Real Estate Salesperson

Help Support CattleToday:

Anyone have their Real Estate Salesperson license? I have been ask to get mine and go to work for a realtor. 60 hours of class plus a test from the state in Virginia. Guess I need at least 1 more part time job.
Have you. in fact, retired? Or are you still just thinking about it? I noticed you have been doing more hauling.

We can always use another one around here. If you want another part time job they are begging for bus drivers. You will drive the same route everyday, no sales or coming in at mid-night. Most of the buses are not loaded either. With a good backup hard to beat for part time.

Last edited:
Have you. in fact, retired? Or are you still just thinking about it? I noticed you have been doing more hauling.
Still working. Not taking over 1 day a week off to drive.
This is terrible to say but since I'm still grazing cows this winter and only.feeding 6 calves I'm bored. Normally I will feed 75 calves and buy several cows but this time it just didn't pencil out so I'm getting lazy.

We can always use another one around here. If you want another part time job they are begging for bus drivers. You will drive the same route everyday, no sales or coming in at mid-night. Most of the buses are not loaded either. With a good backup hard to beat for part time.
Thats one job that I could not stand.

In my area there are way to many Realtors and not enough inventory for them all to sell. The housing market is hot, and there just isn't a lot for sale. I have always liked real estate and have flipped a few houses and have several rentals. I have always wanted to get my licenses but just haven't took the time. May be different there.

I figured you would not be interest. I remember a few years ago a lot of local farmers drove a bus for the insurance, retirement and a steady income. Bus driving jobs were few and far between. Nowadays seems times have changed.

Last edited:
Ate breakfast at Hardees in Duffield last week and the thought "I think KT lives close to here" went through my head. The things that go through my head.
Darn, wish I had known. What were you doing in the mountains
On our way home from Gatlinburg. We left Gatlinburg early Saturday morning and drove 81 to 23. We live just across the Ohio river from Greenup Ky.
23 to 26 to 95 is how we go to Florida every year.

On our way home from Gatlinburg. We left Gatlinburg early Saturday morning and drove 81 to 23. We live just across the Ohio river from Greenup Ky.
23 to 26 to 95 is how we go to Florida every year.
Gatlinburg has been named the #1 travel destination in the US and #5 i n the world.

Me either. Son tried to get me to do it and I told him they would put me in jail because the first time a kid didn't sit down when I said to, or talked back to me, They would get put off the bus and the schools would get called to deal with them.... and I would wind up in jail for child abuse. I cannot imagine trying to concentrate on driving, traffic, etc... with kids raising he// behind me or abusing/bullying another kid . NOPE NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Me either. Son tried to get me to do it and I told him they would put me in jail because the first time a kid didn't sit down when I said to, or talked back to me, They would get put off the bus and the schools would get called to deal with them.... and I would wind up in jail for child abuse. I cannot imagine trying to concentrate on driving, traffic, etc... with kids raising he// behind me or abusing/bullying another kid . NOPE NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.
I can see that happening, and I can see you doing it..why I couldn't do it either.

Anyone have their Real Estate Salesperson license? I have been ask to get mine and go to work for a realtor. 60 hours of class plus a test from the state in Virginia. Guess I need at least 1 more part time job.
I use to have my license years ago but only because my employer required it in my job as a mortgage lender. Never used it.