Kubota M7060

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Considering a cab tractor to keep from eating so much dust and stay cooler. Found a 2021 M7060 for what seems fairly priced with 650 hours. Had good luck out of a 2008 M7040 but emissions junk concerns me. Hate going in debt at my age too. Small time guy anyway. Am I nuts for even considering it.

Have a 2013 m8560 with 2900 hours. No problems at all. Was also concerned about the emissions junk but it has worked flawlessly so far.

2015 M9960 only has 600 or so hours but no issues at all. The cab is really nice and lets you work longer without being worn out, stressed, and dirty at the end of the day.

Considering a cab tractor to keep from eating so much dust and stay cooler. Found a 2021 M7060 for what seems fairly priced with 650 hours. Had good luck out of a 2008 M7040 but emissions junk concerns me. Hate going in debt at my age too. Small time guy anyway. Am I nuts for even considering it.
No you're not nuts. I go through the same internal battle on big machinery purchases, but those are all valid reasons for buying.

Many call me spoiled but 4 of my 5 tractors have cabs with AC and both my skid steers have AC.

Yesterday I was in the equipment from 8am to 7pm. I loaded bales, raked 30 acres, baled the 30 acres, and stacked hay. At the end of 11 hours at 87 degrees outside temp I was tired but I was clean and comfortable, I didn't have dust and hay chaff in my butt crack, I'm able to breath nice and easy.

I almost bought mine without a cab. I have pretty severe allergies and there wasn't much of a price difference so I opted for the cab. Boy I'm glad I did. After seeing all the stuff flying around when I mowing brush and whatnot I can't imagine doing it with an open station. I'd be in the ER. I also get a kick out of the wasps banging off the cab knowing they can't sting me.

5 years ago I upgraded Skid Steers from an 07 Case w/cab to a new Kubota w/cab and couldn't believe the difference it made. The old skid had a decent enough cab but after 4-5 hours I was dirty, allergies killing me, and stressed from the noise. With the new skid 4-5 hrs is nothing. The cab is so nice the wife runs it to which is a plus.

I should've have pulled the trigger on one before the end of the year. Lost out on 7 years at 0% but still can get 6 years. Just scary taking on debt, farm is part time thing and it's just me. Something goes wrong I have no backup. I want to be more comfortable.

It's easy for me to say, since my name wouldn't be the one signing up for the payments, but it sounds like it would be a good investment for you. If it won't put you in a bind financially, I think you would be very happy with it. Folks I know that went from open station to cab said they couldn't imagine being without one after getting one.

It's easy for me to say, since my name wouldn't be the one signing up for the payments, but it sounds like it would be a good investment for you. If it won't put you in a bind financially, I think you would be very happy with it. Folks I know that went from open station to cab said they couldn't imagine being without one after getting one.
I worry a lot. Never know what my health will do and honestly what my full time job will do even with 22 years in. Never know what is best to do.

I'll be the lone dissenter here.

There are lots of things I want that I can't afford. That kind of debt for a cab is a huge red flag. Sure we all like to be cool and dry but I'll take being undeholden to the man all day long over those things.