Plumbing Experts?

Help Support CattleToday:

So I am having an issue at my house that I can't seem to figure out. When we take a shower in the master bath upstairs it will smell quite frankly like a septic tank for a little bit. The weird part is this smell is not really in the bathroom. You smell it outside of the bathroom, also going down the hall and really bad in just one of three other bedrooms down the hall.

I checked every trap thinking I had one dry but they are fine. I'm to the point that I'm going to get a plumber out but I haven't done it yet because I can't replicate it every time. It happens like 75-80% of the time But it's always just that shower that causes it. 🤔
Check all your bath room vents.
So I am having an issue at my house that I can't seem to figure out. When we take a shower in the master bath upstairs it will smell quite frankly like a septic tank for a little bit. The weird part is this smell is not really in the bathroom. You smell it outside of the bathroom, also going down the hall and really bad in just one of three other bedrooms down the hall.

I checked every trap thinking I had one dry but they are fine. I'm to the point that I'm going to get a plumber out but I haven't done it yet because I can't replicate it every time. It happens like 75-80% of the time But it's always just that shower that causes it. 🤔
Check all bathroom vent pipes. Tjhey May be on the roof or on the sides of house. If a bird builds a nest over it or something stops it up t can cause this.. I have had it to happened.

I had a problem at one of my rent houses with sewer smell after they would do laundry, turns out that the drain for the washer was to close to the toilet and created a vacuum when the washer emptied causing it to suck the toilet trap dry. I guess the people I bought it from had lived with it for years. I just moved the washer drain further down the main sewer line and have not had another problem.

Latest posts