Protein tubs - are they worth the money?

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching":22p5vcvs said:
Bad joke, especially coming from Canada. Bad feed has cost us all a lot.

Not a joke mnm - before I knew enough to buy mineral based on feed analysis and local deficiencies I bought tubs - one shipment got held up at the border ( most supplements,replacer etc comes from U.S. ) due to feather content.

I believe the feathers are a common ingredient in the tubs.

ALX

Tubs are the most expensive protein supplement a man can put out for his cattle, however, at least some are better than others. Avoid any "poured tubs". Most of these are just what they say....you stir and pour....If you want quality tubs buy a "cooked tub". A large percentage of the moisture is cooked out of the molasses and at least you aren't buying water. And most are more palatable. Most are much lower consumption but when you're feeding junky hay in winter any added protein helps mama make milk. And the good ones are highly fortified. Crystalix, MLS, and some others are very good. TSC tubs (as well as their bagged feed) are junk so I'd avoid them regardless of the cheap price.

ALX, in 2004 sometime or early 2005, feed rite quit with importing tubs with chicken feather.
our cows love the feed rite tubs. Especially the all natural.
They did not like the cheap ones in the red bucket.

We use the BioRemedies cooked molasses mineral tubs. They are 125# size. When grass is dormant we use the 30% tubs, in grass season we use a 2% tub. These tubs are licked and after cattle finish with one they are so clean you could almost eat out of one yourself.

We also use the BioRemedies "Remuda" tubs for horses which are 10% protein.

All of the BioRemedies products are clinically formulated by a nutritional chemist and contain antioxidants and other specialty items for a complete mineral package.

With these products, we have observed drastic improvement in our livestock's coat, condition, and horse hoof condition.

I'll be glad to give anyone more information and/or source of these products if you'll PM or Email me. I would also need to know what State you are in regarding a supply source.

Latest posts