Producers Panic as Ethanol Mandate Loses Support

Help Support CattleToday:

ibetyamissedme":1mgvny9i said:
jedstivers":1mgvny9i said:
ibetyamissedme":1mgvny9i said:
Liz corn is $146 per ton, ddgs are $192 per ton. My guess is those ddgs are higher priced than corn because of the over supply brought on by the ethanol mandate.
Over supply works the other way, the more there is of something the cheaper it becomes. Ddg is still high because someone will pay that price for it.
Sarcasim jed but I am poor at.
10-4, sorry about that.

I don't care about feed prices . Maybe ill be able to use a chainsaw or weed eater for more than a year with out replacing the fuel lines.

Ethanol was a program bought and paid for like most bills.
Didn't matter if it was good for the country or not.
This country runs on a gallon of diesel a bale of cotton a bushel of wheat or corn all other prices follow.

ibetyamissedme":m40in4fk said:
JSCATTLE":m40in4fk said:
I don't care about feed prices . Maybe ill be able to use a chainsaw or weed eater for more than a year with out replacing the fuel lines.
You should buy better equipment, the next time I update I will give you my old stuff it is better than what you buy.
They don't make better than stihl . It's the neoprene fuel lines that go bad . Bad on boat motors too. And you can keep your junk . And you don't know what I buy jack ass .

NC Liz 2":22lfwcuc said:
FYI:
Definition of shared costs: Expenses that can be allocated to two or more departments or products on the basis of shared benefits.
Also see break even point
http://accountingexplained.com/manageri ... ion-method

About:
Liz corn is $146 per ton, ddgs are $192 per ton.
If that is true then they are fools!
Where are you getting you numbers?
Liz
You can't compare corn and DDG. They are totally different products serving totally different purposes in a ration. Not knowing this and how to feed it perhaps is why you have had such poor results with DDG and CGF. You know, white eyes, etc.

JSCATTLE":15p3tbga said:
ibetyamissedme":15p3tbga said:
JSCATTLE":15p3tbga said:
You should buy better equipment, the next time I update I will give you my old stuff it is better than what you buy.
They don't make better than stihl . It's the neoprene fuel lines that go bad . Bad on boat motors too. And you can keep your junk . And you don't know what I buy jack ass .
I've never had fuel line trouble with either of my Stihl chainsaws, but have had fuel line problems with their weedeater/brush cutter. Seems like when they get down to smaller line ID, the problems start.

JSCATTLE":xnsn6bmg said:
ibetyamissedme":xnsn6bmg said:
JSCATTLE":xnsn6bmg said:
Like I said when I upgrade I will give you my old stuff, it is trouble free unlike the stuff you buy. Didn't take long for the name calling. I suppose it is my fault I'm being a big meanie again.

I feel corn was to high and the government has no right to subsidize anyone for anything. With that said the big companies are going to make a killing. The price food won't come down enough to matter if at all. And I for one would rather see the farmer make the money, instead of some share holder or politician.

They don't make better than stihl . It's the neoprene fuel lines that go bad . Bad on boat motors too. And you can keep your junk . And you don't know what I buy jack ass .[/quote]
Like I said when I upgrade I will give you my old stuff, it is trouble free unlike the stuff you buy. Didn't take long for the name calling. I suppose it is my fault I'm being a big meanie again.[/quote]
I just call it like I see it.you must be a corn farmer.

JSCATTLE":3oni0j3m said:
ibetyamissedme":3oni0j3m said:
Caustic Burno":3oni0j3m said:
Had problems with my Yamaha outboard.
I had problems with my power stroke.
You sound smart enough to put gas in a power stroke :lol2:
hey I'm not the one buying equipment that needs fixing ever year so clearly I'm a wee bit smarter than some other fellas.

ibetyamissedme":1ffcxf61 said:
So JSCattle because I'm able to use over 25 years of history to deny your claims that makes me a jackass?
No the way you talk to people like you are better or have better makes you a jack ass . And I don't give A damn what experience you claim ethanol is bad for outboards and small engines . And while we are at it drop some history on us about this subject because all I've seen you you say is I buy junk . And don't link government sites as your source because we all know they are biased .

Ethanol is the best thing to happen to rural America in a long, long time. Oil companies want to sell oil not corn by products.

The main reason corn prices went crazy last year is the drought, NOT ethanol.

Ethanol made from grain can be a very sustainable, useful tool.

I do not think we should increase beyond 10% for now but to eliminate ethanol plays right into the highly subsidized oil companies' lobbying plan.

Most gas stations I use also offer an ethanol free premium for lawn and garden equipment but most small engines are now designed to run on gas containing ethanol.

The "problem with a Yamaha outboard" is a small issue compared to the oil that ethanol has saved, and what it has done for much of rural America.

Small towns are revived, schools and houses built. The corn producer can drive down US Hwy 12 in SD and see on a large illuminated sign what the price of corn is and not dependent on railroad and barge shipped exports to the Far East or wherever...

Jim

Latest posts