Got a couple pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

We have a few every year that have the red tinge this year we have more hair than I like seeing I am in hope that it is just Mother Nature doing what she does best. For us it has been wet and cold but also hot and humid a true roller coaster in regard to weather this winter. We were doing our AI work the Friday before Christmas and the boss started giving me the devil about the sorry syringe I had him using. I told him it was the same type we had used for the past 25 years lol finally figured out the gnrh was freezing in the dang needle. You northern folk probably are use to dealing with that kind of cold but it was totally new for us. We got it figured out but by golly I live in Florida for a reason and 9 degree temps is not suppose to be on our weather agenda.View attachment 25799View attachment 25800
here are a couple of photos from 2020 still have the red but not near the hair. I will try to remember to pull a tag on the minerals when I'm at the farm tomorrow. The calves seem healthy we have them scheduled for a worming in two weeks our winter pastures have not kicked in yet so they are on crap pastures which can load them upon worms. It really has been a rough wet winter.
I'm with Trav on this. That 2014 calf is a beauty. What's the breeding on him?

The 2014 calf was a stud he is a Charlo x SAV Blackcap May 0524 we have had a butt load of calves from that match and haven had a bad calf. Biggest problem was we had way more bulls than females. I have two full sisters in blood working and they are really hitting home runs. I put the last egg I had in from that cow last year and have another bull calf that is the spitting image of the 2014 calf. ED48479C-D45D-4774-81B1-E30EF3B093C4.jpegThis is the flush sister to the 2014 bull calf she has her first calf on the ground is hopefully bred back picture perfect udder. A whole lot to like from that flush

The 2014 calf was a stud he is a Charlo x SAV Blackcap May 0524 we have had a butt load of calves from that match and haven had a bad calf. Biggest problem was we had way more bulls than females. I have two full sisters in blood working and they are really hitting home runs. I put the last egg I had in from that cow last year and have another bull calf that is the spitting image of the 2014 calf. View attachment 25840This is the flush sister to the 2014 bull calf she has her first calf on the ground is hopefully bred back picture perfect udder. A whole lot to like from that flush
Very nice cow as well. Good feet, phenotype. Hope she raise big calf for u. Keep up the good work👍🏽

gizmom,
we have a few too, in our deal the ones that have those brownish tips are usually the bigger growier calves, so it doesnt bother me at all. you are right as mild as this winter has been we have more hair than normal..