The company posted wider-than-expected losses
calendar icon
11 November 2023
clock icon
2 minute read
user.svg
By: Global Ag Media
North America

Beyond Meat missed market expectations for quarterly revenue and posted a wider-than-expected loss on Wednesday, hurt by relentless weakness in demand for plant-based meat in the United States, reported Reuters.

The company has been offering steeper discounts, as consumer sentiment about plant-based meat and its health benefits took a beating.

In a post-earnings call, Beyond Meat executives said the percentage of people in the US who believe plant-based meats are healthy is likely to have dropped further this year, after falling 38% in 2022 from 50% in 2020, as per data from trade association Food Marketing Institute.

For rest of article: https://www.thebeefsite.com/news/beyond-meat-continues-to-struggle-in-waning-us-market

I always felt that fake beef would not really take off. People already think farmers are trying to kill them with GMO's, why would they not think the same thing with meat grown in a Petri dish. I don't think there enough vegans in the world to make fake meat work.

I always felt that fake beef would not really take off. People already think farmers are trying to kill them with GMO's, why would they not think the same thing with meat grown in a Petri dish. I don't think there enough vegans in the world to make fake meat work.
Vegans are basically idiots. Are you saying there is a shortage of idiots?

My wife has a good friend who's a vegan. She said something that I don't think people trying to make fake meat understand. Quite simply she said, I don't want meat, why would I want something that tastes like meat?

On the flip side of that I think people who want meat WANT MEAT.

My wife has a good friend who's a vegan. She said something that I don't think people trying to make fake meat understand. Quite simply she said, I don't want meat, why would I want something that tastes like meat?

The entire issue in creating fake meat is predicated on a false conclusion to begin with. Cattle are not harmful to the environment, so there is really no reason to replace natural meat with a fake product meant to be better for the environment. The popular conceptions of cattle doing harm always lack the context of how cattle are evolved in a natural system that works to keep the planet healthy.

What's so bizarre about that is that we aren't herbivores by any stretch of the imagination. We have a gut PH of 1.5-2 which makes us more like a buzzard than a cow who's gut PH is around 7

Makes sense.

Ken