rain report

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Can we have a rain report? Did everyone get some moisture yesterday? We had 2.4 inches last night. Last year at this time, when you walked across the yard it crunched. This year it sloshes.

Frankie":lnxusey3 said:
Can we have a rain report? Did everyone get some moisture yesterday? We had 2.4 inches last night. Last year at this time, when you walked across the yard it crunched. This year it sloshes.

Ya'll are rain hogs Frankie. Seems like it's raining every day over where you are.

Bet ya'll have plenty of grass! :lol: Need more cows?

I haven't gotten a 2" rain all at once since January.

1/2" yesterday.

Braggart! ;-)

MikeC":3sma9ywg said:
Frankie":3sma9ywg said:

Ya'll are rain hogs Frankie. Seems like it's raining every day over where you are.

1/2" yesterday.

Braggart! ;-)

I'm ALMOST feeling guilty. :D But not quite. I think the wheat guys have lost some of their crop because they couldn't get in the fields with combines. We have lots of grass and lots of weeds. We'd planned to spray this week, but that's not going to happen now; it's entirely too wet.

Hope you get more rain soon.

Feast and famine. We are something like 7 inches over our average yearly rainfall already. It has been too wet to cut and bale hay for several weeks now.

11 inches below normal, got 1/10 yesterday some other places got an inch or so. Starting to cull while I still have grass and the market is still holding. Bigger calves will also be hitting the trail at three weight. 30% chance for the Saturday then no rain in sight and 90 degrees. River is almost dried up but still moving. Ponds not looking so good. Tobacco looks like someone poured gas on it. Looks like the end of September around here. I still ain't complaining though I know some have got it real bad down south. I feel so bad for them.

We had a couple of inches over the weekend; don't know about last night - didn't check the gauge before heading to work. The wheat folks around here have lost virtually all their crop; however, the corn and sorghum is looking good.

We got 2 tenths yesterday... Needed more but will take
what we can get. We are selling our steer calves today.
There were 62 of them. We are selling much earlier than
we usually do. The calf market is down and it's still
falling. They are good calves....I hope the buyers notice
that. Next week, the heifers will go.

None for the past two days, but I bet we got 4 inches anyway, over the weekend. It is drying out now. Bugs everywhere!!!!

The wind blew the lid of a trailer feeder last night. I only use it for storage, but I now have four tons of very wet and mushy feed. Now that the rain stopped for a few hours its probably going to mold as well. :(

Frankie":1w9tclej said:
MikeC":1w9tclej said:
Frankie":1w9tclej said:

1/2" yesterday.

Braggart! ;-)

I'm ALMOST feeling guilty. :D But not quite. I think the wheat guys have lost some of their crop because they couldn't get in the fields with combines. We have lots of grass and lots of weeds. We'd planned to spray this week, but that's not going to happen now; it's entirely too wet.

Hope you get more rain soon.

Be like several of the wheat farmers up here-- too wet to spray, so they paid a fortune to get it sprayed by plane- only to have it harvested by the white reaper Saturday night-- and since we "never" have hail in June, few had bought hail insurance as they usually wait until the end of the month to see how good the crop is, so they know how much insurance to put on.... :roll:

Got 1.4". Way short of prediction but it works for me. It is truly amazing how a little water can make the grass grow. :D

i truely feel for the people that are suffering from the drought. we did it last year. but the good news is that our rain gauge broke from having to empty it so much this year.

What a difference a year makes! Last year I was feeding hay in June and running water to keep my tank filled. This year it's green and the cows are fat and satisfied and my stock tank is overflowing.

I've had 5 inches in the last week and it has just started pouring buckets here again.

I'm thankful for every drop after the last two years of drought but the farmers haven't been able to get their peanuts in the ground around here so they're not too happy.

but the farmers haven't been able to get their peanuts in the ground around here so they're not too happy.

There were no peanuts planted here because of drought.

Might be a good time to buy peanut futures.............

Latest posts