2013 Kubota M7040 value

Help Support CattleToday:

Did you take it off or do it on the tractor?
I took it off but it's an open station so it was easy. The hardest part of that whole job on the kubota is going to be getting the roof off. However, the chances of it holding if you don't reinforce the bottom side is going to be slim. The reason you reinforce the bottom is because it looks rough with all of the mesh & 3m product built up. Be sure to follow the directions or it won't hold. You could go to a body shop or body shop supply store & they can show you exactly what to do to make sure it holds.

I would have them repair the roof and any water damage under it.
I agree with this as either replace the roof and fix damage inside or adjust the price (you want be happy with that) roof. I have a JD that the roof leaks if I don't stay after it and I don't have much luck fixing. (Don't waste your money on flexseal as it is worthless). The replacement is $1300 for the top on my JD and myself to put it on. It is stuck on also it seems.

My Kubotas are a little older but removing the top on them is fairly easy as I put radios and speakers in both. From inside the cab there are 8 long studs/bolts just unscrew and lift the top off. I can have it off in 15 minutes with a drill to back the studs out. Changing the fuel filter maybe a 10-minute job and back going.

Last edited:
With the way interest rates and the economy are going, larger ticket items aren't selling anywhere near as good as they were 6 months ago. Most of the dealer lots in this area are filling up pretty quick, and I would be very conservative in my offer if you decide you like the tractor. I'd also request (at the last minute) for the dealer to throw in a roof for that tractor, whether they install or I do so.

I know absolutely nothing about Kubotas, but am wondering if the hydraulic valves in the back are in their normal position at the angle they appear to be. And it looks like there is some varying shades of paint in the area around/under the valves, which could be from fluid loss or repair work. Hard to tell from the picture.

Considering a used cab tractor. 2013 Kubota M7040 hydraulic shuttle with 1130 hours. Only seen pics looks straight but faded some. Tires are fair probably less than half. Interior looks clean. What's a fair value?
I have had 8 Kubotas and they have all faded. Just a Kubota fault. Tractors are fine

With the way interest rates and the economy are going, larger ticket items aren't selling anywhere near as good as they were 6 months ago. Most of the dealer lots in this area are filling up pretty quick, and I would be very conservative in my offer if you decide you like the tractor. I'd also request (at the last minute) for the dealer to throw in a roof for that tractor, whether they install or I do so.

I know absolutely nothing about Kubotas, but am wondering if the hydraulic valves in the back are in their normal position at the angle they appear to be. And it looks like there is some varying shades of paint in the area around/under the valves, which could be from fluid loss or repair work. Hard to tell from the picture.
From my experience the angle is fine on the hydraulics, but I agree on the paint as the axle paint doesn't match the lift arms. It looks shinny and bright compared to the rest.

I'd check out the Tractor House website to get values. I've had the headliner out of my M9960 to get to a mouse nest and it looked like the top just unbolted and came off. I'm sure there's some kind of sealant also. You can check Messicks.com for the price on a new top. Just guessing I'd say $35,000 would be the going price, if it has the hydraulic shuttle shift.

I have a open station M7040 the remote angle is ok, I see the color difference. A closer look at the pic I see the left lift cylinder look a little mangled. The more I look the more I see wrong. Makes me regret not taking 7 years 0% on a new one last month.

I have a open station M7040 the remote angle is ok, I see the color difference. A closer look at the pic I see the left lift cylinder look a little mangled. The more I look the more I see wrong. Makes me regret not taking 7 years 0% on a new one last month.
They make new ones every day. And I'm betting you'll see some really attractive incentives in the next few months to a year.

They make new ones every day. And I'm betting you'll see some really attractive incentives in the next few months to a year.
I passed on a deal last month that I kinda regret. Mainly passed for the fear of that big of a payment. Trying to be more comfortable I guess I am getting soft as I get older.

New ones are still 2x or more that money plus emissions. The emissions is the big nail in the coffin for me. I have several pieces with it out of necessity but I keep plenty around without it so that I can work when that stuff breaks. Make no mistake about it being expensive to fix also. Yes everything breaks but that is one more complete system that has that potential.

I would check it out good in person if that is feasible. The tractor is 12 plus years old and is going to have had some oil leak/ spill. The cosmetic deal on the lift cylinder could be as simple as an untimely stick or a pin slipping out. It looks as used as hours would indicate but not abused by a long shot. I have a Deere 5525 here that I bought at auction about a year ago. I spent more money on it than I would like and it has a gremlin or two left to sort out but I still think I am ahead in the long run.

New ones are still 2x or more that money plus emissions. The emissions is the big nail in the coffin for me. I have several pieces with it out of necessity but I keep plenty around without it so that I can work when that stuff breaks. Make no mistake about it being expensive to fix also. Yes everything breaks but that is one more complete system that has that potential.

I would check it out good in person if that is feasible. The tractor is 12 plus years old and is going to have had some oil leak/ spill. The cosmetic deal on the lift cylinder could be as simple as an untimely stick or a pin slipping out. It looks as used as hours would indicate but not abused by a long shot. I have a Deere 5525 here that I bought at auction about a year ago. I spent more money on it than I would like and it has a gremlin or two left to sort out but I still think I am ahead in the long run.
What you have spent on the 5525 is a drop in the bucket the potential having to spend on a Tier 4 tractor eventually. You did well. It is hard enough keeping mechanical equipment going, imagine everything electronic going haywire.

I will still take the 7040 with the touch up paint over new with only 1100 hours on the clock.

What you have spent on the 5525 is a drop in the bucket the potential having to spend on a Tier 4 tractor eventually. You did well. It is hard enough keeping mechanical equipment going, imagine everything electronic going haywire.

I will still take the 7040 with the touch up paint over new with only 1100 hours on the clock.
I know that all to well. Made all my second cutting with it, gremlins and all, because my 5100m was in the shop getting a $2800 valve replaced on the DPF. $4500 total bill. Couldn't find anybody to delete it or I sure would have. That emissions crap puts them all in limp mode when it screws up so the tractor is useless til you get it fixed. Same reason my 7.3 Powerstroke has a forever home here.

I know that all to well. Made all my second cutting with it, gremlins and all, because my 5100m was in the shop getting a $2800 valve replaced on the DPF. $4500 total bill. Couldn't find anybody to delete it or I sure would have. That emissions crap puts them all in limp mode when it screws up so the tractor is useless til you get it fixed. Same reason my 7.3 Powerstroke has a forever home here.
How does the 5525 vs 5100M compare power wise?

My 15 year old M7040 has served me well, pretty clean tractor with no issues and so far no leaks.

Tractor is a little rougher than pictures show. Fuel tank is partially crushed by bracket bent into it. Hydraulics seem weak as it struggles to lift front wheels off the ground. Brakes are weak. Lots of little things that add up. They did come off a little more on price but not sure it's worth it to me. Got another one the same year located the pictures look like a new one. Very low hour unit. Distance is the issue. If they offer a good trade it will probably be 10k more difference.