Please brag about your children here.

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky":1bh3pdwz said:
She is a very talented and pretty woman. Only reason I can see for someone to talk about her looks is jealousy.
She's a girl shooter in a boy dominated game.. and she beats them....lol

Bright Raven":1q4l4ryu said:
I doubt they were criticizing her physical appearance. I suspect if it was a Shooting Sport publication, some writter was criticizing her form and style.
I wished I could remember which forum it was....she said they called her a heifer...It was a forum, and we all know how some people can be on them...lol

cowgirl8":1olql20v said:
Bright Raven":1olql20v said:
I doubt they were criticizing her physical appearance. I suspect if it was a Shooting Sport publication, some writter was criticizing her form and style.
I wished I could remember which forum it was....she said they called her a heifer...It was a forum, and we all know how some people can be on them...lol

My bad - I thought it said publication. Sometimes they write a critique about the higher level competitor.

Shyt- no one puts substance in a forum.

My little girl, 13 yrs old. Just started riding this horse a year ago after a year or two of riding ponies and plugs. I can't believe how far she's come.
31178295_10157978140477837_3969757758235869184_n.jpg

My wife, daughter and myself are heading to San Antonio next week for my son's graduation from Army AIT training as a combat medic. This is a kid that hated school and only seemed to keep his grades up so he could play football. He decided to enlist because we all thought, including him, that he needed the discipline. He's really buckled down. He was a 280+ lb offensive and defensive lineman in high school. He dropped 40+ lbs just to get them to look at him and now he's down to around 220 lbs. He's using brains he never used before and seems to be really doing well. We are so excited for him.

AZAggie":3sea054z said:
My wife, daughter and myself are heading to San Antonio next week for my son's graduation from Army AIT training as a combat medic. This is a kid that hated school and only seemed to keep his grades up so he could play football. He decided to enlist because we all thought, including him, that he needed the discipline. He's really buckled down. He was a 280+ lb offensive and defensive lineman in high school. He dropped 40+ lbs just to get them to look at him and now he's down to around 220 lbs. He's using brains he never used before and seems to be really doing well. We are so excited for him.

Got one of those combat medics in my lot as well. Congrats! You should be proud as that AIT is not an easy one!

He's at Bullis right now in fact. This is the last bit of training before graduation. I think they finish there either tomorrow or Thursday. Tell your son we are proud of him as well and thank him for his service. Anyone who volunteers to join the military, especially in this day and age, needs to be commended.

My aunt brags on her grandkids so much that it gets old, but I'll give it a go since the thread does ask.

My daughter Just completed her sophomore year of college with a 4.0. She works at a department store when not in school and made an assist. Manager in two weeks. She doesn't drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

My son is soon to be 17 with 4.0 in high school and also does not drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

Neither have given me the first hint of trouble in school or elsewhere. Up to this point, people always talked about what a handful teens are. I haven't seen it. They are like being around a couple of 30 year old adults.

herofan":244d6009 said:
My aunt brags on her grandkids so much that it gets old, but I'll give it a go since the thread does ask.

My daughter Just completed her sophomore year of college with a 4.0. She works at a department store when not in school and made an assist. Manager in two weeks. She doesn't drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

My son is soon to be 17 with 4.0 in high school and also does not drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

Neither have given me the first hint of trouble in school or elsewhere. Up to this point, people always talked about what a handful teens are. I haven't seen it. They are like being around a couple of 30 year old adults.
Do you reckon they had good home training?

Ryder":2t30qg4f said:
herofan":2t30qg4f said:

Do you reckon they had good home training?

I would like to think so. I tried my best to "raise 'em right," but I have to give them a lot of credit. They accepted it and chose that lifestyle. They never went through a rebel period where they thought I was uncool or stupid; we've always been very close.

Attended graduation yesterday for my son in San Antonio. He's now officially a combat medic. Super proud dad here!!! We will be taking him to his next post Monday.

herofan":2hwzuog3 said:

Congratulations. I think your experience is uncommon. Unfortunately, I know so many parents whose kids did not make their life that easy.

I was really impressed with my daughter yesterday. I got home around 7 and saw that a cow I had penned up by herself had broken through a gate and was roaming. I got on our gator and was looking around and I texted her and told her what I was doing. She went out on foot and called me and said she found some hoofprints and by the time I got back to her she was hot on her trail. These prints were not very obvious. It was starting to get dark but by the light of the gator we tracked her almost a mile. We came up to our nieghbor who said he had seen her heading towards another nieghbor so we went that way and sure enough she was penned up there, he saw her and let her in his pasture. I was really impressed with my daughter's tracking of the hoofprints, they were so subtle I totally missed them.

Bright Raven":3smxixmu said:
herofan":3smxixmu said:

Congratulations. I think your experience is uncommon. Unfortunately, I know so many parents whose kids did not make their life that easy.

I truly am thankful.

I have two sons. Oldest will be 40 this Sept. He went to the Air Force from high school and was a crew chief on a C-130. Today, he runs a computerized plasma table for a company that makes heating/air conditioning ducting. He and his wife have made a safe, loving home for 3 little adopted girls. My youngest son graduated from K-State with a major in Ag Econ and a minor in Spanish. He's an EMT, a deputy Sheriff and will soon be a Second Lieutenant in the Army National Guard. He's married and they had a little boy yesterday. I couldn't be more proud of my two sons and my grandchildren. God has blessed us.

Latest posts