Pictures from this morning

Help Support CattleToday:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
We have too much snow for me to drag meadows today and I don't feel like finding anything else to do at the moment so I thought I'd post some pictures I took this morning.

Here's a few of the yearling heifers.
IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

Here's the chow line.
IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

This one has her snow shades on.
IMG_2410.jpg

Neighbor had a calf nearly buried in the snow.
IMG_2400.jpg

I think Mrs. crane was chewing Mr. cranes butt for leaving the sunny beaches of Mexico to come here.
IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

You need to do the neighbors a favor and let your bulls get out and do some "upgrading" next door!

WichitaLineMan":263c3je2 said:
You need to do the neighbors a favor and let your bulls get out and do some "upgrading" next door!

I'm going to try real hard to keep that from happening. :D

Ned Jr.":3k3p206h said:
WichitaLineMan":3k3p206h said:

I'm going to try real hard to keep that from happening. :D
being around all those pretty wimmen of yours,, you might have too get em liquored up before you did

:p i like the one where the rancher with the run down outfit says to a friend... yep this is mine, and that one is my bankers :cowboy:

What became of The Trails End Ranch at Hillside? I ( Mike) grew up on Par-Ker Ranch in Oklahoma. Mr. G.C. Parker use to invite Dad, Mom, and me out to Trails End in the late summer. I think he mostly invited Dad and we got to go along. Surely was a nice place to go in August. I think The Parker Family sold Trails End in the 90's or so.

1914 Hereford":2u0dp766 said:
What became of The Trails End Ranch at Hillside? I ( Mike) grew up on Par-Ker Ranch in Oklahoma. Mr. G.C. Parker use to invite Dad, Mom, and me out to Trails End in the late summer. I think he mostly invited Dad and we got to go along. Surely was a nice place to go in August. I think The Parker Family sold Trails End in the 90's or so.
Parkers sold  Trails End probably in the 80s right afyer Jim moved to Oklahoma ehicj I believe that was right around the time your Dad moved to Coldqater.Trails End belonged to my great grand father since he had purchased it in 1875. He purchased it from a man named Gibbs who Gibbs peak was named for. In the 30s my gramdfather sold it to an insurance companu from Denver,later sold it to Bill White who named it and built all the buildings for the Trails Rnd purebred hreford herd. Parker porchased it from Whites and did run some purebred cattle there for a while. It seems they were of Ehglish nreeding. Yhey were at least very dark colored. Clarence Hanning raan it for Parker.When we were buying bulls there it was nanaged by Ckarence Thomas who was a friend of Franklins. His son is Ted Thomas the former field man for the AHA. Ted now lives in Canon City and his mother lives in the same independent living facility that Connies' mom lives in. His second wife was a Squire from Hillside. My computer key board has gone crazy pardon the spelling.

I like the cattle, especially the heifers, your neighbour's cow will qualify as a donor for the Imbalancer plus breeding program

Great pictures, thanks. Those WERE the cattle that Doc and company didn't want to see. :D

Thanks everyone, glad you like um. :D

1914 Hereford, Idaman gave the history of the Trails End ranch way better than I could of. Their manager is a good man and I believe they just run yearlings on gain now and sell lots of hay.

Ned Jr, - I plan on posting some pictures soon to the other thread, the one with the baby pictures you know, of our current ranch. The mountains aren't as beautiful but the grass is futher along.

Really good looking cattle,especially was impressed with your heifer's. With that kind going back into your herd you should have it made in the future. Wished we had your snow as it's getting very dry here and we need to get this grass going,have enough moisture for the peas and barley to get a start.

Ned Jr, very nice heifers and bull, thanks for posting them. Over here on the left coast I was finally able to turn the cattle out to pasture yesterday... nice to be done with feeding hay.... for now.

Idaman, those baby and ranch pics are welcome here on the "breeds" board, I really enjoy reading your post. Calf pics seem to end up in many different areas, I can't see why they wouldn't fit on the breeds board, there has many posted here in the past.

Alan

Ned,
are all of your females polled or dehorned?

Latest posts