Raids - illegal

Help Support CattleToday:

Quote from 3MR.
"And most definitely dont slither across the border into my country and then tell me I need you and call me a racist when I disagree. "

Not wanting illegal people in this country doesn't make one a racist. It's not about a persons race. It's about the fact they are here illegally. Illegal aliens come from all countries around the world. So its not racist. I guess you could call it being nationalist, because its about what nation someone comes from.

I worked in the construction industry in Texas for about 10 years. Those of you who say they are stealing your tax dollars (atleast in my experience) are 100% wrong. Everyone of them I have ever dealt with had their taxes taken out, but will never be able to see a return on their SS taxes and they never see any unemployment checks.
One company I worked for had well over 200 of them working for them and the other company had as many 40 at a time. I must admit I enjoyed working with them a He*& of alot more than the folks I have to work with now. Those boys know how to work, got paid a fair wages and were taken care of. The folks I work with now get paid fair wages, and a taken care of but are a bunch of ungrateful, selfish, crooked, lazy primadonna white boys. If I had access to them I wouldnt hesitate to hire them.... and they would pay their taxes..

Their taxes are submitted, and they recieve cash back every spring like most folks in their tax brackets. When you think of illegals you must be thinking about 40 mexicans living in a trailer picking tomatoes. This is an incredibly small portion of the 5 million or so living in the U.S..
Most companies I know of dont stay in business long if they dont treat their employees well. The folks I dealt with were skilled labor, and remember folks these "illegals" are not stupid. They know that if you take taxes out, give em a paycheck, send em a 1099, they better be recieving an accurate refund come spring time.
Now I will admit that something I frequently saw was the number of dependents they would claim was extremely high. Remember to them most are here to make money and send it home to their families. Therefore they may put their siblings or parents down as dependents.
Once again.. ship em up here to me... I will take every one of them. And dont give me that BS about them stealing jobs from us Americans. BS again.. if these younger americans had any clue how to work, and didnt think they were "owed" I would have no problem with them. I know someone will take offense to this last statement, probably someone from the younger generation, with statements along the lines of "I have been working since I was 10 hauling hay on my back up hill in 140 degree heat 6 days a week." And to those very few of you that actually have. Send me a PM, as I would like to hire you!

Well, illegals took two jobs from my daughters. They both are good ranch hands, and since I moved to town to make money to support my home and cattle, my daughters tried to get jobs with landscapers. They were turned down by a total of 5 outfits. The reasons given were variations of, "Do you know spanish?" and "Aw, honey, we got (nationality) to do that." And they're making more than $8/hr. Wouldn't be bad summer wages for college girls who like outdoor work, know how to do it, and work hard.

I'm in healthcare, and getting sick of people getting brought in by relatives to enjoy our resources, taking away from our own frail elderly and ill citizens.

KANSAS":sm1tb38y said:
Their taxes are submitted, and they recieve cash back every spring like most folks in their tax brackets. When you think of illegals you must be thinking about 40 mexicans living in a trailer picking tomatoes. This is an incredibly small portion of the 5 million or so living in the U.S..
Most companies I know of dont stay in business long if they dont treat their employees well. The folks I dealt with were skilled labor, and remember folks these "illegals" are not stupid. They know that if you take taxes out, give em a paycheck, send em a 1099, they better be recieving an accurate refund come spring time.
Now I will admit that something I frequently saw was the number of dependents they would claim was extremely high. Remember to them most are here to make money and send it home to their families. Therefore they may put their siblings or parents down as dependents.
Once again.. ship em up here to me... I will take every one of them. And dont give me that BS about them stealing jobs from us Americans. BS again.. if these younger americans had any clue how to work, and didnt think they were "owed" I would have no problem with them. I know someone will take offense to this last statement, probably someone from the younger generation, with statements along the lines of "I have been working since I was 10 hauling hay on my back up hill in 140 degree heat 6 days a week." And to those very few of you that actually have. Send me a PM, as I would like to hire you!

Why dont you try 12 to 13 million instead of 5. Is that just your calculations ? Now, on the subject of us non-working younger Americans. I realize there are a good many who do indeed fall into the wide brush you've painted us with and on the other hand there are just as many who are hard working and genuinely pursue working hard. Its next to impossible to get your foot in the door to alot of trades because you are not going to get an entry level grunt job in things like construction, or agriculture when those in charge have already made up their mind to outsource their labor to foreigners. All comes down to greed and unwillingness to pay a living wage to our own people. People complain about Bush, but we have millions of people who do actual harm to our country on a daily basis in the name of capitolism by hiring illegals . Its an endless purge that starts with the hiring of maybe 1 or 2 , then progresses to the entire payroll due to the language barrier and such and the disparity in wages. Oh well, what the heck do I know. I'm a veteran and its not like I've earned the right to state my oppinion.

They made up their minds because most everyone one of them tried working with the hard working american folk. Sorry, the majority just dont work like they do.

Its not so much about taking Americans jobs as it is in pushing the wages down or keeping them down. The free market works on a supply and demand basis. As long as someone is willing to work at a cheaper price and the supply is endless in CHEAP labor, then it will stifle wages.

In many cases Americans will not take the job because there is something easier or better paying around the corner.

If there was no illegal immigrants to pick tomato's then the farmer would have to pay more and at a certain price they would have workers. Or they would invent some machine to pick them.

As long as unfair labor practices are allowed then it will damage the free market and all of us will pay the consequences for it.

I am not talking about the tomatoe pickers etc. I am talking about skilled labor. These guys were making anywhere from 13.50 to start out up to 27.00/hr as a foreman. I dont see how that is driving down the price. Unless you are talking about competing with the unions, but dont get me started on that.

Look if it is actually driving down the price of wages your getting it back in cheaper goods. Construction is cheaper, vegetables are cheaper (to name a few). I would be curious to see what it would actually do, or if there are any studies that show the effects it would have on the construction industry if they were all sent home.

Oh... and you are right. Meant to type 15 million not 5 milllion. My apologies on that.

Its really much more simple than we all make it out to be, I mean what part of "illegal" dont the employers understand ? Breaking the law any other way has serious consequences and this should be no exception.

Angus/Brangus":lh9q6suw said:
KANSAS":lh9q6suw said:
Everyone of them I have ever dealt with had their taxes taken out, but will never be able to see a return on their SS taxes and they never see any unemployment checks.

Yes, the tax money was taken out but do we know for sure where that money went afterwards? Just as there is no verification of Social Security numbers, there is no verification of tax payments in behalf of the individual. If the worker is illegal, he doesn't exist for tax collections. The withholding could go back into the pocket of the employer. The immigrant could benefit greatly if he went through legal channels.
You speak as if you have first hand knowledge.
I do and I can tell you that all of the SS and other withholding goes where it should. We have become a society of lazy bums that would rather live off the government than have to do hard work. If you don,t believe that, send your kids over to me for a few days and lets see how long they last. But then not your kids because they are to good to do that kind of work.
Do you people think that employers hire these people because they are cheap? They start out way above convenience store wages. The fact of the matter is the spoiled kids we raise today will not work the way we did and our ancestors did.
Why? because we have taught them not to. We educate our children that that type of work is low class scum work. We have raised them to not work hard.
Teach your kids how to work, the way your parents did, and there would be no jobs for illigals. The gangs you see on the corners are the ones that have become americanized. The ones that take advantage of the government benifits are the same.
You send me good hard working American citizens, that will work and make me a profit, and I will hire them and give you a thankyou and apology because I was wrong.

Quote from novatech "The gangs you see on the corners are the ones that have become americanized." ]

This is not true. Two of the major Mexican gangs are the Serrano's and the Nortenos.(the n's are supposed to have the little wavy line over them but I don't know how to type it like that). Both of these gangs are purely Mexican. Nortenos are Mexicans from northern Mexico, while Serrano's are from southern Mexico. Surprisingly enough they don't got along very well. And both are very violent.

Myself and most of my competitors have switched almost entirely to hispanic workforce, LEGAL hispanic workforce. Why? Because today's generation doesn't want to work. And low wages? BS. I try all day to hire local guys at 9, 10, 12 dollars an hour as a helper and can't find em. I offer the hispanics the same wage. I believe if he is legal and wants to earn a living, well by God he should. Notice I said LEGAL. More illegal than that is all these young kids getting disability or crazy checks who say they have to get paid cash because it will mess up their gov. check.

Like I said before, you show me the good home raised responsible Americans who want to work for a fair wage, I'll hire em all day. I give preference to veterans, fathers, and Americans. I don't care if they're white, black, orange, red, or blue. Just an honest man to work for a fair wage.

Horticattleman":1habkuy1 said:
Myself and most of my competitors have switched almost entirely to hispanic workforce, LEGAL hispanic workforce. Why? Because today's generation doesn't want to work. And low wages? BS. I try all day to hire local guys at 9, 10, 12 dollars an hour as a helper and can't find em. I offer the hispanics the same wage. I believe if he is legal and wants to earn a living, well be nice he should. Notice I said LEGAL. More illegal than that is all these young kids getting disability or crazy checks who say they have to get paid cash because it will mess up their gov. check.

Like I said before, you show me the good home raised responsible Americans who want to work for a fair wage, I'll hire em all day. I give preference to veterans, fathers, and Americans. I don't care if they're white, black, orange, red, or blue. Just an honest man to work for a fair wage.

I'm glad to see an employer who cares about the law and abiding by it. You unfortunately are a minority in that sense in your industry. I do get sick and tired of hearing how kids of today wont work. I'd be willing to bet theres quite a few including me who would prove you wrong in that regard.

Oh I agree. My kids are testament to that. Just like you said, I am the minority on being a legal employer...you are a minority in having responsible kids. 9 out of 10 kids who come to work for me last 1 week ate the most. Lots of em 1 day. All the 40+ year olds who come to work for me stay.

Angus/Brangus":1wrbwfog said:
Babies from illegal immigrants should NOT get automatic citizenship.
Place of birth shoud not be the determining factor.I think they should automatically be citizens of the same country as their parents.
But what I think should be doesn't often make much of a difference.

kjones":ymgo6dtd said:
Gate Opener":ymgo6dtd said:
I am against amnesty. I personally don't know of anyone who supports it. Give the ones amnesty that are here and there will be even more on the way. Reward for breaking the law-I don't think so. Let them come here legally.

I think you are right about even more on the way. Didn't Carter give amnesty to illegals in the seventies? And now the immigration problem is even worse. I would think the current administration would learn from the past failures, but then.... :roll:

I think that President Carter gave amnesty to draft evaders from the Viet Nam war. Bush 1, or maybe President Reagan tried the amnesty thing for illegals. I remember it was in the late 80's. Didn't work too well. I am not a great student of history so I may be wrong.

Angus/Brangus

Shut down illegal immigration and we will have a better chance of shutting down the terrorists.

Sorry Pal but the last I heard the Mexicans are not the ones trying to blow us up.

KANSAS":3s18pwfv said:
Angus/Brangus

Shut down illegal immigration and we will have a better chance of shutting down the terrorists.

Sorry Pal but the last I heard the Mexicans are not the ones trying to blow us up.

But, you can bet they don't care who is...as long as there's money in it for them...

They seem to live in the short term...

Alice

Alice":332dyn89 said:
KANSAS":332dyn89 said:
Angus/Brangus

But, you can bet they don't care who is...as long as there's money in it for them...

They seem to live in the short term...

Alice

Not very often you will see me taking up for illegal immigrants :shock: And I guess it is appropriate that I do it in debate of a comment by you :lol:

But I do not think that is a very true statement, and a little harsh and generalization. I see no indication that the illegal Mexican immigrants would not care who is trying to blow us up.

I can not imagine them not caring about terrorist attacks on the U.S. especially since they are in just as much danger as the legal citizens are! Bombs do not discriminate based on citizenship!

Not talkin' about the illegal immigrants...the ones the coyotes put in the truck trailers and leave to die from baking inside. I'm talking about the coyotes themselves...and the officials they pay to cross the borders...the ones that matter in their world.

You ever known first hand how these people work...no, never mind...you haven't...you couldn't. :mad: Wake up and smell the coffee...or don't...just sit back and blather on about something you know nothing about...but want to sound all important about.

Alice

Latest posts