Please brag about your children here.

Help Support CattleToday:

I like reading about others kids..
We have 4 kids, all living in their own homes, with spouses and their children. None are smokers, no tattoos, no arrest records. All but one college educated and most off scholarships.. But that's not my bragging point. My bragging point is what people say about my kids. You are not going to find anyone who would bad mouth them. They were popular in school, and are admired in their adult lives.
I'd like to take credit, but I cant say what I did other than I kept them busy and I tried to stay a good roll model (which was so hard because I have a mouth like a sailor and so many things I learned growing up I had to stop)…. I think kids learn from watching, whether you think they watching are or not. They watch....

Son is a Graduate of Columbia University in New York City and was the President of the Columbia Debate Team. He was one of the top 16 debaters in the World (that tournament was in Greece). He was a top five debater in the US in High School, an Eagle Scout and a National Merit Finalist.

Daughter is on a full Presidential Scholarship at Alabama (with a 10k per year Speech stipend) she will graduate with a degree in Math and a Masters in Education in 4 years and it is only costing me her food and spending money (she is the good child :D)

Dogs and Cows":jxuu60hq said:
cowgirl8":jxuu60hq said:
I like reading about others kids..
We have 4 kids, all living in their own homes, with spouses and their children. None are smokers, no tattoos, no arrest records. All but one college educated and most off scholarships.. But that's not my bragging point. My bragging point is what people say about my kids. You are not going to find anyone who would bad mouth them. They were popular in school, and are admired in their adult lives.
I'd like to take credit, but I cant say what I did other than I kept them busy and I tried to stay a good roll model (which was so hard because I have a mouth like a sailor and so many things I learned growing up I had to stop)…. I think kids learn from watching, whether you think they watching are or not. They watch....

Welp, my son would give anyone the shirt off his back. He is kind, soft spoken, an excellent musician and serving in the Air Force Security Forces. He has a full arm tattoo...that has amazing art. Tattoos don't make someone, their actions and faith in God, Country, and Family do. Just saying.
Just stating that I had 4 kids without tattoos, what are the chances this day and age.. I though, relate tattoos to rebellious behavior. One of my kids was a jailer for a while and can testify that everyone locked in there had tattoos...…… Not saying everyone who has tattoos is bad, but bad people have tattoos...…..Just saying

I have two wonderful daughters, my oldest has given me the greatest joy in life, my 17 month old grandson. The youngest is in the Army, she has excelled at every stage in her military career so far, she will graduate from Auburn in 2.5 years and receive her commission as a 1st Lt

cowgirl8":2feke2j9 said:
Just stating that I had 4 kids without tattoos, what are the chances this day and age.. I though, relate tattoos to rebellious behavior. One of my kids was a jailer for a while and can testify that everyone locked in there had tattoos...…… Not saying everyone who has tattoos is bad, but bad people have tattoos...…..Just saying

All I can say is WOW . . . . . . . . really impressed that none of em smoke either. :clap: :clap:

Got two wonderful daughters that I am very proud of. One is a pharmacist, the other a petroleum land man (or would that be landlady). Both attended Texas A&M and the one that is a pharmacist about died when she learned that the only school of pharmacy in Texas at the time was at UT. But she survived. Both are great ladies, hard working, raising three children each, (do not smoke, lol) active in their church and school and I wouldn't change anything about them. The best thing I did was stay out of their way as much as possible as they were growing up but assure them I was there if they needed me.

2 great children.5 wonderful grandchildren.

My son married a wonderful wife.They have two boys. He's a supervisor at his job. Built a home on part of the farm.He helps me when he can as do the boys.Oldest one has a keen eye for cattle selection.Both do well in school.
My daughter is raising her son and two daughters in a small city about 80 miles from us.She works full time,takes classes to finish her degree and keeps busy with her children and their sports.They,too, do well in school.

Bestoutwest":2a11c29n said:
My son has a late birthday, so he started Kindergarten at 5 1/2. Went in and was testing at a second grade level on some things. They skipped him to 1st grade before he was 6. When he started second grade they recognized his academic ability and enrolled him in the G&T program. He was accepted and will be in it until graduation. He also decided to do an acting program through school and is very good with memorizing his lines, and does well with the public speaking portion. He tries sports, but he doesn't seem to be gifted that way. Maybe he'll find one he's really good at. At least he enjoys doing it.
I hope he is active in the National Speech and Debate League. My daughter's success there in high school and her grades and tests got her a full ride to college.

I could brag about nieces and nephews but that's about it. They are both city kids but come to visit often. Their parents have them glued to technology but when they get here they really enjoy themselves.

We got up early this morning to go pick up some hay out of the field ($3.50 a bale out of the field). The guy is an elder man, likely in his 70's, and his wife is frail. We usually just drive over and pick up, then pay him as we are driving out of the field. This morning, as we were finishing, the guy pulls out in the field with his small tractor and a small utility trailer. His wife was driving the tractor and he was slowly putting bales on the trailer. We finished getting out 130, and pulled up to the drive to strap them down. My kids asked if they could help the gentlemen pick up his hay while we strapped down the load. They filled his trailer (50 bales), then proceeded to back him into his barn and help him offload and store it in his barn. Hubby and I were long done, so we just sat in the shade and watched. We don't know this guy, and I was very proud that my kids took their own initiative to offer help to the couple. He had at least another 100 bales out there to pick up and put away, and I know he appreciated the help he got!

15gv6l0.jpg

Our load:
zbcxg.jpg

Our son was putting the bales on elevator, our daughter was in the loft stacking them:
28u63rb.jpg

Empty trailer.... job well done and much appreciated!
126d6hf.jpg

:heart: :tiphat:

sstterry":36rxxszq said:
I hope he is active in the National Speech and Debate League. My daughter's success there in high school and her grades and tests got her a full ride to college.

Not yet. He'll be entering the third grade next year, BUT! I will try to steer him in that direction later on. I see a lot of mistakes my folks made with me as a kid, and I'm looking to correct those. I feel like he's already on a better path.

Farm Fence Solutions":2fdlfhyo said:
cowgirl8":2fdlfhyo said:
This is our youngest daughter, although she's 30...
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bju0QW7net1 ... chmanmandy

It looks like her lifestyle change is suiting her well. She looks healthier, happier, and younger than she did a few years ago!
Since this is what she does for a living now, she can make time to workout. She was so active in high school that once out, it was a shock to her system, as it is to most youngsters. Then becoming a teacher where food is out all the time. She called me yesterday upset saying she's finally made it to the big time..lol... Apparently someone trashed her on her looks on some big gun forum. They even posted a before picture and what they thought was recent when in reality, the pictures were taken days apart. I feel its someone she beat, or, shes a girl in a boys game and she's good. We told her to never look at the gun forums and for sure dont answer them (Thats what they want). She was heartbroken though, as was i...

cowgirl8":1f6y8yds said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1f6y8yds said:
cowgirl8":1f6y8yds said:
This is our youngest daughter, although she's 30...
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bju0QW7net1 ... chmanmandy

It looks like her lifestyle change is suiting her well. She looks healthier, happier, and younger than she did a few years ago!
Since this is what she does for a living now, she can make time to workout. She was so active in high school that once out, it was a shock to her system, as it is to most youngsters. Then becoming a teacher where food is out all the time. She called me yesterday upset saying she's finally made it to the big time..lol... Apparently someone trashed her on her looks on some big gun forum. They even posted a before picture and what they thought was recent when in reality, the pictures were taken days apart. I feel its someone she beat, or, shes a girl in a boys game and she's good. We told her to never look at the gun forums and for sure dont answer them (Thats what they want). She was heartbroken though, as was i...

How does one trash her looks? She's absolutely gorgeous!

NEFarmwife":1vjtcnom said:
cowgirl8":1vjtcnom said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1vjtcnom said:

How does one trash her looks? She's absolutely gorgeous!
I have no idea and Thank you.... Back in the day when she was a diver for SMU, we were at a competition somewhere. On the off time we ran to a mall and she wore a hat. She was chased down by several people thinking she was Brittney spears...lol...She's always been beautiful...

She is a very talented and pretty woman. Only reason I can see for someone to talk about her looks is jealousy.

I doubt they were criticizing her physical appearance. I suspect if it was a Shooting Sport publication, some writter was criticizing her form and style.

Latest posts