Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Can't hardly buy the materials for that money. Momma must be a looker!

A minimum of 13 2"x6"x8' #2 treated yellow pine (above ground) boards. (assuming each leg is =to or less than 48" long each) Retail price at Lowes is $7.68 ea (not incl tax). Around $100 per table. Add in a couple of 2x4x8 for braces and under pin cleats+ whatever fasteners are needed and some water repellant and you're in for at least $150/table not including your labor. She did good!

The problem I've always had with those type picnic tables is the spacing between seat and table top. Usually too close and hard as heck to get in and out of.

Greybeard's desk building reminded me; I was supposed to build a couple picnic tables this spring.

My Darlin Companion became impatient and found another man to build them. I reminded her that spring doesn't begin until the equinox, but she just gave me "the look" and told me to hook the trailer.

She paid $225 per for these and I was impressed with the quality. So impressed that I asked her if they were discounted for some other consideration. She just smiled and told me where to put them.

I'm going to add some carriage bolts to the legs, but otherwise think we (she) did good. She wants four more. Our granddaughter backed her up. By the way, according to my granddaughter, "picnic" is a three syllable word.
View attachment 41665
View attachment 41666
Now.. USE THEM, and often!! Too many people buy (or build) that kind of thing and then rarely use them for the wonderful memory making moments and hours they should be used for.

( just for reference and your own use as you (the relatively still feisty and evidently amorous young gentleman) see fit some starlit night...a twin mattress (38"x 75") will fit right on top of one of those tables.... )

Last edited:
Now.. USE THEM, and often!! Too many people buy (or build) that kind of thing and then rarely use them for the wonderful memory making moments and hours they should be used for.

( just for reference and your own use as you (the relatively still feisty and evidently amorous young gentleman) see fit some starlit night...a twin mattress (38"x 75") will fit right on top of one of those tables.... )
Thanks for the tip. It does sound safer than the canoe.

I once made the mistake of telling my ex wife she could pick out the color for the interior of the duplex we were building as long as it was white. She pick something with a tinge of violet in it. When the sun came through the window it made the room look purple. I then had to take all that paint down to the hardware store and they put I think it was some black to counteract the violet.

Latest posts