Auto-Max solar feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

Lisagrantb

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or used this feeder, looking for any input. It will be used for feeding weaned calves and backgrounding. Trying to cut my work load down and get setup for years to come when I may not be physically able to sling feed around.

Attachments

• 99466D4E-BC6B-4753-8173-6A4D7E125677.jpeg
    99466D4E-BC6B-4753-8173-6A4D7E125677.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 18
It holds 2.5 tons of your favorite feed and dispenses any amount you want up to 26 times a day. It's a programmable automatic feeder that's totally self contained. Put a couple tons in it, set it, and go about your day. The company has been building these for 15 years and they don't know of any that are no longer in service, so they say. Was wanting some first hand knowledge about them is all.

When you put pencil to paper it pencils out for me anyway.

I have to drive 71 miles round trip to feed everyday, I only feed once a day and depending on what's going on it may be at anytime during the day or night. I usually feed around 3-400lbs a day in rain sleet or snow. There's wear on me, equipment, the pasture and the calves especially when it's been raining for weeks.

This allows me to feed twice a day on a set schedule and cuts the work for me the equipment and everything else by 75%. I will probably only go up there every third day and before you say omg you need to be looking at your cows every day my father-in-law lives a mile down the road, has raised tens of thousands of cattle in his life and drives by every morning and evening checking them.

I've looked at those. They seem to be ready good but they wanted $11300 for one.

I know a man with a dairy. Had an automatic grain feeder. Somehow something broke and it just kept dumping grain out. Of course the cows ate the grain. A lot of it. Killed over three quarters of the herd.

Latest posts