Rio max tubs

Help Support CattleToday:

$470 plus or minus. A young man at the sale barn swears by them. He said the cows will only lick on them for a couple minutes and that is why you need less of them. He claims he went from feeding 10 rolls of hay a week to 4 with no loss of condition. He is one of those with a video testimonial on their website. We get along well so I don't think he would tell me a line of bull but I am a skeptic and a tight wad and have not tried any.

He says and the website does the same, that if consumption is higher than what they state, they will give you another tub.

The price is proportional to a regular tub based off consumption if it is actually concentrated.

Their rates better be right or it's going to be an expensive experiment.
That's what I was thinking too. I'm usually ready to try anything but that's an expensive experiment.
$470 plus or minus. A young man at the sale barn swears by them. He said the cows will only lick on them for a couple minutes and that is why you need less of them. He claims he went from feeding 10 rolls of hay a week to 4 with no loss of condition. He is one of those with a video testimonial on their website. We get along well so I don't think he would tell me a line of bull but I am a skeptic and a tight wad and have not tried any.

He says and the website does the same, that if consumption is higher than what they state, they will give you another tub.
If the hay/forage usage reductions are true, the tub price would be worth it. The website claims 15-30% less feed, that's a bold statement. Your friends claim is outstanding, if true. I don't mean any disrespect when I say that.

To cut hay consumption by 60% there better be some grazing available to the cows, if not the cost will be way higher than the cost of tubs, condition, weak calves, delayed rebreeding$$$

To cut hay consumption by 60% there better be some grazing available to the cows, if not the cost will be way higher than the cost of tubs, condition, weak calves, delayed rebreeding$$$
I agree. I've seen tubs or molasses cut hay consumption but it was because they were using more poor quality forage so the additional hay was not needed. Not sure how they could cut both.

I agree. I've seen tubs or molasses cut hay consumption but it was because they were using more poor quality forage so the additional hay was not needed. Not sure how they could cut both.
Riomax claims its microbes increase rumen efficiency so they more completely digest their feed, causing them to need less. But I don't think Riomax claims anywhere near a 60 percent reduction. They claim a turd from a cow on Riomax will weigh significantly less by volume than a cow not on it. I suppose there could be something to it, but I feel like I will let others prove / disprove the value of the product.

Riomax claims its microbes increase rumen efficiency so they more completely digest their feed, causing them to need less. But I don't think Riomax claims anywhere near a 60 percent reduction. They claim a turd from a cow on Riomax will weigh significantly less by volume than a cow not on it. I suppose there could be something to it, but I feel like I will let others prove / disprove the value of the product.
Let me see where a dealer is. I'll try it.

I'll have to do some thinking on how to test it

I've always thought that the rumen microbes needed protein to increase numbers to digest low quality roughage/feed, and that the increased digestion rate led to increased feed consumption.

I've looked at the information Riomi has put out but never seen anything that inspired me to try it out.

I've always thought that the rumen microbes needed protein to increase numbers to digest low quality roughage/feed, and that the increased digestion rate led to increased feed consumption.

I've looked at the information Riomi has put out but never seen anything that inspired me to try it out.
Well for me at this point I would rather just provide a mineral with an ionophore as the science is settled there.

It's so hard to test this stuff because for the average person it's near impossible to prove it out in the pasture. There are too many variables. A lot of the conception rates and things can all be true but that's only if you are already doing some thing wrong that is not working.

We need a Mythbusters of sorts for these products.

Latest posts