Question for Administrator

Help Support CattleToday:

Funny you said that Eric, I've kinda been wondering about some of the regulars on this board-how they got started and some short stories on their successes and failures.

Nope I don't have that much experience (I prefer that term rather then old). I'm sure there are at least several others that are my age or older. I do get senior discounts at some places that don't even give senior discounts, but I'm young for my age. Used to be over 5'10", now I stretch to make 5'8". Some parts are white as fishes belly, other parts are easily mistaken for other races.
I've just been at this for a long enough time that I've either made the mistakes myself or have seen others make them. Ran significant numbers of cattle in the past, now I'm retired to being a gentleman farmer. Well not really much of gentleman, more of a crotchity old man. I do enjoy helping younger folks, and I don;t get offended if they don't pay attention.
Working with the cows and having heart surgery have kept me younger then my years. But winters make me feel ancient. A kid a while back told me he thought I was only in my late fifties and I almost kissed him.
Now that we've done that, lets get back to the real subjects at hand-cows!
Many years ago my sister asked my mother what birthday bothered her the most. She said "The first one I won't have". I like that idea.

dun

D.R. Cattle":1q7rjx1t said:
I don't picture him being that old, but everything else yes. I thnk he just wants all of us to think he's old.

Moved here from the desert so we could have a milder climate. But we've talked of moving to Alabama or Mississippi, but I'm leaning towards back to the desert.

dun

D.R. Cattle":2k97fh4g said:
Hey Dun you ever thought about moving South. WInters are feeling pretty darn good down here!

dun":2s6qdpnh said:
A kid a while back told me he thought I was only in my late fifties
dun

that would have been my guess, too. you kind of remind me of my dad (mid-50s) in a lot of the things you say & your experience (except he doesn't use computers). you seem to be less drawn into some of the discussions (arguments?). i try to stay out most of the time as well, but it's kind of easy to get sucked in.

I have the same problem, but sometimes I get my back up and I just have to poke a stick into it

dun

txag":3th58iuh said:
dun":3th58iuh said:
A kid a while back told me he thought I was only in my late fifties
dun

that would have been my guess, too. you kind of remind me of my dad (mid-50s) in a lot of the things you say & your experience (except he doesn't use computers). you seem to be less drawn into some of the discussions (arguments?). i try to stay out most of the time as well, but it's kind of easy to get sucked in.

Hello, I joined this forum a few days ago. Seems like a good place to visit with like minded people. I am still trying to figure out how the boards work, and how to find subjects I am interested it. But guess I will get the hang of it soon enought.

My question is to the administrator. Many posters have pictures attached to their names. Believe those are called avitars. How are they attached to the posts? Can anyone have an avitar?

cherokeeruby":w6992vwr said:
My question is to the administrator. Many posters have pictures attached to their names. Believe those are called avitars. How are they attached to the posts? Can anyone have an avitar?

not an administrator, but maybe this will help.......

If you click in your profile at the top of the screen, it will call up your profile sheet. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a section that has to do with avatars. click on the Browse box and locate the picture you want as displayed. Double click the picture and it will be made into your avatar.

txag":2lq3jtgb said:
cherokeeruby":2lq3jtgb said:

If you click in your profile at the top of the screen, it will call up your profile sheet. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a section that has to do with avatars. click on the Browse box and locate the picture you want as displayed. Double click the picture and it will be made into your avatar.

Ok, will try that, thanks. Not sure how to reply trying this to see if it works.

cherokeeruby":9a93ahm4 said:
txag":9a93ahm4 said:
cherokeeruby":9a93ahm4 said:

Ok, will try that, thanks. Not sure how to reply trying this to see if it works.

Think I uploaded picture, this post is a test to see if it worked.

Latest posts