Prayer request please.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I have a huge favour to ask of all my CT friends and family . Can you please keep our little Nikki (who lights up our lives with love and joy each day) in your prayers and those that do not believe please send healing positive vibes/thoughts her way .We just received some devastating news this morning that she has gone into liver failure . Will know more next week after more tests, biopsies and ultra sounds are done but right now we truly need a miracle . Thank you ♥

She may just be a 3 year old border collie but she is a huge part of our lives and I am absolutely heart broken that we may be losing her so soon . This news has come out of no where ,definitely not something we could have even have begun to imagine her going through.

I don't know what I did to pee off God and karma lately but sure wish to heaven that I could fix it .

Got my prayers, I love my dogs and know how hard this must be.

Take care,
Alan

Prayers and positive thoughts on their way from Va. My sister's Cairn Terrier had gone into liver failure a few years ago (at the age of 2). I don't remember the exact cause/issue, but after some time at Va Tech and a sugery and meds, that has been one happy and healthy little dog! I wish the same for your Nikki.

Katherine

Hillsdown i am so sorry to hear about Nikki. Do you have the ability to get her to a Vetrinary teaching hospital. If so that might be the best course of action.

Of course you know we wish you and her the best. Please keep us apraised of her condition!

HD,

Hopefully you will get some better news. Some positives to think about: she is young, which is in her favor; the liver can regenerate when insulted unlike some other organs, which is in her favor and miracles happen, which is in all of our favor.

Wishing you the best.

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers .
Nikki actually slept not bad last night the first real sleep in almost 5 days , so I finally got some sleep as well. She is a little perkier today , and is eating her special liver diet food. Had to make it myself as the canned and kibble they sent home she will not touch. Instead of a high protein diet with good fats and carbs she is now on a low protein fat free diet with mainly only carbs. Hard for her to adjust when she is a meat girl . Tomorrow is a holiday so we will being doing the biopsy and ultra sound on Tues and then go form there. I have made arrangements to get her into ICU asap if she starts deteriorating , but am praying that it will not come to that and so far she is holding her own .

Thanks again ,I really appreciate it and all of the pm's as well .

I have her blood work on PDF so cannot post it on here but if anyone with a medical background would like to look at it I can email it to you as well as the new work being done this week. The more experts handling her case and coming up with different options the better .

hillsdown":1j89jvm6 said:
Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers .
Nikki actually slept not bad last night the first real sleep in almost 5 days , so I finally got some sleep as well. She is a little perkier today , and is eating her special liver diet food. Had to make it myself as the canned and kibble they sent home she will not touch. Instead of a high protein diet with good fats and carbs she is now on a low protein fat free diet with mainly only carbs. Hard for her to adjust when she is a meat girl . Tomorrow is a holiday so we will being doing the biopsy and ultra sound on Tues and then go form there. I have made arrangements to get her into ICU asap if she starts deteriorating , but am praying that it will not come to that and so far she is holding her own .

Thanks again ,I really appreciate it and all of the pm's as well .

I have her blood work on PDF so cannot post it on here but if anyone with a medical background would like to look at it I can email it to you as well as the new work being done this week. The more experts handling her case and coming up with different options the better .
Milkmaid ???

It is very painful when our little friends are not well. God bless.
CSM

Well 2 liver bile acid tests and an ultrasound later we still know absolutely ZERO ! The tests so far are inconclusive as to why she is in liver failure . All we know is that her liver is very tiny but shows no signs of cirrhosis . Next step , reevaluate with her team of veterinarians (we have 3 different clinics involved now) what we know and do not know , and then she will most likely need to go to Saskatoon to the University for a biopsy and a more extensive ultrasound . We are hoping she has a conjunctive portosystemic shunt and they can remove/repair it while in doing the biopsy and then in time her liver function should increase and she can lead a relatively normal ,long healthy life .

Thank you all for the continued positive thoughts and prayers . Nikki and I greatly appreciate them ♥

I do not have copies of her work yet but will forward them to everyone who is in the loop when I get them . Thanks

Nikki with her favorite hobby; one can never have to many balls to play with right . ;-)
551402_10200142172973781_1437706776_n_zps5276ef59.jpg

Haying last summer .
281740_2124550910063_7258924_n_zps1e1646d3.jpg

I missed this thread. HD, you have my thoughts and prayers as well. The thought of losing a dear friend and family member such as Nikki has got to be hard. I dread the thought of losing my dog and my shadow.

Jogeephus":w9gghpjl said:
I missed this thread. HD, you have my thoughts and prayers as well. The thought of losing a dear friend and family member such as Nikki has got to be hard. I dread the thought of losing my dog and my shadow.

Thank you Jo , we all really appreciate the prayers !

God brought Nikki into my life (our lives) for a reason I sure hope she is with us a lot longer as I just cannot fathom how life will be without her in it .

Latest posts