Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Ya it gets confusing when multiple places are named the same thing. Bears Ears is actually in Colorado. Where I took that picture I was only a few miles north of the Colorado Wyoming boarder. When driving the road from Encampment to Baggs you dip down into Colorado for probably less than a mile. I didn't see any wildlife in the mountains, only cows. I did see a big bull elk north to Rawlins out there on the desert, he was heading west; only a few hundred yards off the highway. I should have stopped and taken a picture, but didn't. This is the first time I ever seen any elk on the desert. No dad did pick up a couple of elk sheds on my uncles ranch, so the do go through there.
We were driving back west from Rawlins and saw a couple of bull elk on the north side of the road. First time we've seen them out in that kind of country too. I was driving west, east of Evanston on I-80, and saw a moose in a tiny little stock pond just off the road. You're probably familiar with that area and know the Uintas, where I assume the moose would normally be, are many miles to the south.

I spent a lot of time there but I've never seen an elk in Elk City Oklahoma. It was cold and icy.............and windy. Maybe they were hunkered down in some back alley...
Sounds like a typical winter day in Wyoming along I-80; spent some cold days gathering cows along the interstate. I will be out there this coming Sunday gather cows to ship back to our farm here in Riverton. I have never been to Oklahoma, so I would not know if there is elk there or not.

We were driving back west from Rawlins and saw a couple of bull elk on the north side of the road. First time we've seen them out in that kind of country too. I was driving west, east of Evanston on I-80, and saw a moose in a tiny little stock pond just off the road. You're probably familiar with that area and know the Uintas, where I assume the moose would normally be, are many miles to the south.
There are Elk on Farris Mountain North of Rawlins. I have not spent much time around Evanston, so I don't really know, but it would not surprise me. When growing up in Craig Colorado we had a moose come through town once, but that was usually unheard of. We also had a bear go through town once also.

My new ha
I really like to see everyone's pictures. So after your chores are done 😂
Just take a random picture and post it !
Here's mine from this morning.. just looking down the hill from the barn, sitting on an old protein tub, drinking coffee.View attachment 32934
my new round bale feeder, I got 6 of these at the Houston Richie Brothers Auction. I think they will last a bit longer than the Tractor Supply Feeders. A 5 footer slides right in

Attachments

• hay feeder.jpg
    hay feeder.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea there was a Bears Ears in Wyoming. Now I'm going to have to look for it next time I drive through. Can you see it driving on I-80, Evanston to Rawlins?

For that matter, the only Battle Mountain I knew of is in Nevada...lol

It's like the name Willow Creek. Everywhere has a Willow Creek. There are at least three Willow Creeks within 20 miles of my house.

Ya it gets confusing when multiple places are named the same thing. Bears Ears is actually in Colorado. Where I took that picture I was only a few miles north of the Colorado Wyoming boarder. When driving the road from Encampment to Baggs you dip down into Colorado for probably less than a mile. I didn't see any wildlife in the mountains, only cows. I did see a big bull elk north to Rawlins out there on the desert, he was heading west; only a few hundred yards off the highway. I should have stopped and taken a picture, but didn't. This is the first time I ever seen any elk on the desert. No dad did pick up a couple of elk sheds on my uncles ranch, so the do go through there.

There is a Bears Ears in Utah too. South of Moab...and probably one in Oregon, Idaho and who knows where else

Latest posts