Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Tornado house. Things to notice,

The pile of white oak behind the house that entered through my son's room.
He was at college.
The 40ft pine stumps broken behind the house. Came through the kitchen roof.
The oak on the right of the driveway that destroyed my wifes SUV. My old Truck was next to it and had no visible damage.
The lack of a porch, we never found. Although we did find some of the maple that was in front of the door, in the neighbors shed.

Attachments

• 20220413_163305.jpg
    20220413_163305.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 34
Tornado house. Things to notice,

The pile of white oak behind the house that entered through my son's room.
He was at college.
The 40ft pine stumps broken behind the house. Came through the kitchen roof.
The oak on the right of the driveway that destroyed my wifes SUV. My old Truck was next to it and had no visible damage.
The lack of a porch, we never found. Although we did find some of the maple that was in front of the door, in the neighbors shed.
Dayum! Been there, but thankfully at the barnyard (both times) instead of the house, which is all of .25 miles away.

Thank goodness your son was away and no other (presumably?) injuries!

Dayum! Been there, but thankfully at the barnyard (both times) instead of the house, which is all of .25 miles away.

Thank goodness your son was away and no other (presumably?) injuries!

We went through 7 hurricanes in Florida in the 15 years we lived there.
Hit by a tornado here. Bad luck follows me....
We were "admiring" the lightning out on the porch. Wind picked up saw the horses run to the low ground, wife grabbed me by the shoulder as she spoke. "I don't like the way this sounds" She kinda pulled me backwards into the door as I slammed the door shut. We heard the porch rip off the house as we headed for my daughter, asleep in her room. Grabbed her and stuffed her into the doll house and my wife followed. I snatched the mattress off her bed and pulled it on top of us. Lasted a few minutes. I uncovered and went to look out the window and it got dark and started again for a few more minutes. Guess it was the other half. Well, all was lost but my old truck. Moved into the shop for a few days while we packed what we had left. It took the horse barn but left the chicken coop. They were 36inches apart.
Ok, the doll house. My daughter was into the American dolls and we made everything for it. Clothing, furniture, toys.... yes for the doll. Lol
Anyway I built a raised bed out of extra wood from the barn. 4x4 and 2x12 with 3/4in plywood floors and walls. Atached the bed/doll house to the frame of the house. Turned out to be the strongest room in the house!
All is good.
We had insurace.

Attachments

• 20170810_162413.jpg
    20170810_162413.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 15
We went through 7 hurricanes in Florida in the 15 years we lived there.
Hit by a tornado here. Bad luck follows me....
We were "admiring" the lightning out on the porch. Wind picked up saw the horses run to the low ground, wife grabbed me by the shoulder as she spoke. "I don't like the way this sounds" She kinda pulled me backwards into the door as I slammed the door shut. We heard the porch rip off the house as we headed for my daughter, asleep in her room. Grabbed her and stuffed her into the doll house and my wife followed. I snatched the mattress off her bed and pulled it on top of us. Lasted a few minutes. I uncovered and went to look out the window and it got dark and started again for a few more minutes. Guess it was the other half. Well, all was lost but my old truck. Moved into the shop for a few days while we packed what we had left. It took the horse barn but left the chicken coop. They were 36inches apart.
Ok, the doll house. My daughter was into the American dolls and we made everything for it. Clothing, furniture, toys.... yes for the doll. Lol
Anyway I built a raised bed out of extra wood from the barn. 4x4 and 2x12 with 3/4in plywood floors and walls. Atached the bed/doll house to the frame of the house. Turned out to be the strongest room in the house!
All is good.
We had insurace.
I just got goosebumps!!! Just . . . . wow!

We watched the 2nd tornado heading right towards us and finally bolted downstairs to the safe room. Sounded like a freight train as it went past but amazingly, didn't touch the house.

I never experienced a hurricane or a tornado, but my ex wife would look at the clouds and say those look ripe for a tornado, to me they were just clouds.

I never experienced a hurricane or a tornado, but my ex wife would look at the clouds and say those look ripe for a tornado, to me they were just clouds.
There's a tinge of green. It's eerily quiet. The hair on your arms or back of your neck will rise. If you grow up in tornado alley, you just feel it.

There's a tinge of green. It's eerily quiet. The hair on your arms or back of your neck will rise. If you grow up in tornado alley, you just feel it.
I bet. I grew up in Northwest Colorado; there was no such thing as a tornado there. My ex grew up in Eastern Kansas.

IvgTmPH.jpg

Latest posts