Question for Kubota guys

Help Support CattleToday:

the 567 is being pulled by a jx80 caseih 4x4 wich is 73hp.an it pulls the baler with no probs.the jx80 is 64hp on the pto.the 7040 is 71hp with 65hp on the pto.we are in the flatlands.

bigbull338":38l0rozi said:
the 567 is being pulled by a jx80 caseih 4x4 wich is 73hp.an it pulls the baler with no probs.the jx80 is 64hp on the pto.the 7040 is 71hp with 65hp on the pto.we are in the flatlands.
Wow, I didn't think it would work very good even going down hill :lol2:. I pull a 4x6 baler with a 80 pto hp Kubota, and even when I do get to bale some flatter places I don't get the kind of speed I would like, but I am expect to much.

an the jx80 pulls it in 2wd.we always pulled 5 by 6 balers with a 7700 ford cab 84hp.

Bigbull I own a 7040 and I now work as a salesman at our local Kubota dealer and a 7040 is 68 engine hp and 64 pto hp.

We pull a 4x5 vermeer with mine and its all it wants. I wish we would have bought a 9540 instead.

Those prices sound good. There has been a price increase in the M series and they know people want the 40 series before they are gonna and the new 60 series with the regin and epa controls are fully on the market.

the teir 4 regs is why i moved so fast trading tractors.we will use the 7040 to pull the cutter an rake when we buy them.

In June I bought a new 2013 M126GX with Kubota LA2254 loader. Cost $79500 + tax. I financed most of it with the Kubota 5 yrs @ 0% financing.

Only have 52 hrs on it now, but love the tractor so far. The GX cab is unbelieveably nice and roomy with great visibility.

The M126GX (108 PTO HP) handles my Hesston 856A baler easily. Put most of the hours so far with the baler. The rest were mowing road ditch with a 6' rotary mower.

The M135GX (115 PTO HP) is Kubota's largest tractor. It looks pretty much identical to mine. The 7 extra HP cost $2-$3K more. The tractors are basically the same engine and chassis.

The M100GX (85 PTO HP) and M110GX (95 PTO HP) are substantially smaller tractors in terms of engine displacement, wheelbase, tire size, and overall weight. Also less expensive if they would suit your needs. :nod:

2013 Kubota tractors use DPF emmission controls. Basically burns more diesel at 1300 degrees to clean out the DPF periodically. Doesn't make sense to me, but that's EPA for ya. :???:

Try Lawsons in Rose Hill, Virginia purchasing a new Kubota it will be only a little overt an hour drive for you. That was were I got my M6800 and I called Kinsport, Abington, Corbin and several other tractor places and Lawsons beat their price by $2000.

http://www.lawsonskubota.com/default.htm

Buy the 7040 or 8540 now and buy a new kubota baler that will be out possibly next year. Either should pull a 4x5 baler fine if you are not in a hurry.

Sizmic

Latest posts