Prayer request please.

Help Support CattleToday:

Was in town today to get some meds for Nikki and I brought her along (of course) weighed her on their scale and she has gained a kilo and a half in 8 days . :banana: Just praying that she continues to improve and does not slide back again as we have been here before with her weight loss and gain . :(

So now we are getting the consult and biopsy appointment scheduled and she needs another bile acid test in the mean time to see if her diet has had any change on things . Judging by how well she feels I am hoping there is a change for the positive and I know for a fact everyone's prayers and positive thoughts for her are making an amazing healing effect, if not just giving her the will to keep fighting .

THANK YOU ALL ! ♥

Nikki's ultra sound at the CARE centre in Calgary yesterday did reveal that she has a Congenital portosystemic extrahepatic shunt which means she has had it since birth and it is considered a birth defect and can be hereditary . After doing significant reading different studies about it , all the signs have been there since she was a puppy but were missed because of her FH problems . She is scheduled for surgery on March 21st , the procedure Dr Connery will be doing is the Cellophane banding of CPSS . BTW if you think your pet is acting off and are concerned, or if you are getting a procedure done and ask for blood work make sure you ask for a bile acid work up as well as that is not a standard test . It will alert them and you if your dogs liver is working properly .
We greatly appreciate the continued prayers for Nikki as this is a risky procedure ,but we hope and pray it is the right decision for her to have a long and healthy life with us .

For anyone interested in doing some "light" reading ;-) here is the latest study that I could find about portosystemic shunts .
http://igitur-archive.library.uu.nl/dis ... meling.pdf

Thank you all for your prayers and support ! :heart:

I commend you, HD, for all the time/$$/angst you are putting yourself through to help your canine family member that is invested in your love. I sure hope everything goes well for Nikki. We say prayers for people and critters, and are saying them for you.

Kathie in Thorp":30db8fit said:
I commend you, HD, for all the time/$$/angst you are putting yourself through to help your canine family member that is invested in your love. I sure hope everything goes well for Nikki. We say prayers for people and critters, and are saying them for you.

Thank you Kathie , this little girl means the world to us . Just pray that we get to bring home a healthy happy Nikki and the surgery is a success. We are grateful that with a some sacrifices we are able to come up with the extensive coinage for a procedure like this . But finally getting a holiday after 12 years is overrated anyways.. Right ???? ;-)

hillsdown":2i4h61ed said:
Kathie in Thorp":2i4h61ed said:

Thank you Kathie , this little girl means the world to us . Just pray that we get to bring home a healthy happy Nikki and the surgery is a success. We are grateful that with a some sacrifices we are able to come up with the extensive coinage for a procedure like this . But finally getting a holiday after 12 years is overrated anyways.. Right ???? ;-)
You are spending your time as you need to. A holiday is always good . . . it's not always convenient. :)

Hubby has a weekend away coming up, while I stay w/ cattle and puppies and bottle calf. And if I had a chance to get away, hubby would do it all. When we both need to be here, to support each other, we are.

Latest posts