Vest suggestions please!

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
I went by Rural King today on my way home to look for a vest, but they didn't have any. I just browsed on Carhartt's website, but don't know exactly what I want/need. I did like the one with the hood attached. Wednesday we'll be taking a heifer to the sale barn so I'll be able to stop thru Bucheitt on my way home to see what they have. But so far, it doesn't look like I have too much selection except for online.

Recommendations please on Brand? Style? Sizing? Etc. Etc. :help:

Thanks in advance
Justin

The only thing I make sure of is that it comes below my belt in the back. Cabelas used to have one that had a longish tail that was really good. That was 30 years ago so I'm sure it isn;t around anymore. I just threw mine away last year, thing was TOUGH

I have a Filson wool vest that I really like. They are a bit pricey but they wear like iron. I don't believe you can beat a tight weaved wool garment. They don't have a hood attached and I am not sure I would wear it as an outside layer but inside a coat it will sure keep you warm.

I'm wearing a carhaert right now. Can't say I hate it, cause I wear it about everyday. It is entirely too short though. When I retire this one, there'll never be another one. I mostly bought it as a jacket liner anyway, so I can't complain.

I've got a wool one I wear to rodeos. Can't tell you the name brand for sure, but Filson sounds right. I consider it a quality garment. Much nicer than I normally buy. It's just hard for me do anything with a horse, with a coat on. So I like it for that.

Check out the port authority web page. I've got what I call a truck driver vest from them. A gentleman that owed me a favor or two, sent me one in the mail from them about a month ago. I checked out their site, and they had gobs of them reasonably priced. It'll probably be the only kind I buy from now on.

greybeard":2jbz27s0 said:
http://www.filson.com/men/vests.html
The only extra long I saw was Mackinaw and for the bigger sizes, they showed out of stock on everything except plaid.
Not a slave to fashion by any means, but I never did like plaid anything.

The add says cut roomy. That must be why mine fits :oops:

kenny thomas":ogluu84b said:
torogmc81":ogluu84b said:
JMJ Farms":ogluu84b said:
Maybe Duluth Trading?
Oh good idea, won't hurt to check another website. Thanks
You folks cost me money when I read. I ordered a Duluth vest last night.

Hope it was 1/2 price cause its missing the sleeves. Last time I wore a vest it was with a 3 piece suit. to me its like wear flip flops and a parka , don't make a whole lot of sense.

Naw, a vest is the way to go. Much less restrictive than a coat. Plus, if it is cold, put a vest on under your coat.

Well, I found one today at Buchheit. They only had two left on the rack, a M and a L. The large fit me perfect. Had never heard of the company (Noble). Lady was telling how well made it was. 89.99. Love the lower side buttons, back tail, great pockets, quilted lining. I wouldn't say the "safari" color is my favorite, but, I think it will work well. So I got to the register and it rang up for 53.99. Well o.k. then, that almost never happens. I still think I will get the Carhartt vest with hood, gives me flexibility. This Noble one is lightweight and warm
http://www.nobleoutfitters.com/products ... anvas-vest

Noble Outfitters is good stuff. Treat yourself to a pair of their boot socks some day.

Latest posts