Pimping your breed

Help Support CattleToday:

Black Coos":2tcq2in0 said:
Other types: mini, dairy, lawn ormentals, you know....

Corriente and Black coos crosses. :cowboy: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: Coos you're talking shyt to everyone yet you're the one that borrows and leases the neighbor's bull just before he culls him. All that matters to you is "cost". Pityful :!: :!:

I use a very high quality bull that has been use up in that cattlemans program. It is only a cull to him, to me he is a beauty...and yes it is very cost effective..I think smart also, the said bull is sub-leased to another family I know , for the last 120 days to breed some young heifers. By the way they just feed him good, offered to pay me, but money ain't everything...

3 way the Black Angus passed more than color to them other breeds , you do agree to that?
I did not morph into anyone , I was banned because I am a LIBERAL, period..I did not use bad words, or call names , I only choice to point out a difference of opinion, one that is not accepted on here....

It is said no politics, yet there is a constance conserevative agenda being pushed on these boards, SSS of endangered species, Just today a trend about Shooting a purse snatcher , 6 times in the Back for a couple of hundred dollars. That ain't self defence, that is cold blood murder...

And anyone that differ from you, is insulted,called names and ran off the board...I AIN'T FRANKIE, I DO NOT QUIT, AND I AM AS TOUGH,AND MEAN AS ANY OF YOU.
To the people that have turn to pursonal insults, just because they do not like what I got to say, In turn I would still like to see your cattle, and hear you talk about them, and see you ranch/farms... I MIGHT STILL BE ABLE TO LEARN SOMETHING FROM YA'LL, maybe not...

In today's world there is only one good reason for breed selection. That is to raise high quality cattle that will be used in a cross breeding program for hybred vigor. In general there is Brahman, European, and Continental. There is so much variation within every breed today that to say any breed is this or that is based on pure ignorance. Qualities and traits are individually based and should be selected as such. There are far to many people in the pure bred business that have no clue as to what they are doing.
The number 1 breed in the US and the world is not any purebred but cross bred. Always has been always will be. When most pure bred breeders realize the fact that one breed cannot do it all and they are only there to supply high quality animals for the cross breeder, the beef industry will be far better off.

backhoeboogie":t2srrkpn said:
Victoria":t2srrkpn said:
I expect to see breed pimping, what I hate seeing is breed trashing.

Doesn't that go hand in hand? It sure seems so to me.
most of the time the 2 go hand in hand here.theres breeds that i disslike but i sure dont trash them.

VanC":2ftmfm4a said:
Yes, people "pimp" their breeds on here all the time, but it's to be expected. People are usually going to recommend a breed they know and are comforatable with as opposed to one they know little or nothing about. Who wouldn't? I also believe most people are really trying to help someone who's trying to get started, whatever they recommend. I do agree with whoever said that someone that doesn't even know what breeds are popular in their area probably should do a little more research before jumping in.

The only time it gets a little aggravating to me is when someone has done their research, has narrowed things down, and just wants a little more input about breed A and breed B. Then someone jumps in there and says breed C. So then the poster explains that they had considered breed C but decided against them for whatever reason. Well this gets the breed C guy hopping mad and he starts arguing with the poster about why his breed is better than any other. Shut up already!! :lol2:

I also love it when two breed pimps start arguing over whose the biggest breed pimp. Very entertaining, but then that's why I keep coming back. :tiphat:

I believe that this is one of the biggest reasons for breed trashing! I know that when someone comes on here and says should I use a Gelbvieh for something and the first post is from someone who says you would be much better off with Breed A B or C it pi$$es me off.

backhoeboogie":19lscoyu said:
Victoria":19lscoyu said:

Sometimes but I think you can say good things about the breed you raise and love without stepping on the other breeds to do so. I hope I have not been guilty of breed trashing, yet I also hope that I have told everyone that Red Angus are perfect. ;-)

Victoria":1ze8jg1p said:
backhoeboogie":1ze8jg1p said:
Victoria":1ze8jg1p said:

Sometimes but I think you can say good things about the breed you raise and love without stepping on the other breeds to do so. I hope I have not been guilty of breed trashing, yet I also hope that I have told everyone that Red Angus are perfect. ;-)

There's plus/deltas to just about everything and very breed. There are choices for this climate. There are also bad choices. If my climate were different I would change.

What I don't like is deception. I don't expect horse traders to have integrity either.

Latest posts