priced some cows

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well i finally broke down an called my buddy to price some cattle.while we was talking he says i know the cows your looking at.so i told him wich pages they was on.an he told me wich 4 cows they were.an i go how did you know wich cows.an he says i know the kind of cows you like an buy.i goes your right.he goes for the 4 ill take $1800ea.3 are bred cows an 1 is a pair.they are bred to cad jack an black granite.sure am tempted to get 2 of them.but think i may wait awhile an get a few more things done around here.

BB I don't have a clue about the type cows you like but saw some pretty darn good young brangus pairs sell for 1400 the other day. The calves looked to be only about 30 days old but they were really nice.

if you cant understand that.then im betting your brain isnt working good.bottomline the guy i buy cattle from knows the type of cattle that i like to buy.without me having to tell him.so he just says pick what i want 2 or 4 hd an what he wants for them.

sooknortex":190oq2q6 said:
Heck, I can't even understand what he's trying to say. That is the biggest bunch of jibberish that I believe I've ever tried to decipher.
:lol2: Well i have to admit BB i had to run over it a couple times myself. before it sunk in

well i know i dont say things an write things as good as some people here.but i do the best that i can.

bigbull338":10ks8zyl said:
well i know i dont say things an write things as good as some people here.but i do the best that i can.

You do fine...
If they dont want to read what you have to say the way you have to say it.
Well there is that new block or foe button...
I suggest they use it.

Are these reg or com cows?

they are reg cows.with the top bloodlines behind them.an they are worth the price.they are bred up right.i dont have any trouble selling the heifer calves at weaning.an they are mostly all 4yr olds.

bigbull338":27wbzc7m said:
well i finally broke down an called my buddy to price some cattle.while we was talking he says i know the cows your looking at.so i told him wich pages they was on.an he told me wich 4 cows they were.an i go how did you know wich cows.an he says i know the kind of cows you like an buy.i goes your right.he goes for the 4 ill take $1800ea.3 are bred cows an 1 is a pair.they are bred to cad jack an black granite.sure am tempted to get 2 of them.but think i may wait awhile an get a few more things done around here.

Looks good to me. Ol' Sooknortex probably ain't got his specs on anyway. :cowboy:

bigbull338":1bzee4sz said:
they are reg cows.with the top bloodlines behind them.an they are worth the price.they are bred up right.i dont have any trouble selling the heifer calves at weaning.an they are mostly all 4yr olds.

Buy em.
Good cows that are proven workers that fit in your herd.
Well they are hard to come by.
Junk sells cheap all the time.
Good animals take some time and some cash.

I'm assuming their beefmasters? That seems a little high priced to me. Most of the 2 yr old pairs at the sale I went to a couple weeks ago went in the $1500 range.

yes they are proven reg beefmasters.the 4 i bought last year cost me $1500ea.the prices arnt high.1 is an excite out of spring fever.she is a red an white paint type cow.the next 1 is a dark red grand cherokee.shes bred to kentucky cotton.3 is sugar jean bred to cadillic jack a black jack son.she goes back to grand cherokee and a granddaughter of red sugar.the cows are all 4 to 5yrs old.they all are worth $1800 a hd/pair.

bigbull338":2diq24m0 said:
yes they are proven reg beefmasters.the 4 i bought last year cost me $1500ea.the prices arnt high.1 is an excite out of spring fever.she is a red an white paint type cow.the next 1 is a dark red grand cherokee.shes bred to kentucky cotton.3 is sugar jean bred to cadillic jack a black jack son.she goes back to grand cherokee and a granddaughter of red sugar.the cows are all 4 to 5yrs old.they all are worth $1800 a hd/pair.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Registered pairs for $1800 :)

ALACOWMAN":1jxr2rxc said:
sooknortex":1jxr2rxc said:
Heck, I can't even understand what he's trying to say. That is the biggest bunch of jibberish that I believe I've ever tried to decipher.
:lol2: Well i have to admit BB i had to run over it a couple times myself. before it sunk in

Alls ya gotta do is put a Texas accent to the words 'n everythin' makes all the sence in the world. If'n he was talkin' it in person, prolly wouldda takin' 'bout five minutes to say 'cause they were a heapa words he wrote. ;-)

Jovid":24qj8hzu said:
bigbull338":24qj8hzu said:

Sounds like a good deal to me. Registered pairs for $1800 :)

They are Beefmasters, a friend of mine has a herd of good one's, been around awhile, and fairly well known. I went to a Futurity with them last year ( in Joplin) and the Bulls went for about 1200 on average. The winners were in the low 2000 if I remember right. If I am wrong please correct me. Any way I went to a Gelbvieh Balancer sale a few weeks later and the high ones were 3500. Average was around 2200. I like the looks of the Beefys :heart: , but they are big. :( Hoofs & all. Very good temperments. :)

Bigbull, you sure sound excited. The big sale in sulphur springs is coming up in May, you going? I'm saving my pennies and sure hope to pick a few. $1800 is a decent price for young well bred cow. Good luck.

Latest posts