Prenancy Test

Help Support CattleToday:

I checked out the biotracking link -- I'm going to try it.
In talking with the tech and asking the question about a simple ept test for bovine - he said cattle do not pee out or eliminate with a specific hormone like woman do - but there is a protein present in the blood - blood is drawn from the tail.

I should have my pkg in a few days - I'll gather the girls and commence to poken' them in the tail - we'll see what results we get.

coolpop":36dy0jkk said:
I checked out the biotracking link -- I'm going to try it.
In talking with the tech and asking the question about a simple ept test for bovine - he said cattle do not pee out or eliminate with a specific hormone like woman do - but there is a protein present in the blood - blood is drawn from the tail.

I should have my pkg in a few days - I'll gather the girls and commence to poken' them in the tail - we'll see what results we get.

Looks pretty good is the cost truly $2.25 per head, assuming I collect the samples? Did the tech confirm this price?

Thanks,
Alan

the tech is sending me a test kit for 10 cows cost $15 - that includes the tubes to collect the blood samples, shipping label and testing. You can check the labs that participate by clicking on the partnership tab - there are labs in Canada, PA, TX, etc.

Latest posts