worth it. i don't know about where you are but the 2 schools around here went out of business when real estate went bad. i have spent my whole life around the real estate business, with my family being in the house building business and dividing land and so on, at 10 years old i knew more about the business than most agents in this area, around here they are mostly full of thereselves and lazy, they want everyone else to do there job and pay them 6 to 10% to do it. i don't know how your market is, but around here a good agent could make it right now.

Instead of being a realtor, have you ever considered selling drugs? Meth, pot, coke, it really doesn't matter. And to school children. I'd hate to see you ruin your reputation.

Edit - I forgot to mention. I don't care for them. Am sure there are a few good ones out there but to date I haven't met him/her.

Jogeephus":2lw9jww5 said:
Instead of being a realtor, have you ever considered selling drugs? Meth, pot, coke, it really doesn't matter. And to school children. I'd hate to see you ruin your reputation.

Edit - I forgot to mention. I don't care for them. Am sure there are a few good ones out there but to date I haven't met him/her.

I have dealt with a few over the years and can say I have only had on bad experience but it was bad enough that I am very cautious now and never take them for their word

I am a real estate broker, a property manager, and I own a real estate school. I might take offense at some of the comments but like every profession, there are always bod ones and you never hear about the good ones. Having said that, real estate, is the only business I know of where the only limit is you. I can't afford more land or cattle right now but if I wanted them bad enough, I could put in more hours at the real estate business and soon earn the extra money. All of you who have had bad experiences with a realtor, my apologies. I can assure you how ever that the vast majority are kind caring hardworking folks. Our small local real estate board just sent $5,000 Cash to Oklahoma to be used for tornado relief.

cross_7":21qe0d1u said:
Does anyone here have their real estate license ?
I been thinking I may give selling ranch real estate a try
I don't know what it takes to get your license or even if it is worth it ?

Did have until a few years ago. Was no longer doing anything affiliated with RE so saw no need for it.

melking":3b7xqimj said:
I am a real estate broker, a property manager, and I own a real estate school. I might take offense at some of the comments but like every profession, there are always bod ones and you never hear about the good ones. Having said that, real estate, is the only business I know of where the only limit is you. I can't afford more land or cattle right now but if I wanted them bad enough, I could put in more hours at the real estate business and soon earn the extra money. All of you who have had bad experiences with a realtor, my apologies. I can assure you how ever that the vast majority are kind caring hardworking folks. Our small local real estate board just sent $5,000 Cash to Oklahoma to be used for tornado relief.

I know a broker that is a baptist deacon and tithes a minimum of 10% to the church on Sunday. The other 6 days of the week he will stomp you in the ground if you get between him and a dollar bill.

I got my broker's license about a year before the bottom fell out. I would wait until the economy improves because at this point all you would be doing is paying the ridiculous fees you will be charged. The competition is extreme right now and the buyers are few and far between.

My father sells ag real estate exclusively. He was an ag lender before that. He's been in agriculture in CA his whole life so he's able to point out things both good and bad that most investors don't even see. I've bought three properties through him as a professional and not my dad and all three would have been a disaster without him right there in the middle of it making it all work.
He says the key to success in ag realty is to understand that anything with a home on it is a toxic mess and best handed off to some other realtor. :lol: I thought he was joking until I sold one with a home on it last year. I went to his office and took him to lunch with the kids and when we got back and it turned to business he marched me down the hall to another guys office and introduced me to the guy that sells farms with homes on them. :lol:

In the last week I have spoke with 1 real estate agent and 1 broker
The agent doesn't return calls
The broker went like this
Me: Yes I'm calling about the 290 acres you have listed in Waurika
Him: what 290 acres ?
Me: The one listed on your website
Him: What website ?
Me: your site
Him: he ask someone do we have 290 acres listed in Waurika( I can't hear the response) He says we sold it
Me: Ok well I'm looking in that area do you have any other listings in the area ?
Him: No
Me: Ok if something in the area comes up I'd be interested if you'd give me a call
Him: uh ok

I don't see how you make a living like that
I guess business must be really good

cross_7":tng4tmi4 said:
In the last week I have spoke with 1 real estate agent and 1 broker
The agent doesn't return calls
The broker went like this
Me: Yes I'm calling about the 290 acres you have listed in Waurika
Him: what 290 acres ?
Me: The one listed on your website
Him: What website ?
Me: your site
Him: he ask someone do we have 290 acres listed in Waurika( I can't hear the response) He says we sold it
Me: Ok well I'm looking in that area do you have any other listings in the area ?
Him: No
Me: Ok if something in the area comes up I'd be interested if you'd give me a call
Him: uh ok

I don't see how you make a living like that
I guess business must be really good
Sounds about right, he very well may have not personally had it listed. We turned a guy in a while back that was putting other peoples listings on his personal website as his own, he now has no license.

melking":2ck0wgbh said:
I am a real estate broker, a property manager, and I own a real estate school. I might take offense at some of the comments but like every profession, there are always bod ones and you never hear about the good ones.
We just sold a condominium and the real estate lady did a fine job.
She was very helpful. She knew a lot and was very organized. Never any problem getting in contact with her.

Melking I feel that you would also do an excellent job. If I was buying or selling anything in your area I would certainly contact you.
If you didn't do a good job I would throw a rock through your window. :lol: I learned that little trick watching Ernest T. Bass on the Andy Griffith show. :nod:

Ryder":129w7743 said:
melking":129w7743 said:
I am a real estate broker, a property manager, and I own a real estate school. I might take offense at some of the comments but like every profession, there are always bod ones and you never hear about the good ones.
We just sold a condominium and the real estate lady did a fine job.
She was very helpful. She knew a lot and was very organized. Never any problem getting in contact with her.

Melking I feel that you would also do an excellent job. If I was buying or selling anything in your area I would certainly contact you.
If you didn't do a good job I would throw a rock through your window. :lol: I learned that little trick watching Ernest T. Bass on the Andy Griffith show. :nod:

LOL Ryder, That is exactly what I tell the auto dealer when they want to sell me a longer warranty. No thanks, I don't need it. If it breaks and you don't fix it, I will drive it through your front window.

Latest posts