Case Knife Experts.

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I bought a box of junk cheap that had other items I wanted but found these two old Case knifes at the bottom. One has a blade missing and the other a handle. Do I have junk or worth fixing?

VvwMZmN.jpg

9kSpmS2.jpg

I was at a flea market a few months ago and one of the vendors had a plastic see thru container full of oddball knives labeled $1.00 ea and I recognized a Buck knife and asked how much? 50 cents he said. When I got out to the truck and opened the blades, I found this:
DSC00496.JPG

Who the heck does that to a knife???

Still, I guess it was worth fidy cents

Worth something, I have a friend at church who can fix both if you are interested or I think you can contact Case and they will .

Most any Case knife is worth something. The larger "hunter" style knife is older. With a replaced blade it would be pretty nice and worth near $100 if the handles are bone, as they appear to be.
It is hard to judge from a picture. The other knife is newer but in better shape. With new scales it would be pretty nice. Repairs usually lower the value from that of a comparable knife with all original parts.

Most any Case knife is worth something. The larger "hunter" style knife is older. With a replaced blade it would be pretty nice and worth near $100 if the handles are bone, as they appear to be.
It is hard to judge from a picture. The other knife is newer but in better shape. With new scales it would be pretty nice. Repairs usually lower the value from that of a comparable knife with all original parts.
Thanks for the information. The big knife looks old and the handles are in good shape. The other knife is newer and it sells for around $60 new. I may send pictures to Case and see what they say about cost. IMO probably more than they are worth. Probably take a while to get a response but I found this site after coachg mentioned it and may get an estimate.

I was at a flea market a few months ago and one of the vendors had a plastic see thru container full of oddball knives labeled $1.00 ea and I recognized a Buck knife and asked how much? 50 cents he said. When I got out to the truck and opened the blades, I found this:
View attachment 37294

Who the heck does that to a knife???

Still, I guess it was worth fidy cents
I have an Old Timer "Improved Muskrat" that looks similar. It has been sharpened a few thousand times.

After a lifetime of carrying a pocket knife, a couple of years ago I noticed I had quite a collection of old knives from as far back as the 60s in an old tackle box. Many had broken springs or a cracked handle, all had blades worn down by sharpening. All brought back memories of old friends from whom I had obtained them, or of a trip when I was carrying a particular example. I even had the knife my grandfather carried with him on his final trip to the hospital. I was a collector and did not know it.
I began to read the history of the cutlery companies that made these knives from the 1920s through the 1960s when quality began to decline. This led to frequent trips to Ebay to look at examples of particular interest. It has been a fun two years of bidding on knives but I need to quit. I am running out of places to store them.

Had a good friend that passed away early 2000's . He had a large chest type cooler full of knives his wife and son kept after he passed . The 2011 tornadoes hit their home destroyed it and his wife was killed . I went over to try to pick up some of their belongs for their son who lived a couple of hours away . I found 2 of his guns , a mount of a buck he had killed and maybe 10-12 knives . . There was a small pond nearby; I still feel like most of those knives were in that pond . Never found that big cooler .

Latest posts