Purebred Angus bulls without papers

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
Hardly jealous. We have great facilities and very good commercial cattle. I consider myself lucky to have this life and blessed beyond measure to even be a part of it.

Your infamous SAV America could very well have been conceived in my chute. And that's all I got to say about that.

I didn't know you owned him, nor that he was infamous.

I didn't say anything about owning him. You sure have a way of putting words in ones mouth. Don't have enough room in yours?

Several SAV cattle are flushed in our "top of the line facility" because our chute is lined with gold. An ol' cattle tale, that those bred within gold lines chutes have a better conception rate. (This is how ridiculous you make things sound)

And infamous because your thread tainted his reputation.

************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
************* said:
You're making assumptions. I respect most people on this board. I have no respect for "holier than thou" people. You seem to believe you're smarter, bigger, and brighter than anyone else on this board. If it weren't for cattlemen, there wouldn't be a seedstock business to this degree.

You think the hits are helping you and you can talk out your mouth all you want, your foot better be clean cuz you'll be tasting it.

You talk about natural heats but have your cows in collars. And if I remember correctly, your first post you discussed AI issues? What were your percentages that stuck again?

I have the collars so they can be bred naturally without stuffing them full of shots. If you read about them you will see heat detection is only a small part of what they accomplish.

Let me say this, NEVER have I spoken with Square B, Schaff, Herbster, Spruce Mountain or any other operator and they come back with a jealous tone. They aren't jealous, not even minutely. They are happy that things are going well, and ask how they can help us expand further.

If you had a new Elation calf before me, and I was aware of it, I would be on the phone with you saying "Hot da.mn!, that's great news tell me about your new calf"

You just sound bitter

I purposely did not post the photo of the calf because I knew there would be nothing but negative comments, with you probably leading the charge telling me that the calf was deformed or it must be a cross breed because it doesn't look Angus enough for you. Some stupidy like that.

Back up boys.. It's not every day you get to watch a good cat fight!

Thanks best, just wanted to know my place, lol, maybe next time i'll take off my pajamas and get a Sam's card. :tiphat:

NEFarmwife said:
************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
And infamous because your thread tainted his reputation.

Seriously?, he's being talked about worldwide, he is famous, do you think my piddly little operation hurt his reputation in the least?

My opinions of him are about the same as a gnat on an elephant's azz. You must think CT is the authority for the cattle biz.

I've said nothing but positive things about SAV and pretty much every other top program. It's some folks on here that are badmouthing SAV, it's sure NOT me!

************* said:
True Grit Farms said:
You might be on to something Branded, we have one calf that's weak and is being bottle fed. The cow has been a good one, at the top of her class for 8 calves, she'll make someone a good cow.
Branded, it's not what your saying isn't true, but you should mind your own dang business. We went to the Sheriff department to file an animal cruelty report a couple of years ago. Once we found out the story I helped haul and sell the old man's cows. I ended up buying 20 of them through the ring trying to help hold the price. I still have 6 of those cows in my herd.

Some people need to know when to throw in the towel, even though it's not a pleasant end.

Every time I'm at the feed store I see the bags of powdered milk on the deck or someone is buying them at the counter. I would rather the cow raise the calf instead of me, she will do a better job.
We're not in any condition to hold a calf up and let it nurse. We got mom's colostrum in the calf and 2 feedings. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get into a normal routine. You've never had any bottle calves?

jehosofat said:
I'm thinking CG8 moved to Kentucky and got trapped in a mans body. :lol:

That is funny stuff there! :clap: :banana: :banana: Many similarities. I wonder if there have been any cougar sightings lately.

bigbluegrass said:
jehosofat said:
I'm thinking CG8 moved to Kentucky and got trapped in a mans body. :lol:

That is funny stuff there! :clap: :banana: :banana: Many similarities. I wonder if there have been any cougar sightings lately.

They moving to Ky as we speak, them high dollar calves are in trouble. All fat and all, won't be able to run to fast. :lol:

The mud isn't going to help with tracking those cougars either. Since they can levitate and all.

Keep your eyes open for bat s*** on logs, that's pretty good cougar sign.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Mysterious-attack-claims-lives-of-6-llamas-near-Kentucky-zoo-506034281.html

True Grit Farms said:
************* said:
True Grit Farms said:
You might be on to something Branded, we have one calf that's weak and is being bottle fed. The cow has been a good one, at the top of her class for 8 calves, she'll make someone a good cow.
Branded, it's not what your saying isn't true, but you should mind your own dang business. We went to the Sheriff department to file an animal cruelty report a couple of years ago. Once we found out the story I helped haul and sell the old man's cows. I ended up buying 20 of them through the ring trying to help hold the price. I still have 6 of those cows in my herd.

Some people need to know when to throw in the towel, even though it's not a pleasant end.

Every time I'm at the feed store I see the bags of powdered milk on the deck or someone is buying them at the counter. I would rather the cow raise the calf instead of me, she will do a better job.
We're not in any condition to hold a calf up and let it nurse. We got mom's colostrum in the calf and 2 feedings. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get into a normal routine. You've never had any bottle calves?

No, but a lot of people around here raise them.

Have we had to bottle feed any? Not for a very long time.

************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
************* said:
Seriously?, he's being talked about worldwide, he is famous, do you think my piddly little operation hurt his reputation in the least?

My opinions of him are about the same as a gnat on an elephant's azz. You must think CT is the authority for the cattle biz.

I've said nothing but positive things about SAV and pretty much every other top program. It's some folks on here that are badmouthing SAV, it's sure NOT me!
Everything you said above is true. However if Kelly reviewed everything that you've posted about SAV I'd guess that he'd respectfully ask you to desist..

bigbluegrass said:
https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Mysterious-attack-claims-lives-of-6-llamas-near-Kentucky-zoo-506034281.html

That's really BAD! Coyotes are thick here, but I think dogs that form packs because the owners let them run wild is a much bigger problem.

People around here usually don't think twice about shooting a dog walking through their cattle.

I've thought about buying a couple of Kurdish Kangal dogs and a Great Pyrenees with spiked collars to raise from puppies with the herd. The old cows probably would not care for them, but if the calves and heifers grew up with them it would probably work. I like the idea of the calves having some serious protection against black vultures, coyotes, and dogs running loose.

bigbluegrass said:
Ebenezer said:
Ebenezer, don't you think it is amazing that breeds of cattle were developed without EPDs and DNA testing! Can you imagine the first angus cattle coming into existence without ANY DNA testing or EPDs. There is no way that could ever happen. It must be a fable from a child's book!
What I have learned the most: two places in KY to not buy cattle.

This is the same thing I learned! :cboy:
Same here!

Lazy M said:
************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
Everything you said above is true. However if Kelly reviewed everything that you've posted about SAV I'd guess that he'd respectfully ask you to desist..

How about I simply go mute on the subject?

I've shared real world info on some newer bulls we use with reg numbers and pics. Some folks like to see that, some people want to see the calves, but not on CT, it's called bragging here. It's not hard to stop sharing info on these calves and combinations. You all have a problem with Angus breeders coming off as elite and standoffish , but get upset when one shares real info with you. I see now why most don't say a thing, except for their salebook and website. Why bother, like Bright Raven said earlier.

No worries moving forward, I won't mention what we have on the ground or on the way, or for that matter what sires we will be using in 2019. People who really want to know can send me a PM, as some have already. I won't trouble the rest of you guys.

This should go a long ways in cooling things down here.

************* said:
Lazy M said:
************* said:
How about I simply go mute on the subject?

I've shared real world info on some newer bulls we use with reg numbers and pics. Some folks like to see that, some people want to see the calves, but not on CT, it's called bragging here. It's not hard to stop sharing info on these calves and combinations. You all have a problem with Angus breeders coming off as elite and standoffish , but get upset when one shares real info with you. I see now why most don't say a thing, except for their salebook and website. Why bother, like Bright Raven said earlier.

No worries moving forward, I won't mention what we have on the ground or on the way, or for that matter what sires we will be using in 2019. People who really want to know can send me a PM, as some have already. I won't trouble the rest of you guys.

This should go a long ways in cooling things down here.

Don't quit on my account.. maybe it's time we learned what Bar23's thoughts are? :cowboy:

Never had a problem with you sharing what you had, it's the constant bragging that's the big turnoff. A little humility goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts