Producers Panic as Ethanol Mandate Loses Support

Help Support CattleToday:

What about the subsidies paid to big oil? No one wants to bring this up when talking about ethanol. I am neither for, nor against ethanol, I am smart enough to see it is not the savior it was lauded as, but is not all bad either. I also don't understand how it is "forced consumption," if there are non-ethanol blends available at the gas pump, just for a higher price?

nkotb":1xq3lx2w said:
What about the subsidies paid to big oil? No one wants to bring this up when talking about ethanol. I am neither for, nor against ethanol, I am smart enough to see it is not the savior it was lauded as, but is not all bad either. I also don't understand how it is "forced consumption," if there are non-ethanol blends available at the gas pump, just for a higher price?

You really need to do some research on the subsidies you speak of as it is all energy eligible.
"Profit margins vary widely at the more than 200 ethanol plants in the country but in Midwest, where most plants are concentrated, the corn "crush" ranges from 70 cents to more than $1 per gallon of ethanol produced."
Average oil company profit margin is 6.7 cents on the dollar.
Something to read.
http://www.api.org/statistics/earnings/ ... ective.pdf
Be careful what you wish for as well the only way for your cost of fuel to go is up.
Then educate yourself with the EPA as in most area's of the country ethanol is mandated. There are not just three bleeds of gasoline but dozens mandated by the EPA. These bouquet blends are all that can be sold in certain containment areas.
In Texas alone you have different blends for the five counties around Houston as well counties around Dallas and San Antonio that differ from the rest of the state..

I am tired of playing this game back to deer hunting, cows and agitating TB.

nkotb":1p2g8he3 said:

O&G gets subsidies threw some industrial deal along with many others. This was discussed in the last 10 discussions we had about ethanol. You can't blame an O&G company for taking advantage of what is offered. O&G doesn't have the govt force people to use their product and they won't go out of business with out the subsidy.

Plus, At least O&G is actually a cheaper energy source. I don't believe in subsidies but if the govt must throw money away... throw it at some thing that actually works.

Also, O&G effects our economy way more than Ethanol. It has a way bigger economic footprint.

Caustic Burno":78vruzes said:
This is about taxes and lobbies nothing to do with energy as our energy policy is an absolute joke.
As in everything else follow the dollar to DC.
The three most ranted and regulated by our politicians the most heavily taxed, alcohol, tobacco,and oil.
They got sickness taxed and subsidized for some this year. They just haven't figured out a way to tax sex yet they are working on it rest assured.

Not so sure about that CB. We get a screwing everytime they tax us. :bang:

Latest posts